Sign in to follow this  
JasonRR

Content and Character Builder

This is a very neat builder and seems like it could be very useful for conversion games. At some point I'm planning on using a golden age of piracy game in this system and you builder looks like it will be helpful.

Actually a conversion from Star Wars to my homebrew fantasy setting was my inspiration for creating this in the first place. So please, do the conversion work and let me know if there is anything you feel might better support your work!

First update for the new year. Enjoy the new Attachments and Modifications feature!

2014.01.03 v 0.1.7.1

• A few updates to clean up last night’s build

2014.01.02 v 0.1.7.0

• You can now add Attachments in the Content/Gear pane

• You can add or buy Attachments for Gear in a Character’s Inventory and adjust modification slots

• Armor Attachments and Modification of Attachments are automatically calculated when armor is “Equipped”

• A number of UX improvements

This update contains Signature Abilities from Enter the Unknown.

2014.01.06 v 0.1.8.0

• Signature Abilities and upgrades can now be created in the content panes

• Signature Abilities can be added to Careers

• Characters can select a single Signature Ability based on their Career

• Added Attachments to the Settings/Export pane

Just a few fixes.

2014.01.07 v0.1.8.1

• Fixed a bug with Wound and Strain Threshold calculations

• Added Signature Abilities and Signature Ability Upgrades to the Settings/Export pane

• Corrected a performance issue with the Character/Advancements pane

Small bug fix. I hope no one ran into it.

2014.01.13 v0.1.8.2

• Fixed a bug when creating a new character and selecting Race/Species before Starting Specialization

• Added an option to the Character/Attributes/Soak Edit popup to exclude Brawn from Soak calculation

Very basic version of a paper doll has been added. I will be continuing to improve this feature in the future.

2014.02.20 v0.1.9.0

• First-pass at creating a paper doll (or equip your character) pane

• Fixed the display of a number of card and list items in Windows 8

• Numerous small usability issues addressed

Silly question...I have one of you previous version...how does the patch update work?

Do I have to download the whole pkg again? or what?? I dunno...Thanks

That depends on what you mean by the whole package...

All you need to do is grab the newest JRRBuilderBeta.Date_Version.zip

Next, make a copy of your content folders just in case!

Extract the 4 zipped files into your directory and run the exe. It will automatically update any files that require an update.

Does that answer your question?

Yes that does help...also did you add anything for gaining xp and using it? As well as monies received? Right now I have negatives in xps from leveling and the money system is wonky to me as in some things you can buy and other you can just add w/o buying them.

Also I speak for everyone saying this is a cool thing and thank you for your hard work.

Yes that does help...also did you add anything for gaining xp and using it? As well as monies received? Right now I have negatives in xps from leveling and the money system is wonky to me as in some things you can buy and other you can just add w/o buying them.

Also I speak for everyone saying this is a cool thing and thank you for your hard work.

Yeah buying and selling needs some polish and there hasn't been any update there for a while. I'll see what I can do though since most of that framework is already in place.

For XP, there is an Earned XP box in the Character attributes pane. Just put any XP earned there. I could add some helpers to quick add 5, 10, or a custom value if people think they would use that.

And thanks for the praise, I really appreciate it.

I added a few features that were user requests. Enjoy!

2014.03.12 v0.1.9.5

• You can now increment a Character’s beginning Characteristics from the popups for each Characteristic in the Character Attributes pane

• Added a buy option to the gear selection grids in the Character Inventory pane

• Added Available XP to the Character Attributes pane

This update has a lot of changes. Please read the update notes below and backup your content before running the executable. Enjoy!

2014.03.19 v0.1.10.0

• The DescriptionText element has been removed from all content files and any text it contained has been appended to the end of the RulesText element

• A Condition dropdown has been added to Soak, Melee Defense, and Ranged Defense mechanical bonuses to support the Armor Master and Improved Armor Master talents

• You can now add a new Power Tree to a Character directly from the Character Power Tree pane

• The Character Talent Report pane can now search on Tags

• A large number of visual and layout tweaks on the content panes

I'm a Mac user, but this looks like it would have been awesome to use.  Good work JasonRR!

Thanks, I started this project as a way to do some experimenting at home and since I happen to work mostly in C# and WPF, it is, unfortunately, PC only. If you or your group finds an errant PC somewhere, I would love to hear what you think of it as you are using it.

New update.

2014.04.09 v0.1.11.0

• The Character Paper Doll has been reset to allow for improvements on gear that can be equipped. Gear with a Slot = “None” can now be equipped in the Miscellaneous Gear section of the paper doll.

• Added quick add buttons to earned Xp on the Character Attributes pane in 5, 10, and 15xp increments

• Available XP is now calculated on additional actions that should cause a recalculation

• A number of visual and load screen improvements