Sign in to follow this  
LordCole

KR Multicase update

The updated sets are finally available on their site,no images yet with images now.

The individual trays and sets are now shown, just waiting for Miniature Market to get them in stock.

I do like that this time they have the factions seperated in the new trays.
I have trays XW1-4 and I think they work well.

KR Multicase

I'll post some images of the first 4 trays later if anyone is courious.

Edited by LordCole

Some of the images are a little blurred but this is what I have set up for waves 1&2:

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

Link to my Photobucket gallery with more aweful blurry images :)

th_IMAG0121.jpg

Edited by LordCole

I'd like to echo the quality of the layers 1-4, they are fantastic. My only issue was bwings/hwks/shuttles and now they are catered for in these latest 2 layers.

True; Though, the Hawk and Lambda ships are such an odd shape, that they have need a different die cut, just seems easier to have them segrigated. In the end I would have liked to have seen the Falcon and Slave -1 get seperate trays.

My intentions are to build a custom "road" case with extra space for more trays in the future, it would be great to have a case for seperate factions.

I looked at Battlefoam first but it came down to what Miniature Market had on hand at the time; now my FLGS carries pre-cut Battlefoam, I cannot justify the extra expense for different foam storage.(my OCD says it must match!)

I have looked at these with much interest in the past.  My current setup is still good through Wave3 and even the aces.  Depending on what is included in wave four I may have to upgrade especially if it includes more large ships.

I just placed my order last week for XW3, XW4, XW5, XW7 and they should be here hopefully next week, I could take pics and post here if anyone is interested. That should cover my 3 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 TIE Bomber, 2 TIE Interceptors, 1 Firespray, 1 Lambda.

I decided not to order any XW1 or XW2 -- I just find it a waste to pack cards, tokens and templates in foam and will opt for Plano boxes instead. I like to take the tops off of plano boxes for game play and set them to the side on the table for easy access.