Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mythweaver

Miniatures Release Schedule.

8 posts in this topic

I am new to X-Wing and have fallen completely head over heals for it. I have a number of X-Wings and TIEs to choose from as well as A-Wings, B-Wings and TIE Interceptors. I am unable to locate any Y-Wings (My favorite ship.) or TIE Advanced. With the FFG Store showing all of these being Out of Stock I'm wondering if there is a release or re-release schedule anywhere and if so; where?

I've only played about a dozen matches ranging from 35 to 150 points so I'm not adept enough to contribute to the forums yet but give me a month or so and I'll start putting my two cents in the pot.

Thank You,

Mythweaver

Thanks for the reply. I really hope so...the idea of walking enemy ships of the board with ION Turrets is really exiting!

Mythweaver

you might want to look around at local hobby stores / barnes besides your local gaming shop. You might get lucky and find a few y-wings or an advanced. Do not pay more than normal market price!

anyways, welcome to the forums!

If you don't mind my asking, I would love to know what ships were used in the 35 point builds. I love limited battles like that, and even though 100 points is what the game was designed around, I still think it's neat to play a small battle between one or two ships.

I have found for 35 points that:

Horton Salm with R2-D2 and Ion Cannon Turret (34 points)

Work amazing. You might get int thanks to the 34 total, and a ship that tough with a 360 turret that can keep your opponent's ships going where you want them to is sweet. Also the fact that you can get a shield back on a green thanks to R2 is a bonus. I used this and went 5-0 in a 35 point tourney.

hmm yes r2-d2 is awesome in smaller games. reminds me of when i first bought the x-wing starter game and my first few skirmishes.. 

With the FFG Store showing all of these being Out of Stock I'm wondering if there is a release or re-release schedule anywhere and if so; where?

According to the Upcomming page here. X-Wings and Tie Fighters are on the boat. That means they should be in stores mid Nov. Tie Advanced and Y-Wings are still listed as at the printer, so they're at least 6-8 weeks out yet.