Sign in to follow this  
Lumberjack Nick

New Custom Pilot & Crew Cards

IG88 seems appropriate.  I like it.  Thanks for sharing.  Some of us are making Tie Droids.  We've been discussing point values and such.  I think that they should have 2 agility ('cuz they're dumb mass produced droids), 2 attack, and 2 hull.  They would suffer stress like you have IG88 set up.  What are your thoughts? 

If you made a Tie droid card, I would probably use it.

Here ya go  :)

tumblr_mv3s5qBmlM1sg6vo7o1_400.jpg

We discussed these guys quite a bit too, we went for Agility 3, but no focus. As well droids can't concentrate more on a task.

Rodent, we not only talked about taking focus away, but also evade.  So the only action they would get would be barrel roll.  We made them super stupid, but we gave them interceptor dials.  They cost ten points. 

Lumberjack, you do excellent work.  I've printed most of your cards already.  Thanks for sharing.  Your artwork is fantastic.  Bossk.  Awesome.  Where do you find this stuff? 

I just noticed that there is a Tie/D exploding in the background.  How perfect. 

Viceroy Bolda, you are two kind. I find a lot of the art online, or I'll take actual pictures and make them look drawn. I'll also cut and paste stuff together like I did for the art on the TIE/D card. Thanks again. Enjoy the cards.

Corran Horn turning a blank into a hit is beyond op.  Thats better than Wedge.

IG88 sounds cool but all green and no stress is pretty op.  It sounds great but thats pretty cheap for it.  Thats a way better ability than anything else in the game.

Hmmm, I think I meant to make it all maneuvers turned to white instead of green. The only problem with that is, if he did get a stress token somehow he wouldn't be able to get rid of it. 

If it was white instead of green would it make it more even?

I would go with the text on the Tie/D, "If this ship gets a stress token discard it".... very simple, no issues with changing maneuver types.

Droid brains should be no stress, no focus, I'm ok with evade and barrel roll.  I agree with the previous posters.  If "broken with PTL" is the argument than taking away elite pilot skills should do the trick.  Maybe all maneuvers become white because there is no red there needs be no green.

The issue comes if he ever does get a Stress, he has no way of removing it. A simple, "If this ship gets a stress token discard it", would sort it out. You could possible go with something like "If this ship gets a stress token discard it. This ship may not activate cards that would cause it to gain stress." This would stop it using things like PtL, or any other card where gaining stress is part of the cost.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

I would like more of this level of X-wing pilot. X-wings don't get enough elite pilots skills. same for Y-wings

Couldn't agree more! I prefer mid level named pilots to keep a 4 ship build; never liked Biggs and used the heck out of garven. Looking forward to Janson and Porkins, although I'd prefer Janson and Hobbie to fit the episode V themed transport. Interested to see the generics in the set too, really hoping for a rogue group pilot!

I would like more of this level of X-wing pilot. X-wings don't get enough elite pilots skills. same for Y-wings

Couldn't agree more! I prefer mid level named pilots to keep a 4 ship build; never liked Biggs and used the heck out of garven. Looking forward to Janson and Porkins, although I'd prefer Janson and Hobbie to fit the episode V themed transport. Interested to see the generics in the set too, really hoping for a rogue group pilot!

Yeah it should be interesting to see what the campaign mode is like. I'm really looking forward to that transport. We have to be getting Rogue Squad soon one way or another.

You think they'll ever introduce in-atmospheric dials with more red maneuvers or something? I just assume that flying these ships in an atmosphere has to be harder than flying them in space.

It probably needs to drop down to around 10 points, even with its ability it is probably not as good as a basic TIE with 3 Agility and 3 Hull.

Also what dial is it using?

I'm thinking maybe 13 or 12 at the least. I'm just afraid that making it worth 10 points would allow you to put 10 of these on the table which could be almost unstoppable. 

You think they'll ever introduce in-atmospheric dials with more red maneuvers or something? I just assume that flying these ships in an atmosphere has to be harder than flying them in space.

Going to atmospheric combat would open FFG up to releasing additional on-screen units, such as the Storm IV cloud car, the T-47 snowspeeder, and the 74-Z speeder bike (although, at under 5 m, it would be a tiny miniature).

Going to atmospheric combat would open FFG up to releasing additional on-screen units, such as the Storm IV cloud car, the T-47 snowspeeder, and the 74-Z speeder bike (although, at under 5 m, it would be a tiny miniature).

Very true. Not sure how they would handle that. Do a squad on a single base? Just make the miniature to scale meaning it's super small? Maybe they'd give give you two instead of just one at normal price? 

It probably needs to drop down to around 10 points, even with its ability it is probably not as good as a basic TIE with 3 Agility and 3 Hull.

Also what dial is it using?

I'm thinking maybe 13 or 12 at the least. I'm just afraid that making it worth 10 points would allow you to put 10 of these on the table which could be almost unstoppable.

I doubt they would be, a single slot at these from a X-Wing is practically a guaranteed kill. 2 Agility, 2 Hull + no evade or focus.

For IG-88, would it make sense to remove the Crew upgrade slot, or maybe restrict his ability if he's carrying a crew member?

