Sign in to follow this  
VeNick

Titles and income

Yo, i'd like to ask few basic questions.

1. Titles. How do each player gets one? (3 man game mod) I mean there are special cards for every figurine, so how players pick the figures? They shuffle cards and draw and get statue that card represents or just picking by random?

2. Incomes. There are many cards that provide income, so my question is: do i get the income value when i just put it in into play or i have to wait next round?

3. Hatchlings (QoD expansion) Can i play them from shadows like normal character? And if so fe. if i have Black hatchling on the field and i play Drogon i have to attach hatchling to the dragon?

edit: for quest 2 same question with influance,

Edited by VeNick

1. In a 3-player game, players still choose their titles, going clockwise around the table... starting with the player who was chosen as 'First Player'. The main difference with the 3-player game is that the same titles can't be picked two turns in a row. For example... lets say 3 titles are chosen from the middle circle on the first turn of the game. On the second turn, those 3 titles can not be picked. Players choose from the remaining 3 titles (the two on the outside and the remaining one in the middle), starting with the 'First Player' once again. On the 3rd turn, all 6 titles are fair game and that cycle starts over.

2A. INCOME - Cards that give you a +X bonus to gold do not give you that bonus the first turn they come into play. This is because gold has already been collected before you get to Marshall. On the flip side, cards that reduce the cost of certain cards, can be used right away, because all you have to do is kneel those (typically).

2B. INFLUENCE. Influence just needs to be kneeled, so you can use it on the same turn it came into play, as long as it isn't already kneeled.

3. I have a good idea, but I'm not 100% sure so I'll let someone else take that one.

Edited by JJGlyph

The shadow Hatchlings are regular characters that can be played even if you have no large dragons in your deck. So, you put them into Shadows first, then at the start of a phase, you can pull one out of shadows. If their counterpart large dragon is not in play, then the Hatchling becomes a character in its own right until (or if) the corresponding large dragon comes into play, then, at that point, they would dupe that character.

For instance, if you have a Black Hatchling in your hand and Drogon isn't in play, you would put the Black Hatchling into shadows. At the start of the next phase, you could choose to pull the Black Hatchling out of shadows and into play and it can then participate in challenges. If on a subsequent turn your marshal or ambush Drogon into play, during the passive steo of that action, the Black Hatchling would attach to Drogon.

If Drogon were already in play, you would still have to play the Black Hatchling into shadows first (the text on the Hatchling does not go into effect until it is in play). Then, you would pull the Black Hatchling out of shadows at the beginning of the next phase. Then, as before, the Black Hatchling would attach to Drogon during the passive step of the beginning of phase framework window.

No matter what, without a specific card effect allowing the Hatchling to come into play, the shadows hatchlings must all be placed in shadows first (unless they are explicitly duplicating themselves - for instance, a Black Hatchling could dupe an in-play Black Hatchling and bypass the Shadows step if you so desire).