Sign in to follow this  
Lumberjack Nick

New Custom Pilot & Crew Cards

tumblr_muxilgoVE71sg6vo7o1_250.jpg

I feel this one's a bit controversial as it might negate the Kyle Katarn build a bit. Not sure if it should cost more. I really like this for a Yoda card as it reflexes what Jedi do in battle in the Thrawn Trilogy. Thoughts?

UPDATE

tumblr_muxilgoVE71sg6vo7o1_r1_250.jpg

Edited by Lumberjack Nick

tumblr_muxc0y4eil1sg6vo7o1_400.jpg

pure awesomeness.. i like whistler too. they really need to add him into the game already! is that the picture from the first rogue squadron book? it looks mighty familiar..

Edited by oddeye

tumblr_muxc0y4eil1sg6vo7o1_400.jpg

pure awesomeness.. i like whistler too. they really need to add him into the game already! is that the picture from the first rogue squadron book? it looks mighty familiar..

Thanks! I know they do!

As for the picture, I'm not sure. It looks like similar art. I found it during a Google search for Corran Horn art.

IG88 seems appropriate.  I like it.  Thanks for sharing.  Some of us are making Tie Droids.  We've been discussing point values and such.  I think that they should have 2 agility ('cuz they're dumb mass produced droids), 2 attack, and 2 hull.  They would suffer stress like you have IG88 set up.  What are your thoughts? 

If you made a Tie droid card, I would probably use it. 

IG88 seems appropriate.  I like it.  Thanks for sharing.  Some of us are making Tie Droids.  We've been discussing point values and such.  I think that they should have 2 agility ('cuz they're dumb mass produced droids), 2 attack, and 2 hull.  They would suffer stress like you have IG88 set up.  What are your thoughts? 

Hmmm, that sounds interesting. I'll have to look into it.

Here ya go  :)

tumblr_mv3s5qBmlM1sg6vo7o1_400.jpg

We discussed these guys quite a bit too, we went for Agility 3, but no focus. As well droids can't concentrate more on a task.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

I agree on the Corran Horn, I said it was a bit underpointed.. at 29pts I think his ability would be fine. I don't have an issue with it being better than Wedges ability, he is force attuned. He is still not as good a pilot as Wedge, being lower PS. Wedge brings two things to the table, a great ability and the fact he almost always shoots first.

IG88 ability is great, he might just be a bit underpointed. I would be tempted again to remove Focus from his bar, as robots can't really concentrate hard on something. that and making sure his point are the correct amount, and I'm fine with it. It does very acurately represent how he had his ship configured, with all the safety systems off as he didn't need to worry about G-Forces and stress.

I don't really believe in OP abilities, just underpointed abilities and abilities that are SO situational as to make them impossible to point. As neither of these abilities fall into the later catagory (and secondarily aren't overly complicated), I think they are fine to exist in the game.

An example of an ability that should never be in the game due to it falling into the second catagory "When attacking a ship with a Turret Upgrade card, gain 3 hits", this is a nightmare because against 80% of lists it does absolutely nothing, but against 10% of lists which run multiple turreted ships it destroys them. So how do you point it, if it's correct for the 10% of the time, it's hugely overpointed all the rest of the time.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

I am fine with Corran Horn, actually it is not as powerful as one might expect.

But IG88 is really too good, i mean there is just no point cost justifying a ship that can't be stressed, especially with stuff like Daredevil or PTL around. He also can koiogran every turn and count it as green. There is just no other ship that could follow him and its not like the Firespray was bad from the beginning...

We discussed these guys quite a bit too, we went for Agility 3, but no focus. As well droids can't concentrate more on a task.

Rodent, we not only talked about taking focus away, but also evade.  So the only action they would get would be barrel roll.  We made them super stupid, but we gave them interceptor dials.  They cost ten points. 

Lumberjack, you do excellent work.  I've printed most of your cards already.  Thanks for sharing.  Your artwork is fantastic.  Bossk.  Awesome.  Where do you find this stuff? 

I just noticed that there is a Tie/D exploding in the background.  How perfect. 

Edited by Viceroy Bolda

But IG88 is really too good, i mean there is just no point cost justifying a ship that can't be stressed, especially with stuff like Daredevil or PTL around. He also can koiogran every turn and count it as green. There is just no other ship that could follow him and its not like the Firespray was bad from the beginning...

You could remove of lot of those issues by taking the EPS off his bar, that along with removing his focus would stop a lot of the OP'd-ness. Counting things as green doesn't really mean much as he can't take R2-D2 and can't have stress. So it would really come down to being able to do red maneuvers every turn. but without the EPS he could not do 2 Actions after K-Turning.

Corran Horn turning a blank into a hit is beyond op.  Thats better than Wedge.

IG88 sounds cool but all green and no stress is pretty op.  It sounds great but thats pretty cheap for it.  Thats a way better ability than anything else in the game.

Hmmm, I think I meant to make it all maneuvers turned to white instead of green. The only problem with that is, if he did get a stress token somehow he wouldn't be able to get rid of it. 

If it was white instead of green would it make it more even?

You could remove of lot of those issues by taking the EPS off his bar, that along with removing his focus would stop a lot of the OP'd-ness. Counting things as green doesn't really mean much as he can't take R2-D2 and can't have stress. So it would really come down to being able to do red maneuvers every turn. but without the EPS he could not do 2 Actions after K-Turning.

Yeah, maybe if I strip IG-88 down a bit it would feel a bit more even. No focus, and no EPS, plus turning all maneuvers into white instead of green might do just that.

The only red on the Firespray's dial are the K-Turns. So what if the text read, all K-Turns become white maneuvers? 

Droid brains should be no stress, no focus, I'm ok with evade and barrel roll.  I agree with the previous posters.  If "broken with PTL" is the argument than taking away elite pilot skills should do the trick.  Maybe all maneuvers become white because there is no red there needs be no green.

I don't think I recall a droid ever out flying a pilot so that fits flavor wise too.  Someone will point out I'm wrong in the next 6.8 seconds or so if it did happen.