Sign in to follow this  
Lumberjack Nick

New Custom Pilot & Crew Cards

Another one could be, Friendly ships within range 1-2 may ignore Pilot Skills. So no Death Trap,  Stress for Boosting etc.

But how would you explain those ships suddenly becoming garbage again once their boss is dead? 

I think for inspiring leadership, something like this...

At the beginning of the combat phase, any friendly pirate within R1-2 may Boost toward the nearest enemy ship.

Following on to my comment about Corran Horn's skill - change 1 <blank> or <focus> to a <Crit> and rest of <focus> to <blank>. Modified dice may not be rerolled.

You could make it as follows (similar idea but might be easier to read)

When spending a focus token when attacking you may elect to convert 1 <focus> or <blank> to <Crit> and all the remaining <focus> to <blank>.

This is quite interesting as a skill. It bumps his damage output a bit in giving a crit sometimes, it isn't used every time (if you roll 2 focus do you take 2 hits or 1 crit?). It also introduces some tactical thinking. You might give up an extra hit on a low agility ship for the possibly interesting crit.

Possibly if not for Corran Horn, could add this to the Tie Adv as a free title? It would bump damage a bit. It would represent the slightly more advanced targetting system on the ship, and isn't crazy OP. What do people think?

While I'm pretty sure it would be disastrous from any number of perspectives, I am kind of taken with the idea of giving Uglies an ability, maybe via a title card, that lets them stack on a whole bunch of modifications (representing the constant upgrading, scavenging and tinkering that Ugly pilots do just to keep their ships running) but make each extra mod reduce the hull by 1 (because that extra stuff has to go somewhere, and with a cobbled-together ship, that likely means reduced structural integrity). 

tumblr_mv3s5qBmlM1sg6vo7o1_r5_400.jpg

Hey I played a game with them for fun.   They die quickly, when they are hit, but they a super maneuverable.     I think they probably cost about right.      It was weird not playing evades or focus.    I really think that makes them easy targets.

why not give them evade and maybe make it 2/1/2/0 they can still drop fast but also due some hurt. just a thought

Edited by RyonAndo

Who wants to make a sculpt of a Jedi Interceptor?

tumblr_mvb11f7Xa71sg6vo7o1_400.jpg

I apologize ahead of time if someone have already mentioned this (I only read up to page 6 at this point and do not want to forget what I have in mind).

Edit: And thank you LumberJack for making all these great cards!

I really don't like it much when you can add PTL & R2-F2, giving it a constant agility of 4 (and no chance of reducing it except going against Wedge) with still 2 points of action left over. The dial seems friendly to the stress as well.

Edit: Now I have to read up to page 12 (to this post), This card with Pilot 9, A-wing dial, with the Droid and Elite, and the generous amount of actions in the action bar, 29 sounds about right (or maybe even undercosted if you consider putting in PTL + R2-F2 + Stealth Device).

Edit 2: compared to Tie Advanced Vader, sure Jedi Anakin have 2 less shields, but gains, better upgrade slots, an even better movement dial and more maneuverable action bar.

Sure it costed somewhat with PTL + R2-F2 + Stealth Device, but it flies better than any Imperial ship in the game, 6 defense die + focus + evade (if you go full on defense) at range 3. Fly last (for even better positioning), shoot first. He is a good glass mini-cannon.

Edited by BattlePriest

The problem is really that he just doesn't have firepower.  Compare him to a Tie Fighter (Cause that's what his base stats are) and you see the problem.  Compare him to Soontir Fel, with an excellent ability and costs 29 (i believe?)…but that extra die is Huge…huge.  Basically, he costs the same for 1 less attack die, and gains 2 upgrade slots.  Sure he would be extremely hard to kill but he won't be doing much damage.  You would be putting 35 points into a ship with 2 firepower.

While I'm pretty sure it would be disastrous from any number of perspectives, I am kind of taken with the idea of giving Uglies an ability, maybe via a title card, that lets them stack on a whole bunch of modifications (representing the constant upgrading, scavenging and tinkering that Ugly pilots do just to keep their ships running) but make each extra mod reduce the hull by 1 (because that extra stuff has to go somewhere, and with a cobbled-together ship, that likely means reduced structural integrity).

Over on the black sun thread I thought up "jury rig" action and upgrade and "ambush" upgrades for "pirates".

Jury rig upgrade- free,1,2 (depending on slot)

Choose a second upgrade for an upgrade slot already chosen.

Jury rig action-

Until the end of the turn you may use your Jury rig modification. Gain one stress token. (Could roll a dice to see if it goes away too)

Ambush upgrade-1,2,3 pts.

Instead of setting up as usual this ship sets up according to its upgrade rules. Examples- 1 maneuver before intial planning phase, on edge instead of set up areas, touching/on obstacles with no ill effect, entering fight during later planning phases (perhaps from different sides of the board for more points).

All of them have very "Pirate" or mercenary feel and add new tactics to the game.

Edited by Rakky Wistol

The problem is really that he just doesn't have firepower.  Compare him to a Tie Fighter (Cause that's what his base stats are) and you see the problem.  Compare him to Soontir Fel, with an excellent ability and costs 29 (i believe?)…but that extra die is Huge…huge.  Basically, he costs the same for 1 less attack die, and gains 2 upgrade slots.  Sure he would be extremely hard to kill but he won't be doing much damage.  You would be putting 35 points into a ship with 2 firepower.

