Sign in to follow this  
Alistaja

Battlelore Good, bad and FFG

Well their recent job posting sounded like they were looking for just such a person to take the time to. . . *ahem* . . . market to the forum masses:  " Manage extensive content for the company website, and other avenues as needed" Perhaps it is not a wanton disregard of sensitive gamer feelings, its just a staffing issue :)

A few interviews, a relocation to MN and 25k a year, it could be yours! "

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/News/employment/marketing-content-coordinator(1).pdf

Z

Zeal said:

Well their recent job posting sounded like they were looking for just such a person to take the time to. . . *ahem* . . . market to the forum masses:  " Manage extensive content for the company website, and other avenues as needed" Perhaps it is not a wanton disregard of sensitive gamer feelings, its just a staffing issue :)

A few interviews, a relocation to MN and 25k a year, it could be yours! "

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/News/employment/marketing-content-coordinator(1).pdf

Z

And u aren't jumping on the opportunity Zeal?  Look at how u can direct the Battlelore line!! LOL   (And I suspect there will be some nuking of some goblins along the way! <G>)

Cab

Caboose said:

And u aren't jumping on the opportunity Zeal?  Look at how u can direct the Battlelore line!! LOL   (And I suspect there will be some nuking of some goblins along the way! <G>)

Cab

Well Cab, online marketing is exactly what I do, but I'm a bit farther along the path than this position requires, or can pay for. Besides, every one knows that Dwarves are far better suited to marketing than Goblins. Goblins are more suited for direct sales. . . demonio.gif

Z

Zeal said:

Caboose said:

Cab

Well Cab, online marketing is exactly what I do, but I'm a bit farther along the path than this position requires, or can pay for. Besides, every one knows that Dwarves are far better suited to marketing than Goblins. Goblins are more suited for direct sales. . . demonio.gif

Z

Not if those Goblins had few Rushes on their side! :)  

I hope its alright me posting this here, but I thought it would be of some interest to everyone else that has been with Battlelore from the start.

I emailed FFG in regards to the lack of info regarding upcoming releases and this is the response that I received.

Ben:

Heroes is indeed the next of several planned BL products that are being worked on here at FFG. We will not announce a release date for it until it is at the printer as to avoid as many delays from the announced date as possible.

Stay tuned to the FFG website, though -- big BL news is coming soon!

Jeremy Stomberg
FFG

So I'd like to extend a big thank you to Jeremy @ FFG for the fast response to my email and look forward to what this big BL news may be! :)

Cheers,
Ben.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

I can be patient. I haven't played a game of BL in about 6 months at this point. We've moved, been remodeling an old farmhouse and all the games have been packed away. I just recently found the box with BL in it and am hoping to get a game in....very soon!

But having the game packed away has certainly taken the bite out of this transitional period between DoW and FFG. Haven't noticed the wait as much as I would if I had been actively playing.

Now bring on the big news!! ;-)

Boromir_and_kermit said:

I hope its alright me posting this here, but I thought it would be of some interest to everyone else that has been with Battlelore from the start.

I emailed FFG in regards to the lack of info regarding upcoming releases and this is the response that I received.

Ben:

Heroes is indeed the next of several planned BL products that are being worked on here at FFG. We will not announce a release date for it until it is at the printer as to avoid as many delays from the announced date as possible.

Stay tuned to the FFG website, though -- big BL news is coming soon!

Jeremy Stomberg
FFG

So I'd like to extend a big thank you to Jeremy @ FFG for the fast response to my email and look forward to what this big BL news may be! :)

Cheers,
Ben.

That is good news! I am new to the game, having only purchased it about two weeks ago but my kids and I play it every day. I was a bit concerned about all the lack of info out of FFG so this email is very welcome. I look forward to whatever the big news may be and hope it comes soon!

I agree,

there is almost no news at all in that mail.

The only thing we did not know for sure before is that Heroes is not yet at the printers.

Which means that there is at least (and that is if the game is left to printers today) another 3 - 5 months before we will see it in stores. :(

I guess from my standpoint it is good news because I was really beginning to wonder if FFG was going to do anything with this game. They have been so quiet about it but, with the current economic situation, I was really beginning to wonder if they had decided that it was a bad move and they would be better off just not doing anything with the game. I know it does not make good business sense to buy the rights to a game and then sit on it but that is what they have done (from our perspective) for the past six months. It also is becoming more difficult to find the current expansions in stock so they obviously have not been producing anything.

This email tells me that they are still working on the game and have something lined up for the future. I can live with that since I am still new to the game and have plenty of scenarios to keep me busy for the next few months.

Still, a simple note or post from FFG giving us an update every month would be nice. Even if the note just said, "We are making progress and should be able to announce something soon." Silence is bad PR.

diaper said:

The only thing we did not know for sure before is that Heroes is not yet at the printers.

Which means that there is at least (and that is if the game is left to printers today) another 3 - 5 months before we will see it in stores. :(

No, you're kidding^^ - just look here:

BattleLore Design Update
by Jason Steinhurst
Battlelore | Published 19 November 2008

I know you've been waiting for this expansion for quite a while now, but believe me when I say it will be worth it. Spring 2009 will be a great time to be a BattleLore fan.

Only 2 more month in maximum, it's already spring 2009. partido_risa.gif

YES, WE CAN!!!   wait, but I think, something has to happen SOON, not just bla bla for months and months and months demonio.gif

I know you've been waiting for this expansion for quite a while now, but believe me when I say it will be worth it. Spring 2009 will be a great time to be a BattleLore fan.

Well, I do not feel much better since last November or end of march, do you? babeo.gif
Just 2 month to go!!! There is still hope, isn't it? gui%C3%B1o.gif