Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richsabre

What Faction are You? (yes...another richsabre poll!!)

48 posts in this topic

thanks for voting

im surprised there isnt more dwarf players given the amount they have been developed...i really love dwarves though i know a lot of players who got sick of them during the dwarrowdelf cycle

rich

Edited by richsabre

People (including me) "cry" about dwarfs, in this game, for being to powerful and they play with Glorfindel & Elrond (including me i say again :P

In my decks, I mostly like playing (f) dwarves. In my heart however, I'd rather ride with the Rohirrim. Yay for Vikings on horses! :)

Edited by Rain King

i am particularly pleased to see that we are getting a dwarf event in blood of gondor. at first i thought it a little randomly placed....but then again, its not really as random as dale scout....that poor guy needs some company!

rich

@rich - Yes, I've used this deck and won every scenario in the Core Set, Khazad-Dûm and Dwarrowdelf. Currently working my way through Shadows of Mirkwood with a second player. We might try Conflict at the Carrock this weekend, will certainly be a challenge! I sometimes tweak it a little - Landroval has gone in and out a few times, as well as extra Watchers of the Bruinen and Trollshaw Scouts. Recently added some trap cards for better staging area control. What I would like is improved card drawing and resource collection. One could always use Rivendell Minstrel to get hold of Song of Kings and then Steward or Gondor (or try and play it with Vilya). I'm also considering getting an extra core set just for the sake of Unexpected Courage and A Test of Will, as I've found no place online where TCG cards are sold separately, new or used - at least not to Europe. Is there one?

I'm also considering getting an extra core set just for the sake of Unexpected Courage and A Test of Will, as I've found no place online where TCG cards are sold separately, new or used - at least not to Europe. Is there one?

no i do not think so, even the ones in the US i have seen sell for far too high- you may as well get a 2nd core set. i got one last year after considering it since the game started. initially i didnt think it worth it but since i play a lot of 2 handed, its nice to even have extra copies of cards you get 3 copies in the core set

i would say its certainly worth it

rich

I would love to be a Silvan player, but that's not really possible yet. 

Right now I'm a Ranger player. Lore is definitely my favorite sphere and I love the Ranger's ability to attack into the staging area. I'm just bummed that you can't play with Faramir on Blood of Gondor

This is tough for me to answer. I would probably have to say:

1. Outlands

2. Hobbits

3. Dwarves

But this is based on a few things: Firstly, I really really REALLY want to make a solid Gondor deck but I haven't been able to, so in my heart I am a Gondor player, but I just have never been able to live up to it.

The Outlands deck I made makes up for this, but it is practically unstoppable. I put them number one because I love the deck, it's semi-close to being my "Gondor" deck, and if I get frustrated on a quest I whip them out and smash it just to show myself that it's possible. But I kind of feel like using them is a little too easy so I tend to not use them on my first go-around in a quest. I'd rather lose 5 times as hobbits and then win with them than just breeze through as Outlands.

I also really enjoyed playing as the dwarves through the Dwarrowdelf Cycle, but I've grown a bit bored of them and have moved more towards playing as the Hobbits as my primary deck. 

As I don't have HoN or subsequent adventure packs my first choice is Dwarves. Just got Black Riders so I'm sure Hobbits will soon be #1. In Warhammer 40k it has to be Tau Empire whilst in LOTR strategy game it's Gondor!!!

My current deck, which I set up last Xmas to play Heirs of Numenor and have had set up all year, as I want to take it through the entire Against the Shadow cycle before I change it, is a Rohan-Gondor split, with a good dose of elves all the same. I think Rohan is the major faction though, so I'll say (d).

I play everything really.

But at heart I'm: a, (love the silmarillion!)

then h, (I always had a thing with those rangers & dunadan)

Then x, (which is Ents, but they're not in game yet)

I have yet to play the game fully but I love Dwarves.. always have!

( I particularly loved the book Dwarves, as well)

a) noldor

c) gondor

h) rangers (i consider these seperate from gondor)

I haven't been able to play hardly at all over the last few months...  So if I had to answer this from the start of when I started the game when it released, the Dwarves would be high on my list...  But for a more "recent" lineup (and by recent, I mean I've only been able to do about play about 3 runs through BR since it released, and that's been it for the last few months for me) I've had the above three (not in that particular order).  I finally broke down and started playing double-handed, with a LDR/LORE Ranger'ish deck of Faramir, Coragorn, and Theodred combined with mono-Tactics (Legolas, Bard, Beregond).  For a 4-handed run with a couple friends, I added an all-Hobbit deck (Sam, Merry, Pippin) and a secrecy deck (Glorfindel + Beravor).  I am loving the Rangers, plain and simple.  Even though the traps were not as effective in BR, they will be gold in a majority of the regular AP's... and I see myself running Faramir regularly as a main for me in the future (would like to start creating some different combos of him and the Twins, Beravor, etc).

So Rangers/Dunedain head my current list (and are truthfully the "race" closest to my personality and love of play-style)

:

1) Rangers (Dunedain)

2) Gondor

3) Noldor

4) Hobbits

Edited by benhanses

From a thematic view point I like playing with Silvans - more specifically the Lorien elves, though they have yet to be developed enough to make decent decks from (but that doesn't stop me trying!)

Also (again for theme) I love Eagles and Radagast.  So that would be "Creature" I think :-)

So many people like playing as Elves!  I have seldom made Elf-focused decks, so I need to do that more.

I myself enjoy my ongoing effort to create the perfect dual Gondor deck setup.  But in the end, my all time favorite faction to play as are the Dwarves.  They are so well rounded and it never becomes dull, especially when you have many Dwarves on the board.  I have yet to have all 13 of Thorin's Company in play at one time, but it is a continued goal of mine!