• Announcements

• FFG Fra

Upcoming Changes to the Fantasy Flight Games Forums   01/20/2017

Hello Fantasy Flight Games forum community!   This week, we will be making some important changes to your Fantasy Flight Games community account and the way that you log into the Fantasy Flight Games community forums and web store.   We have been working hard to integrate with the rest of the Asmodee group, and we are happy to announce a unified way to access all the websites and apps made by Fantasy Flight Games, Days of Wonder, and Asmodee!   For most users, nothing will change: you will still log into the Fantasy Flight Games forums using your current login name and password. Only the login user interface will be new.   For a few users, your credentials might be slightly changed. For example, this could happen to users who have both a Fantasy Flight Games and Days of Wonder account, or in the case of conflicting login names across platforms. When these situations occur, special e-mails will be sent to those users with an easy explanation about those changes and what steps to take next. For any of you receiving those e-mails, please make sure to follow the instructions carefully.   [i]Remember, official communications from Fantasy Flight Games or Asmodee.Net will [b][i]never[/i][/b] ask for your password.[/i]   What are the benefits for you as a player? Using a unified account to access all of our web services and apps makes your life simpler. Over time, you will see new features emerging, such as keeping all of your friends under a single account, finding friends easily in apps with online play, or developing your personal profile by adding to your board games collection. These are just some of the features that you will see during the next year, once this important technical step is complete.   [i]Important note: The migration of the forums to our new system will take place on Tuesday, January 24th. The forums will be offline for about two hours during that time. Once the migration is complete, older forum posts may look strange for up to 24 hours as we rebuild them in our new system. [/i]   We can’t wait to connect our board game communities and build bridges between universes, game systems, players, events, groups, game clubs, and more! This is only the first step in bringing people and games closer together. For more information, read our FAQ at [url="https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/asmodee-net/"]https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/asmodee-net/[/url].   Best regards,   The Fantasy Flight Games Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedearth2

The Dearth presents: NPC, Vehicles and Starships Custom Card Template

79 posts in this topic

Hi!

While waiting to continue with the Menagerie, I looked around for another project. Some days ago mfluder posted Custom NPC Cards (http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/91545-custom-npc-game-cards-for-players/). I really liked the idea, so I decided to design some of my own.

EotE: NPCs, Vehicles, Planets, Weapons, Armors, Gear and Starships.

template_box_promo2x6ucj.png

previewijkoa.png

The pictures used are from Wookipeedia (Tie) or from the Under a Black Sun PDF. Teemo stats are place holder.

TWO LAYOUTS
I created the cards in two versions: One with the original EotE Fonts and one with Windows Standard Fonts everyone should have on his computer.

Updated, version 2 is available for download!

Link to the PSD-File which uses the EotE Fonts (you need to have them on your computer so that you can use them)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xpnzhcixbv95vfd/EotE_Custom_Cards_Original_Fonts_v2.zip

Link to the PSD File which uses the Windows Standard Fonts (I tried to fit the look as closely as possible)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3tzgqtas0vrafbc/EotE_Custom_Cards_Standard_Fonts_v2.zip

The files were made with Photoshop CS 6, but should work with most of Photoshop versions. All orange layers include information which needs to be changed for your own cards. To get the blurry edge of the picture insert the picture into the PSD, rescale it so that your picture is slighty larger than the blurry template. Then hold CTRL and click into the mask of the original picture layer (the black/white one next to the thumbnail) and click on "Mask" which is located at the very bottom of the layer tab.

I see my work as Work in Progress, so Feedback is, as always, appreciated.
I also plan to collect NPCs, Vehicles and Starships and put them all together in one big PDF but that needs some more time.

The Dearth

Edited by thedearth2

I'd like to see some item cards. Would be very useful to be able to hand them out at character creation, plus make custom items more readily available to a group.

Doesn't look like the cards note whether the NPC is a minion, rival or nemesis.

mfluder likes this

Fantastic yet again Dearth.  Excellent Job!

Damn, now I need to figure out how to use GIMP to edit them....

Edited by Shadai

Man I love these templates, I printed a couple out and stuck em in card sleeves and they look awesome!!!!! I second the notion to get some weapon and item cards. 

I'd like to see some item cards. Would be very useful to be able to hand them out at character creation, plus make custom items more readily available to a group.

Doesn't look like the cards note whether the NPC is a minion, rival or nemesis.

I'll give it a try with the items. I tag whether it is a minion, rival or nemesis by putting a letter behind the name, though I am not really happy with that. I have some ideas, but I need to test them first. Any suggestions?

Link to the PSD-File which uses the EotE Fonts (you need to have them on your computer so that you can use them)

Just out of curiosity, what is the font used for EotE?

Just out of curiosity, what is the font used for EotE?

The cards I made do not have all the EotE Fonts in them, but the ones included are:

Heading: Elektra Pro Bold

Numbers: Teuton Mager Bold

Categories: Teuton Mager Regular and Italic (though not necessary because I put them in as image)

Text: ITC Symbol Book and Bold

First draft for item cards, started with weapons:

eote_weaponcustomcard2hab2.png

(sorry for the typo in the description, too lazy to correct, save and upload it again...)

Doc, the Weasel likes this

This is a small design consideration, but I kind of feel like the top and bottom margins should be a bit wider. They currently feel a little cramped and potentially prone to being unintentionally cropped if one were cutting out many cards at once.

That said, I like these! Almost makes me wish I were running an offline game so that I had an excuse to use them.

The cards I made do not have all the EotE Fonts in them, but the ones included are:

Heading: Elektra Pro Bold

Numbers: Teuton Mager Bold

Categories: Teuton Mager Regular and Italic (though not necessary because I put them in as image)

Text: ITC Symbol Book and Bold

Could we get a list of the font sizes as well.  Gimp only can use the reasterized version of the existing text, so I'll need to recreate the text layers.  Trial an error would work, but I'm sure it's an easy look for you.  Thanks.

Could we get a list of the font sizes as well.  Gimp only can use the reasterized version of the existing text, so I'll need to recreate the text layers.  Trial an error would work, but I'm sure it's an easy look for you.  Thanks.

Here you go:

Heading: Elektra Pro Bold 14,15 pt

Numbers: Teuton Mager Bold 10,66 pt / 7,79 pt

Text: ITC Symbol Book and Bold 5,2 pt

and the current state of the cards:

previewpduge.png

and the current state of the cards:

previewpduge.png

Is it your goal to share all the cards you made, for the less creative players (like me)? Or not... Otherwise I will need to get some help from a friend from a friend, if you know what I mean...

My plan is to share as much as possible. But again we have the issue of the art which will be used AND that it is content directly from the rulebook, though users like the one with the character generator also use content from the book... And somebody who does not own the rulebook won't be able to do a lot with the cards anyway...

So: We'll see. And if there is no way to put them online, I heard that there are rumors about some sort of private messaging...

Currently I am making the templates and start to take the content over to the cards. But it's only to keep me busy. As soon as I get the material to continue with the Menagerie, this project will be put on hold. Edited by thedearth2
NicoDavout likes this

Dearth it would be grand if you got with the guys that make Strange Eons to add a mod to their program. It looks like you already have all of the resources in place. Strange Eons is a custom card making program which makes things quick and easy for those who don't have any graphic skills. A mod was made for FFG's Warhammer game that EotE is based upon. Dearth + Strange Eons = We all can make custom cards.

Strange Eons