Sign in to follow this  
macar

My new game Mat

The backgrounds are very nice, but the planets look pretty "artificial" IMO...

Using a bit Photoshop magic... if you don't mind... May I suggest something like:

ndei.jpg

3r3y.jpg

Both these are nice and I think the white one is less hard on the eyes than the original white one.

Yeah, I like the white planet a lot more with the blue glow. It softens the transition to space and gives the planet an atmospheric appearance.

....and the added shadow on the near side gives it a little more realism and less eye strain.

I do not like the shadow, and maybe there's more then one sun so its light 24/7 or maybe it just looks freaking cool without the shadow, maybe i did make the image without the shadow my wall paper on my computer, maybe that stuff did happen maybe it didn't. So point is KEEP the none shadow picture (No offense Jeham Menasis). On another note i feel like both sides having shadows on them makes it more repetitive and makes the entire product less engaging.

But i LOVE the extra glow and shadow on the other planet! I can look at it without sheer blinding brightness. Bravo!

Edited by Imperial Rebel

Hey guys I am currently in the process of moving (good timing eh) I will get back with some updates later. I like the ideas thrown around and will make changes accordingly!!

I do not like the shadow, and maybe there's more then one sun so its light 24/7 or maybe it just looks freaking cool without the shadow, maybe i did make the image without the shadow my wall paper on my computer, maybe that stuff did happen maybe it didn't. So point is KEEP the none shadow picture (No offense Jeham Menasis). On another note i feel like both sides having shadows on them makes it more repetitive and makes the entire product less engaging.

But i LOVE the extra glow and shadow on the other planet! I can look at it without sheer blinding brightness. Bravo!

Couldn't disagree more. The shadow makes it feel round. Maybe a less pronounced shadow.

No offense taken, as I said, they are only suggestions.

No offense taken, as I said, they are only suggestions.

Glad we are on good terms then :) (as i said before i love the second image)

Couldn't disagree more. The shadow makes it feel round. Maybe a less pronounced shadow.

If the shadow was a little lesser i could go for it.

Post 51 is the clear winner IMO. Maybe a bit less shadow, but compared to the original it is a huge improvement.

I would pass on the original as it looks cartoonist, but the glow and shadowing really makes a positive difference and I will definitely buy.

Edited by afilter

hey guys I have not been dead!! I promise!

I'm actually at a hookah bar right now for some interwebs before I make the hour march up to minnesota, I will be playing the imperial march theme the ENTIRE TRIP.

On a serious note I am continuing to work on the maps and find better solutions for printing (including just buying a 8k printer so I can produce them for actual cost)

I am currently having the Eclipse and Tundra Map printed and will bring them with me to worlds!

As far as price I will be looking at about 30$ for each map, I am trying to continue to lower the price, anyone that would wish to purchase one I would be happy to refund the extra if I end up getting the maps made cheaper later.

Right now they are one sided, the images will be posted after worlds so people can see them up close and personal.

Thank you guys for your support and what you have added to making this a product we can all enjoy. You all have my thanks for your feedback.