True, that is the point. Vader is also 2 firepower. Assuming you would like to include his 1 shot missile, he is 2 power the rest of the game and to get a dial to even resemble an a-wing, it needs an engine upgrade, that'll put it in the mid 30s (with no missile).

I believe anakin have to be expensive, that is the price to pay (limited with 2 firepower and 0 shielding), you get a ship with is near unkillable with the upgrades verses current dices and attack trends.

It doesn't have to be afraid of the HLC equipped ships because compared to them, he'll just fly circles around them and chip their hp one hit at a time (it'll be a boring game because your opponent can't hit you and if you happen to accidently get into their arc, just put focus and evade + your natural defenses). With all the options available and PS9, it could even outfly the "normal ships".

It'll be more devastating going against rebel opponents, and difficult for the imperial opponents. I sure do not like to roll against 5/6 defense dice all the time with focus & evade with 2 (tie fighter and bombers) or 3 (the Lambda would get destroyed, the slave 1 ships will be outflanked, only the interceptor or the a-wing have a chance of going toe-to-toe with it) attack dice, and that is if I could get it into my firing arc. I believe even Han Solo in the game would have a hard time killing Anakin, Anakin will just chip away his hp 1 at a time, while Han have to roll with 3 vs 5/6 defense die with focus and evade (but it'll be easier for Han with his 360 and a gunner, but it'll put Han way more than 60). 

even with it being 29, with the 3 upgrades I proposed, it'll be 38, there's still enough for 2 wingman.

But then will people accept a unique Imperial ship with stats of 2/4/3/0, 9 PS, 2 actions, no elite talent, action bar with focus, barrel roll, boost, evade, a-wing dial for 35 points is right for the cost?

(I'm just translating the cost from anakin skywalker of 29 + the R2 droid (and always using 1 action for 1 extra defense) + ptl )

Sorry for the long post, but I do agree it's weakness is it being shield-less and 2 damage, but with Anakin bare minimum of 22/23? (as some suggested) would make, after its upgrades, a 31 or 32 point ship that even make the other pilots to shame.

Not enough damage? use the many versatile actions available to get out of the firing arc and into range 1. Just saying.

tl;dr  Basically you be killing your opponents slowly with them having no opportunity to shoot. A frustrating and boring game.

And again, sorry for the long post.

Edited by BattlePriest

10pts, barrel roll, boost, 2/2/2/2 ignore stress, a direct hit crit kills removes them immediately from the game?  Wordy but fun!

Why would they have shields? They are cheaper and more expendable than TIE/Ln, they don't have shields.. 10pt, Barrel Roll, Boost, 2/2/2/0, they have 2 less hits so I don't think you need to add the crit thing.... and anyway that is kindof the Die-Wings gimmick.

TIE/D are mass produced fairly reliable ships, not pieced together death traps.

Ugly_TYE-Wing.png

Where did this come from?? It looks like a TIE body with Y-Wing engines! Great stuff. I'd love some pilot ships to go with a Kath Scarlet Firespray!

That is exactly what it is, they are made from scrap parts by pirates, they are notoriously rubbish and death traps.

This was the dial I made for them, as the original designer never posted one.

Die-Wing.jpg

The reason behind it was the Die-Wing, has 2 powerful engines designed for a heavy chasis attached to an extremely light TIE Chasis.. So it would put out far more power than the ship really needs, meaning it can't do tight turns and only recovers from stress if going fast straight forward.

I want to make 6 of them I think, The plan is to sculpt the engine from scratch in 8 or 9 pieces that can be cast easily, then assemble them... It's a long term project.

To go with my Z-Ceptor

zCept-WIP3.jpg

Z-CeptCardSmall.jpg

which runs with a TIE Bomber dial.

[Note I remade up the card template with a version background which is a mix of the Rebel and Imperial layout, with rust added, as is fitting of Uglies]

how did you make those?

Basically Nick, I think we are mostly agreed on something along the lines of

PS 3

3/3/3/3

(A-Wing or Interceptor Dial, I prefer A-Wing just because it has a high top speed.)

Upgrades: System, Missile, Cannon

Actions: Target Lock, Focus, Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade (I know a lot, but you can only take one a turn)

for around 33pts.

You have the option to getting up to over 50pts if you fully deck one out, but that feels right.

weren't tie defender pilots picked from the very best? shouldn't it have much better ps? + didn't it had a weak tractor beam or something?

sorry for the 3 straight seperate posts

Edited by Ihavebadluck

Got bored tonight so I made this Ugly.

A1E4DAEC-CD5A-41F8-80AC-3E30DB599074_zps

sorry for continually asking this but how?!

Not sure what you are asking.  :-)  Are you asking how to make ships like this?  I used a tie defender, cut it up, sctratch made all of the parts from the z-ceptor, assemble, paint, play.  I'll post production pictures later on.

I'm going to cut down those center guns because I'm not entirely happy with them.  I just picked up enough supplies to make a second Z-ceptor. 

As for the Tye, I cut the stats down to 2-2-2-0.

Edited by Viceroy Bolda