Or is that getting too far into it?

Since he's flying a large ship, I don't have to remove his crew member slot, and restricting upgrade cards could get a bit complicated and wordy I think. The best part about this game is how straightforward it is.

Corran might be better with that for sure.  The droid ties sound awesome but making 10 not be too powerful would make them awesome fun.  IG88 looks awesome now.  I could see that for sure.

tumblr_mv3s5qBmlM1sg6vo7o1_r4_400.jpg

How's this? 

You gave him engine upgrades?  NICE touch!  I didn't think of that.  That action bar is perfect for this!  I'm stealing this.  I hope FFG considers this for future waves.

Thanks Lumberjack!

Corran might be better with that for sure.  The droid ties sound awesome but making 10 not be too powerful would make them awesome fun.  IG88 looks awesome now.  I could see that for sure.

tumblr_mv3s5qBmlM1sg6vo7o1_r4_400.jpg

How's this?

You gave him engine upgrades?  NICE touch!  I didn't think of that.  That action bar is perfect for this!  I'm stealing this.  I hope FFG considers this for future waves.

Thanks Lumberjack!

Yeah I really like it, I'm guessing it's using a Tie Fighter movement dial. I think it really cool, one shot will take it down but it's hugely maneuverable because it doesn't have to worry about the pilot blacking out.

I would think the TIE Droid would have Lock-On, since it is a computer function,   Focus is not a computer function, but a pilot ability.   My TIE Droid would have Lock-on, Evade, and Barrel Roll.    Maybe boost, but unlikely since droids cannot think on their feet as quick as human pilots and would have analyze a situation, boosting is something that is done by instinct.  

Also, I would give them 3 hull, but say that critical hits that count as 2 would instead count as 3.   This represents the ease to take them down with a good hit

My too cents.

Edited by eagletsi111

I would think the TIE Droid would have Lock-On, since it is a computer function,   Focus is not a computer function, but a pilot ability.   My TIE Droid would have Lock-on, Evade, and Barrel Roll.    Maybe boost, but unlikely since droids cannot think on their feet and would have analyze a situation, boosting is something that is done by instinct.

My too cents.

That could possibly work to, and would make sense. But I don't like it as much. The reason I like this card is that these things feel right to me.. They are fairly ineffectual but buzz around you like flies.. Giving them a Target Lock would make them more effective and lower their maneuverability.

All the pictures I've seen of them from comics, have this swarm feel.

And here is one from me, there are numerous times where R2-D2 hijacks Anakin's ship in the Clone Wars and flies it without him. He's not a bad pilot either. There are also an instance of Tycho's Astromech flying an X-Wing solo. So why not

R2-D2.png

OFC no Astromech slot, because he's already in it piloting the thing. Also he doesn't get his shield regen ability as he is busy actually flying the thing rather than maintaining the shields.

I went with a unique R2-D2 rather than a Astromech flown X-Wing as I doubt you would want to see 3 or 4 stress free X-Wings on the board, and making it unique limits it. Also R2-D2 isn't really a standard droid, he's far more headstrong, rebelious and the most likely droid I know to take things into his own proddy things and hijack his masters ship and go for a joyride.

I would think the TIE Droid would have Lock-On, since it is a computer function,   Focus is not a computer function, but a pilot ability.   My TIE Droid would have Lock-on, Evade, and Barrel Roll.    Maybe boost, but unlikely since droids cannot think on their feet and would have analyze a situation, boosting is something that is done by instinct.

My too cents.

That could possibly work to, and would make sense. But I don't like it as much. The reason I like this card is that these things feel right to me.. They are fairly ineffectual but buzz around you like flies.. Giving them a Target Lock would make them more effective and lower their maneuverability.

All the pictures I've seen of them from comics, have this swarm feel.

I agree, but it just makes sense that a computer can lock-on.   Also, not so sure about the stess thing, because its not just a pilot feeling stess, but the ship also.         For me I say that droids can have one more stress then normal before feeling the effects of stress.      Because even though a droid might not feel stress, the ship will.    And the warning lights will tell the droid that if he pushes it more his ship will come apart.

Edited by eagletsi111

For me everything would be the same as the TIE Droid card above except.

It would have Target lock, Barrel Roll, Evade only.

It would Cost 13 points

It would have the ability Droid Tie fighters need 2 stress tokens before counting as being under stress

For me everything would be the same as the TIE Droid card above except.

It would have Target lock, Barrel Roll, Evade only.

It would Cost 13 points

It would have the ability Droid Tie fighters need 2 stress tokens before counting as being under stress

Yep, I got your suggestion. I just don't like it as much, it doesn't fit into a niche as well (1) The stress rule would be a nightmare to word for clarity. And I don't think it fits the swarm of mosquito image nearly as well.

(1) it's no longer as much of a swarm, it's no longer as maneuverable, it's no longer as easy to gun down. It's just more average across the board. So it doesn't differentiate nearly as well from a normal Tie. Story wise they are cheaper to produce, ran in larger numbers and die in droves.

Here is another one I made for myself.

TychoCardSmall.jpg