Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tk426

Madison, Wi

220 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm a new player in the Madison, WI area. I live downtown, are there any regular games up and running? I know I'm Board in Middleton is moving, and have mentioned maybe running a regular game once the dust has settled. Any other regular games out there?

First off welcome to the group. I try to organize as many events as I can. I'll be posting events shortly after this. As far as regular events go so far I've been running a once a month event at Misty Mountain Games on cottage grove road. And I just got events running at I'm Board in July but we missed August because of the move. There is a "Madison X-Wing" group on Facebook. When looking for pick-up games people usually post and then wait to see who can play.

September 14th Sunday

MISTY MOUNTAIN GAMES

1 pm start

100 pt squads

$5 entry fee

Part of prize pool------Alternate Image Luke Skywalker from regional championship---- minimum 4 players needed

Sorry but if you were lucky enough to make it to GenCon Wave 5 and Rebel Aces are NOT legal unless FFG releases by the 14th

September 27th Saturday

I'M BOARED FAMILY FUN AND GAMES

4pm start

100 pt squads

$5 entry fee

Sorry but if you were lucky enough to make it to GenCon Wave 5 and Rebel Aces are NOT legal unless FFG releases by then.

9-16-2014 Rebel Aces should be in stores by the time of this event. If so it is legal to play

Edited by tk426

Is 4 PM the correct start time for the Sept 27 X-wing tourney or is it supposed to be 1PM?

How did the Misty tournament go yesterday?

4pm is the correct time.

Including myself we had 2 people. Not sure if it's burnout or just the nice weather or the Packers. But on the plus side I still have alternate image Luke Skywalker to give out at a future event.

Is 4 PM the correct start time for the Sept 27 X-wing tourney or is it supposed to be 1PM?

How did the Misty tournament go yesterday?

4pm is the correct time.

Including myself we had 2 people. Not sure if it's burnout or just the nice weather or the Packers. But on the plus side I still have alternate image Luke Skywalker to give out at a future event.

For me it was the Packers, and Sundays don't quite work for me anymore now that classes started again (I like leaving my homework till the last minute.)

Don't drag the Packers into this, last Sunday's game was at 3:30, time to get home in time to watch the 4th quarter at the minimum.  I've asked Dan to try and schedule the tournament when the Packers aren't playing Sunday at 12:00

Don't drag the Packers into this, last Sunday's game was at 3:30, time to get home in time to watch the 4th quarter at the minimum.

Yeah, 3:30pm was a crappy time to start. A couple of us were at Lambeau with no chance to make it to X-Wing on time.

You could have found a game up there I'm sure Chargers. Gnome Games is like two blocks away isn't it.

I've looked at the upcoming Packers schedule and I've chosen times and dates that conflict the least amount with X-Wing at Misty Mountain. Since our games start at 1pm these were the best dates and times. Like Krohnt mentioned plenty of time to get home and see the second half.

Week 8 Sun, Oct 26 @ New Orleans 8:30 PM

Week 13 Sun, Nov 30 vs New England 4:25 PM

Week 15 Sun, Dec 14 @ Buffalo 1:00 PM

Edited by tk426

Maybe the December tournament could be help a different day of the week?  Perhaps a Saturday the Badgers don't play?  I don't watch the Badgers myself but perhaps others do. 

You people have no excuses for October and November.

Here is the event description for October 26th at Misty Mountain

It will be our first escalation tournament.

Start time is 1pm

$5 entry fee

Top prize is alternate image Luke Skywalker from regional event. Minimum 4 players needed

Players will have 3 squad lists upon registering:

A 60 point list

A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list

A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list

Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:

Round 1, 45 minutes

Round 2, 60 minutes

Round 3, 75 minutes

Friendly reminder

September 27th Saturday

I'M BOARED FAMILY FUN AND GAMES

4pm start

100 pt squads

$5 entry fee

Sorry but if you were lucky enough to make it to GenCon Wave 5 and Rebel Aces are NOT legal unless FFG releases by then.

9-16-2014 Rebel Aces should be in stores by the time of this event. If so it is legal to play

Edited by tk426, 16 September 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Then on October 26th at Misty Mountain

Here is the event description for October 26th at Misty Mountain

It will be our first escalation tournament.

Start time is 1pm

$5 entry fee

Top prize is alternate image Luke Skywalker from regional event. Minimum 4 players needed

Players will have 3 squad lists upon registering:

A 60 point list

A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list

A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list

Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:

Round 1, 45 minutes

Round 2, 60 minutes

Round 3, 75 minutes

Escalation Squad Building in the tournament rules indicate "each squad must contain all ships and upgrade cards from the previous squad."

Also, "you may not have more than 8 small ships of the same ship type in any squad. You may not have more than four large ships of the same ship type in any squad."

2 events this month in and around the madison area

First up. It's a bit of a short notice so I apologize.

I'm Board in Middleton

November 15

1pm

$5 entry

100 pts squads

New winter prize kit in hand

-----------------------------------

Then at Misty Mountain

November 30

1 pm

$5 entry

New winter prize kit in hand

No named pilots

No unique upgrades

No faction restrictions

No more than one of any ship type

Good Luck to those who can make it tomorrow, if possible can some of the crazier combinations be posted somewhere I always enjoy seeing how far outside the box people go 

I played:

Blue Squadron Pilot

Lambda Shuttle (Omni Cron pilot 21 pts)

A-Wing prototype with Stealth device and chadron refit

Scimitar squad pilot with seismic charge, protom torpedoes and assault missiles

Academy Pilot

100 points.  Beat Dan on my last action, my B wing was in range 1 of his Decimator and needed 4 hits and I got 4 hits to take him out.  Won something like 68-60.  Game 2 was against a new guy, Brian I think?  Was a very good game, he beat me on points and I think he might have won the tournament.  Third game was very long game against Del, I ended up winning but was a pretty good game.

I played:

Blue Squadron Pilot

Lambda Shuttle (Omni Cron pilot 21 pts)

A-Wing prototype with Stealth device and chadron refit

Scimitar squad pilot with seismic charge, protom torpedoes and assault missiles

Academy Pilot

100 points.  Beat Dan on my last action, my B wing was in range 1 of his Decimator and needed 4 hits and I got 4 hits to take him out.  Won something like 68-60.  Game 2 was against a new guy, Brian I think?  Was a very good game, he beat me on points and I think he might have won the tournament.  Third game was very long game against Del, I ended up winning but was a pretty good game.

Royal Guard Tie Interceptor w/swarm tactics

Patrol Leader w/tactician

Shadow Squadron Phantom w/recon, ACD.

New players name was Brad. He ended up finishing 2nd. My game against tim was tight. I felt like I had him most of the game but on his last shot he needed to cause 4 damage. He succeeded.

I would love to continue my 15 month streak of putting together a event for the month of December. But it looks like I'll have to break that streak this month. I won't be able to get a event organized at Misty Mountain for December. I'll be ready for January 2015 for sure though.

Feel free to post in this thread if your looking for a pick up game in the area or find our FB page titled Madison X-Wing