Sign in to follow this  
Lumberjack Nick

New Custom Pilot & Crew Cards

For me everything would be the same as the TIE Droid card above except.

It would have Target lock, Barrel Roll, Evade only.

It would Cost 13 points

It would have the ability Droid Tie fighters need 2 stress tokens before counting as being under stress

Yep, I got your suggestion. I just don't like it as much, it doesn't fit into a niche as well (1) The stress rule would be a nightmare to word for clarity. And I don't think it fits the swarm of mosquito image nearly as well.

(1) it's no longer as much of a swarm, it's no longer as maneuverable, it's no longer as easy to gun down. It's just more average across the board. So it doesn't differentiate nearly as well from a normal Tie. Story wise they are cheaper to produce, ran in larger numbers and die in droves.

I agree.  Droids are unintelligent cannon fodder.  I understand the logic that Tie/D should have TL, but it would make them too effective for the purpose of the game.  To each their own.  BTW- I really enjoy seeing people's cards.  Nice Tycho!

Tycho is one of the good pilots that could cross over from ship to ship.  I wish the droid was 10 points though.  I say give them evade and barrell roll and no boost.  Make them a 10 pointer and youll really have the swarm you wanted.  Right now they are 1 less point than an academy tie and a lot worse.

Edited by Wookie Hunter

Tycho is one of the good pilots that could cross over from ship to ship.  I wish the droid was 10 points though.  I say give them evade and barrell roll and no boost.  Make them a 10 pointer and youll really have the swarm you wanted.  Right now they are 1 less point than an academy tie and a lot worse.

TBH I do think they may be too expensive at 11 points, I would probably drop them to 10 for testing (the price I originally suggested for them). But keep the barrel roll, boost as Actions, I don't like them having an evade, as that maybe makes them too survivable, I feel they should only have their maneuverability to keep them alive.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

10pts, barrel roll, boost, 2/2/2/2 ignore stress, a direct hit crit kills removes them immediately from the game?  Wordy but fun!

Why would they have shields? They are cheaper and more expendable than TIE/Ln, they don't have shields.. 10pt, Barrel Roll, Boost, 2/2/2/0, they have 2 less hits so I don't think you need to add the crit thing.... and anyway that is kindof the Die-Wings gimmick.

TIE/D are mass produced fairly reliable ships, not pieced together death traps.

Ugly_TYE-Wing.png

10pts, barrel roll, boost, 2/2/2/2 ignore stress, a direct hit crit kills removes them immediately from the game?  Wordy but fun!

Why would they have shields? They are cheaper and more expendable than TIE/Ln, they don't have shields.. 10pt, Barrel Roll, Boost, 2/2/2/0, they have 2 less hits so I don't think you need to add the crit thing.... and anyway that is kindof the Die-Wings gimmick.

Ugly_TYE-Wing.png

I WANT THIS MINI!!!

Ugly_TYE-Wing.png

Where did this come from?? It looks like a TIE body with Y-Wing engines! Great stuff. I'd love some pilot ships to go with a Kath Scarlet Firespray!

And here is one from me, there are numerous times where R2-D2 hijacks Anakin's ship in the Clone Wars and flies it without him. He's not a bad pilot either. There are also an instance of Tycho's Astromech flying an X-Wing solo. So why not

R2-D2.png

OFC no Astromech slot, because he's already in it piloting the thing. Also he doesn't get his shield regen ability as he is busy actually flying the thing rather than maintaining the shields.

I went with a unique R2-D2 rather than a Astromech flown X-Wing as I doubt you would want to see 3 or 4 stress free X-Wings on the board, and making it unique limits it. Also R2-D2 isn't really a standard droid, he's far more headstrong, rebelious and the most likely droid I know to take things into his own proddy things and hijack his masters ship and go for a joyride.

Love this card!! I want to steal it and put in on my blog.

I might change it to a 10. I just couldn't find any other cards with a "0" in it's cost slot.

I got it boost because I believe it's as fast of a TIE/IN, maybe a bit faster. I'll have to check Wookiepedia to be sure. Plus I like the idea that these things are just zipping around the board and don't have much defense. They are the definition of swarm tactics, which has kept me from giving them an Evade. 

Ugly_TYE-Wing.png

Where did this come from?? It looks like a TIE body with Y-Wing engines! Great stuff. I'd love some pilot ships to go with a Kath Scarlet Firespray!

Some call it a Tie/ugly. I seriously want this mini.

For me everything would be the same as the TIE Droid card above except.

It would have Target lock, Barrel Roll, Evade only.

It would Cost 13 points

It would have the ability Droid Tie fighters need 2 stress tokens before counting as being under stress

Yep, I got your suggestion. I just don't like it as much, it doesn't fit into a niche as well (1) The stress rule would be a nightmare to word for clarity. And I don't think it fits the swarm of mosquito image nearly as well.

(1) it's no longer as much of a swarm, it's no longer as maneuverable, it's no longer as easy to gun down. It's just more average across the board. So it doesn't differentiate nearly as well from a normal Tie. Story wise they are cheaper to produce, ran in larger numbers and die in droves.

