Sign in to follow this  
jabberwoky

[Lure of the Expanse] Question of Starship Components and Achievement Points

A friend of mine is running Lure of the Expanse and asked me about awarding Achievement Points in the campaign.  There are many spaceship components that have "players earn an additional [number] of Achievement Points towards completing a [specific type of] objective."

As I understand it, Lure of the Expanse awards achievement points not for going towards a specific objective, but rather as a reward for doing certain things in the campaign.  Are these components ignored because the players are not working toward a defined objective?  Our are these bonus Achievement Points awarded after the endeavor is over?  Or is there another solution?

I awarded the ap after the endeavour and made a judgment call on the added ap from the ship component. Which is a yes given the fact that nearly every aspect came into play during the endeavour

The bonuses are intended more for 'generic' endeavours, but yes, you need to apply a bit of intelligence. Decide for yourself if it should qualify.

A barracks loaded with dudes is worth bonus points to a military objective. If said military objective involves securing orbit in a series of clashes with enemy warships....clearly they're going to be of limited use.

Taking the Sabrine Nexus as an example; the main 'objective' is to read the nexus. You could argue that it's 'exploration' - you're trying to map a route - but you're not generating this map by surveying the system or surrounding space. As a result, a deep space augur or observation dome shouldn't help.

Observation Dome would help on reviewing the Light of Terra exterior and/or assessing its condition though I guess.

An exploration bridge would help get plans on the Nexus Temples structures for approach plans (saving hours of the Explorers time).

Also, Barracks could be useful for deploying support on the Zayth war. Or even on the Dread Pearl itself, as more disciplined soldiers would "behave better" while walking over or patrolling a place full of invaluable gems.

A cargo hold could get a lot of water from Vaporius in a single run. ; )