Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
player1809340

Inner Beast/Third Eye

4 posts in this topic

Now, I see nothing in the cards stating you can't have both at the same time, though I might be wrong. Here's the thing--doing the math, if one had both active, you stand to gain quite a lot for losing a little. Just to make sure I'm seeing this right, if you have both Third Eye and Inner Beast active at the same time you get:

One Extra movement point.

+2 to Horror Checks

+2 to Combat Checks

Immunity to Curses

-1 to Stamina

-1 to Sanity

They seem like these cards are supposed to be opposing forces but, like I said, I see nothing saying both can't be active at once. So, is this a viable thing? I mean, would you, a player, be willing to use both, despite the cost to Sanity and Stamina for all that you gain?

Dr. Faust,

You're correct, they are quite powerful, but remember that it's about timing in this game.  So, if you were to cast Summon the Beast which confers a -2 Maximum Sanity that will take place, before you cast Open the Third Eye spell.  You're absolutely right that the net effect for these two spells is -1 Sanity and -1 Stamina though I doubt too many Investigators would have the opportunity to possess both of these spells...but if so, it's a great combination indeed.

Cheers,

Joe

Well, with my bad shuffling, it seems that these are the only spells I get when I play! XD Not joking either--I inevitably get at least one of these in the starting possessions and then seem to get multiples no matter how much I shuffle...>.> I think the game is speaking to me--or screwing with me.