I agree.  Droids are unintelligent cannon fodder.  I understand the logic that Tie/D should have TL, but it would make them too effective for the purpose of the game.  To each their own.  BTW- I really enjoy seeing people's cards.  Nice Tycho!

Yeah totally agree. The thing to keep in mind is to strip things down. The game doesn't give you a full representation of what these ships can do. Most of the ships can carry a lot more secondary weapons for one thing. And R2 can do a lot more than just fix shields. So just because a droid should or does have target lock in official canon doesn't mean it should have it in this game.

One thing to keep in mind when making custom ships and cards, I think, is to give it whatever you think it should have then strip stuff away from it until it has a simple theme to add to the game. That's what FFG seems to do a lot of the time.

Also, if you start getting to wordy with abilities, it's time to come up with a different idea.

I love seeing other people's cards as well. Tycho and R2 are awesome.

Here's some updates and some new ones.

tumblr_mv5hnaalSU1sg6vo7o1_r1_400.jpg

I made a Leia once before that had a PS of 5. This one is based off of the Leia depicted in the current Star Wars vol.2 series by Dark Horse. In that comic it says something to the effect that "when it comes to piloting, Leia can hold her own with the best of them," or something like that. Which suggests to me that he's one of the better pilots.

tumblr_muxilgoVE71sg6vo7o1_r1_250.jpg

I think this simplifies him quite a bit more than how I originally had him. Maybe he should cost more though?

tumblr_mv5dehP8151sg6vo7o1_r2_250.jpg

How about this for IG-88C instead of what I originally had since to turned out to be redundant. 

Awesome. Perfect tie/d. Thx!

I hope ffg makes the tie ugly. Pilot option include rebel patrol, mercenary, pirate, heroes, and more. It's a junk ship that would be great fun to fly. Mercenaries could fight for either team. Pirates could be a new faction that utilizes existing ships with different pilots/ abilities/ numbers.

I want to play the Reever faction.

Edited by Viceroy Bolda

I made a Leia once before that had a PS of 5. This one is based off of the Leia depicted in the current Star Wars vol.2 series by Dark Horse. In that comic it says something to the effect that "when it comes to piloting, Leia can hold her own with the best of them," or something like that. Which suggests to me that he's one of the better pilots.

Leia could pilot the Falcon, sort of.  she isn't a fighter pilot ever (even in the EU post ROTJ).  not long after the Battle of Endor, Luke gave her a small freighter like ship that was easy for her to fly, but that's about it.  she never was a good pilot & never flew a star fighter.  

otherwise the card looks good.  & I am loving the rest of them.  amazing work!

Leia could pilot the Falcon, sort of.  she isn't a fighter pilot ever (even in the EU post ROTJ).  not long after the Battle of Endor, Luke gave her a small freighter like ship that was easy for her to fly, but that's about it.  she never was a good pilot & never flew a star fighter.  

otherwise the card looks good.  & I am loving the rest of them.  amazing work!

Ugly_TYE-Wing.png

That is exactly what it is, they are made from scrap parts by pirates, they are notoriously rubbish and death traps.

This was the dial I made for them, as the original designer never posted one.

Die-Wing.jpg

The reason behind it was the Die-Wing, has 2 powerful engines designed for a heavy chasis attached to an extremely light TIE Chasis.. So it would put out far more power than the ship really needs, meaning it can't do tight turns and only recovers from stress if going fast straight forward.

I want to make 6 of them I think, The plan is to sculpt the engine from scratch in 8 or 9 pieces that can be cast easily, then assemble them... It's a long term project.

To go with my Z-Ceptor

zCept-WIP3.jpg

Z-CeptCardSmall.jpg

which runs with a TIE Bomber dial.

[Note I remade up the card template with a version background which is a mix of the Rebel and Imperial layout, with rust added, as is fitting of Uglies]

p1.gif p2.gif

Taking my first stab at doing one of these. I was thinking about what kind of pilot would pass out an evade token, and the first person that occurred to me was Piggy (he's a mathematical supergenius and he's preoccupied with watching out for his squadmates). Not sure if he's costed appropriately given his mediocre PS.

What do you think?

p1.gif p2.gif

Taking my first stab at doing one of these. I was thinking about what kind of pilot would pass out an evade token, and the first person that occurred to me was Piggy (he's a mathematical supergenius and he's preoccupied with watching out for his squadmates). Not sure if he's costed appropriately given his mediocre PS.

What do you think?

Awesome cards. I'd probably make them 26. The cost for the starfighters seem to be dependent on the PS. ex.) a 5 PS TIE Fighter costs 15 pts, A 9 PS X-wing costs 29 pts., ect.

What do you guys think Chewie would have for Lambda shuttle numbers?

"I don't think the Empire had Wookies in mind when they designed her, Chewie."

Hmmmm, maybe a 4.....which is kind of sad. Poor Chewie. I'm surprised that he wasn't at least a 6 or 7 on the Millennium Falcon.