Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tk426

Madison, Wi

218 posts in this topic

There will be a pick-up game of X-Wing this Saturday February 1st at Misty Mountain at noon. Any one is welcome to come join. No entry fee just playing for fun.

Planet Chaos in Fort Atkinson will be hosting a Store Championship on Saturday, March 15 at noon. This will be a first and we're pretty excited. If any of the other shops in the area are hosting one, please post so that we can spread the word. 

Edited by Planet Chaos

Do these Store Championships have an entry fee or it does it vary by store?

Each store determines how they want to do theirs.  Most will have an entry fee to recoup the cost of the kit.

Planet Chaos in Fort Atkinson will be hosting a Store Championship on Saturday, March 15 at noon. This will be a first and we're pretty excited. If any of the other shops in the area are hosting one, please post so that we can spread the word. 

Under the Store Championship page 1 it indicates the tournament being on 3/22/14 has this changed?

Under the Store Championship page 1 it indicates the tournament being on 3/22/14 has this changed?

Yes, they changed it so that it didn't conflict with the event at Kryptonite on the 22nd.  Players can now attend both.  :>)

Thanks to all the players who came out and attended our game day at Misty Mountain. Congratulations go to Tom for winning the event with a Tie swarm. For his efforts he walked away with a sealed core set. And a random player, Tim, was given a Misty Mountain gift card. A special round of applause goes to Rachel, a new up an coming Rebel pilot, who defeated her dad in game two with some good hits on Boba Fett. I'll be posting our next event soon. But the day is set March 16th 1p.m. start time. Again show up early if you need to set up your squad. We roll them bones at 1 pm

Our next X-Wing outing will be on March 16th. I think the Imperial Aces 2 pack should be out by then so expect to see some new Interceptors flying around. Let's plan on playing another

100 pt squad to help get those ready who are going to store championships.

100 points

1pm start

Show up as early as 12pm and get your squads ready for combat so we can roll them bones at 1pm sharp.

$5 entry fee. Prizes or store credit will be issued.

So our next mission will be on 4-13-2014.

The Mission: Imperial Jailbreak

With high ranking Rebel officers imprisoned on the Spice Mines of Kessel it's was up to a small rag tag group of unknown rookie pilots to go and rescue them. What they ended up with was more than they bargained for. Not by choice they ended up rescueing a small group of the Empire's finest pilot's.

100pt. squads --------NO FACTION RESTRICTIONS---------

Your squad may consists of both Rebel and Empire ships

You may only have 1 ship that is not a unique pilot

Your squad can't have any duplicate ships

Start time 1pm

Misty Mountain

I suggest getting there a bit early to set up your squad.

$5 entry fee.

Edited by tk426

First time posting here, I wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow I hope can make the next one.

Edited by Gundog8324

I want to thank all the players who came out to play today. Our long distance haul came from Eau Claire who drove down to Madison. We had a great turnout with 12 players. Congratulations go to Owen for going 3-0 with 15 victory points and 299 kill points. He walked away with a $30 Misty Mountain gift card for his efforts. 2nd place and fellowship each received a $15 Misty Mountain gift card.

A special shout out to Rachel who was doing great until I jinxed her and her game fell apart. She was 2-0 at that point beating some good players. My bad.

This is a special day for us Star Wars fans. 37 years on this day Episode 4 premiered. But it was not known as episode 4 or even A New Hope. It was simply STAR WARS.

Our next event will be on May 25th.

1:00 pm start

Misty Mountain Games

100 pt squads

$5 entry fee -at least one core set to be given out as a prize-

As always I suggest getting there a bit early to set up your squads.

Dan/tk426 did the legwork to get this info:

Pegasus on Friday 5-30-2014 Time ?

I'm Bored on Saturday 5-31-2014 1pm

Misty Mountain on Sunday 6-1-2014 1pm

I'm still not sure what any of the stores will be charging for a entry fee, if any. As I find out any information I will post it here.

Do the tournaments draw a big enough crowd that we need to sign up in advance? I know The Last Square had this problem with 40k for a while

I'll chime in, at leaste for Misty Mountain, tournaments are once a month there and numbers have slowly increased this year.  Last couple had around 12 players.  Shouldn't be a problem, plenty of space there.  Not sure about I'm Bored and Pegasus has a good size gaming room.

I'll chime in, at leaste for Misty Mountain, tournaments are once a month there and numbers have slowly increased this year.  Last couple had around 12 players.  Shouldn't be a problem, plenty of space there.  Not sure about I'm Bored and Pegasus has a good size gaming room.

Well the funny thing about pegasus is it appears they have magic at 6 and the tourney at 530 so it may become a bit more crowded, of course I don't play magic so I don't know how crowded that will be

Well the funny thing about pegasus is it appears they have magic at 6 and the tourney at 530 so it may become a bit more crowded, of course I don't play magic so I don't know how crowded that will be

Ive already talked to Pegasus and they assured me there should be enough room. Ive been over there on Friday's and its not that crowded. Now if for some reason there are large turnouts for both FNM and X-Wing then that's something I'll have to deal with that night. But from the sound of things we should have enough space to accommodate both game groups.