Sign in to follow this  
Gargi

Pictures of your table

I like your idea for the thread.  I dunno that I'd be able to function at your table, not enough elbow room to stretch out or lay out reference material.  I'm finding out that in GM'ing EoE I'm referring to material and rules alot more than in D&D games..so need more room for sheets, even though I store most of my stuff in a 1" binder, divided into sections (talents, skills, advantage/triumph spending charts, story notes, NPC stats)

Although most of my players are using dice app and I want to project it on a large screen or projector, your centerpiece looks like somewhere to roll dice & contain them?  Looks interesting & very useful in EoE system that uses so many dice, what's it called and where'd you get it?

I thought it is interesting to see, how the GM are organizing their tables. Today we got a (short) 2 1/2 hour session. As an attachment a picture of my table today ...

What's that galaxy map looking thing you have on the table?

This my pre-setup of scene 1 of Crates of Krayts on Tatooine

post-213035-0-70013900-1381979914_thumb.jpg

Edited by archon007

I thought it is interesting to see, how the GM are organizing their tables. Today we got a (short) 2 1/2 hour session. As an attachment a picture of my table today ...

And how did you add the picture?

How about adding a link to another site?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The presetup looks very interesting! Have you made it by yourself?

The map on my table is a sheet I have made to calculate travel time  :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

you are awesome dude

This my pre-setup of scene 1 of Crates of Krayts on Tatooineattachicon.gifimage.jpg

The map on my table is a sheet I have made to calculate travel time :)

1) mind sharing that travel time sheet?

2) yes they are all paper terrain I printed on card stock, cut, and glued. We like using miniatures and since I have over $300 in WotC Star Wars minis so we use those and different terrains from http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/

you are awesome dude

Thanks, it's a lot of work but it adds a lot and the players like it. Really gives a feel for what's going on. Edited by archon007

The map on my table is a sheet I have made to calculate travel time :)

1) mind sharing that travel time sheet?

I'd like to but I "screenshoted" the map I used as basis for my tables on it from a page on the web. So I'm pretty sure it would be not legal to re - share it  :huh:  

[i'd like to but I "screenshoted" the map I used as basis for my tables on it from a page on the web. So I'm pretty sure it would be not legal to re - share it  :huh:

You could link the website you used?

[i'd like to but I "screenshoted" the map I used as basis for my tables on it from a page on the web. So I'm pretty sure it would be not legal to re - share it  :huh:

There you will just find the map and have to reinsert it into the table. Or is it just the map itself you are looking for?

There you will find it: http://www.romanorum.net/starwars/astrogation.html

I just inverted the colors of the map and did my own calculating table:

travel_time.jpg

There you will just find the map and have to reinsert it into the table. Or is it just the map itself you are looking for?

travel_time.jpg

So far in my adventure i have been ignoring the intracacies of travel time.  I have really been thinking of how to incorporate it into my game.  Can you please provide a breif overview of how you are handaling it.  Your table & tools look really good

Edited by Bryancar

[i'd like to but I "screenshoted" the map I used as basis for my tables on it from a page on the web. So I'm pretty sure it would be not legal to re - share it   :huh:

So far in my adventure i have been ignoring the intracacies of travel time.  I have really been thinking of how to incorporate it into my game.  Can you please provide a breif overview of how you are handaling it.  Your table & tools look really good

I'll try it to explain  :)

First you have to print the map like I placed it on a A4 paper here in order to meassure the correct distances between starting point and your target:

calculating.jpg

So we travel from Rodia to Gamorr. Rodia is in the Mid Rim and Gamorr in the Outer Rim. The direct Connection is 4,5 cm. BUT! 3,5 cm in the Mid Rim and 1 cm in the Outer Rim. Travel time in the Inner Rims is much longer due to more star systems, planets, higher gravity fields and so on. So you have to use the ring modifier for every part within every ring you are crossing:

3,5 x 1,1 = 3,85

1 x 1 = 1

Together: 4,85

Now the cm into lightyears using the LY modifier:

4,85 x 6977 = 33.838,45 lightyears

A factor 1 Hyperdrive makes 5707 lightyears per hour:

33.838,45 / 5707 = 5.9 hours ( 6 hours)

Since my players have a Factor 2 drive, it is

6 x 2 = 12 hours.

On this map you see Hyperspace routes. Using a hyperspace route, this would be the time it will last. But between Rodia and Gamorr there is none, so it will be 8 times longer on an external route:

12 hours x 8 = 96 hours

And now the astrogation check: The better it is, a better route is found and can be shortened by an additional factor. So the distance is below 50.000 lightyears, roll an easy astrogation check (for hyperspace routes, count the amount of rings you are crossing). So as an example you got an successful roll, count the advantages (not successful count the threats) . In our example maybe 2 advatages. The modifier is 0,8:

96 hours x 0,8 = 76,8 ( 77 hours)

That means travel time is 3 days and 5 hours.

So sometimes it is better to use a hyperspace run and a short trail outside to save time. But that is up to the players to find a good route to their target.

It looks a bit complicated, but it is big fun for my players to calculate their routes  ;)

cu

Gargi

Edited by Gargi

That space range band's PNG looks intriguing.  If you had the map always centered on the party's ship and moved other ships instead.  Is that how you use that?  Any tips or advice?

That space range band's PNG looks intriguing.  If you had the map always centered on the party's ship and moved other ships instead.  Is that how you use that?  Any tips or advice?

I noticed that too and had already thought about doing something similar by making the main focus of the space encounter the center.

How is it working for your group?

Hey guys thanks for the kind words.  I actually started using it by moving all the other ships around, but I have shifted to moving the LABELS of Port, Starboard, Aft, Fore.  It's just easier.  So I produced the background WITHOUT the labels for direction, then added them as text in Roll20, so I can move them.

It's working great.

Edit: But yes, I move the other ships around in the range bands and always keep the players ship center.

Edited by Conviction

I ran my first ever RPG today for a group of friends that had no experience with RPGs either. It was just plain awesome and I'm happy to say that we're gonna do this a lot now ^.^

Here's a picture of how I set up the table before we started playing:

ss8b.jpg

I couldn't have run this game without the fantastic hints and tips from all the guys in this forum. So to anyone that reads this: consider yourself rocking (should you not already do so anyways)!

Greetings from Germany!

Edited by Colourful

I ran my first ever RPG today for a group of friends that had no experience with RPGs either. It was just plain awesome and I'm happy to say that we're gonna do this a lot now ^.^

Here's a picture of how I set up the table before we started playing:

ss8b.jpg

I couldn't have run this game without the fantastic hints and tips from all the guys in this forum. So to anyone that reads this: consider yourself rocking (should you not already do so anyways)!

Greetings from Germany!

man i love these kinds of stories. you have so much fun ahead of you. what is the app you are using on your ipad in that picture?