Sign in to follow this  
Desslok

Age of Rebellion STINKS!

Funny you should mention this. My copy had an overwhelming chemical smell that gave me a severe headache. The odor is still there, but it's had a chance to air out, I guess, and doesn't bother me as much as it did originally.

That's... rather strange.

I own two copies- one from Miniature Market and one from another local gaming store. Neither has an odd smell or texture. I just compared the smell of my AoR beta books to my EotE beta books and they both smell very similar.

I don't believe my copy had any odd smell about it. Then again I don't make it a habit of smelling my new books.

But new book smell is like the best smell. I can't comprehend how people don't smell new books...

Yeah, I was gonna say, new RPG book smell is one of my favorite smells.

Both my EOTE and AoR beta books have the same weird smell.

I got the EOTE beta secondhand and just assumed the previous owner was a heavy smoker until I got the AoE book from MM with the same smell. Maybe the FFG staff are all heavy smokers? The stress of living up to our demands! :-)

I don't believe my copy had any odd smell about it. Then again I don't make it a habit of smelling my new books.

But new book smell is like the best smell. I can't comprehend how people don't smell new books...

Someone else who does what I do!  :D

In high school (some years ago, my daughter isn't far away from high school now herself... when did I get old ;_;.), my school was on a 4 year rotation of replacing the school texts (one year math, next year science, next year english, next year social studies, then back to math), and I developed my love for newly printed books from sleeping in class with my head resting on an open newly printed book.

Every year I looked forward to whichever book was the new one.

Textbooks/rulebooks always have the best smells.

Edited by Emperor Norton

Yeah! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who crawls into bed at night with a book, hugging and rocking it until I fall asleep in a happy daze. :)

Wait... I am the only one?

I feel lonely. :(

You most certainly did not fall asleep inside me... Um...  :unsure:

Yeah! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who crawls into bed at night with a book, hugging and rocking it until I fall asleep in a happy daze. :)

Wait... I am the only one?

I feel lonely. :(

You most certainly did not fall asleep inside me... Um...  :unsure:

No? Perhaps it was some other Happy Daze... perhaps a twin sister?

As someone who's entire life has been defined by books, I can attest I love the feel and the scent of them...

You can keep your 'kindles' and I-pads'.  I'll keep my books.

I agree completely...

except when the book has developed some sort of mold or something.  Blecht!