Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bogi_khaosa

Farming implements of CHAOS!

12 posts in this topic

As written, the scythe is a beast. It's even got Felling and a higher Pen than a chainsword! In most circumstances, it's better than a great weapon.

Was there some kind of mistake here? I'm thinking of outlawing this thing  to avoid my players all turning in to Chaos Farmers.

Well if your using normal Scythe, one opponent with Power Weapon could destroy it.

Also Power/Force Scythe doesn't have Felling.

Unbalanded give -10 to Parry.

2-Handed weapon

All in all, I would allow my players to take it if they wanted.

I'm sort of sad that I'm no longer playing a Heretic so I could make the combine harvester of chaos... though with some more infamy, about 50 power swords and a big tractor, I could get it made.

IMO, the weapon is fine as long as you consider it to be already mono'ed - after all, it's not Primitive and it has Penetration. Compared to a Mono Great Weapon, it's not quite as random, but otherwise has almost the same stats (2d10+pen2 = 13 (2 points situational); 1d10+4+pen3+felling1 = 14 (3 situational, 1 highly situational)).

Hmmm maybe best to consider it a mono-scythe. Except that it's Common, while a mono Great Weapon is Rare!

While we're at it, I think there is a goof on the weapons table -- axes are Unwieldy, whereas chain axes are not even Unbalanced.

Looks like it's going to be a bumper skull harvest this year, the conditions are just right for it!

With sligh possibility of light Blood Rain.

Well, let's be fair, the scythe (power, force or otherwise) is well established as a part of Nurgle aesthetic. It needs to be in there. I think the rarity could do with a tweak, though.

Also, the text box mentions a Legion Power Scythe but I don't see stats for one anywhere.

They Errated it. It's one and the same.

Power Scythe (page 165):
Both Humans and Chaos Space
Marines can use this weapon. Remove “Human and Legion”
from the weapon’s title and the sentence
“The Legion variant is a Legion weapon
and follows all the rules for the use of Legion weapons”
from its description.