Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vertically Challenged

Highlander Deck (Needs Work And A Purpose)

Recommended Posts

Hey so here is my deck at the moment for Highlander .... its what I have so far and I dont consider it done at all ... I need some help on it ...
I will say that I dont want any comments on the deck type :P I am making an aggro and I dont care if you think WR is better Im still making an aggro soooooo with that said ...


Player Card: Riku Level 3

Friends
Level 0: Huey
 ..............Dewey
..............Louie
..............The Mayor
..............The King
..............Sebastian
..............Owl
..............Tidus
.                              /8

Level 1: Jack Skellington
................Donald Duck
................Cid
................Tigger
................Moogle
................Pinocchio
.                              /6

Level 2: Jack Skellington
...............The Cheshire Cat
...............Simba
...............Aerith
...............King Triton
.                                /5

Level 3:
Jack Skellington
................Simba
................Beast
................Hercules
.                                /4

Level 4: Sephiroth
...............Donald Duck
.                               /2

Magic cards
Stopra
Aeroga
Gravity
.                              /3

Attack Cards
Ultima Weapon
Soul Eater
.                              /2

World Cards
Disney Castle
Monstro
Destiny Island
.                               /3

Dark Cards
Barrel Spider
Behemoth
Search Ghost
Gargoyle
Parasite Cage
Wyvern
Maleficent
Captain Hook
Oogie Boogie
Dragon Maleficent
.                               /10

Total: 44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was working with this type of idea but it jumbled my brain to much lol but i had Winnie pooh lvl 1 and phil (because you could get rid of your phil when you have magic) and make my opponent rely on only there friends to beat the dark cards placed on their world and then use cards like monstro simba and garv's to mess with his friends but i gave up on it so i hope i helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would add in the olympa keyblade to take care of there Sephiroth and  drop Pinocchio because with just one card in the deck what are the odds you guess some thing and olw instead even with runing bambi and simba its still a great card  and if you cant play them pitch them for cid
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ultamagoofy419 said:

i would add in the olympa keyblade to take care of there Sephiroth and  drop Pinocchio because with just one card in the deck what are the odds you guess some thing and olw instead even with runing bambi and simba its still a great card  and if you cant play them pitch them for cid
 

Olympia does not negate Sephiroth. Pinocchio still allows you to see their hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey!!! thast excactly my point on it!!! plus ive had a few geat guessed and got rid of the disney castle when they were at 9 points...if you know whe you are playing well and your smart you can guess the card still ... but not as often as in a regular deck....but i can see the hand and possably discard somethiung that would hurt me in a situation as well as i needed a lvl 1 sooo :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roxas said:

ultamagoofy419 said:

 

i would add in the olympa keyblade to take care of there Sephiroth and  drop Pinocchio because with just one card in the deck what are the odds you guess some thing and olw instead even with runing bambi and simba its still a great card  and if you cant play them pitch them for cid
 

 

 

Olympia does not negate Sephiroth. Pinocchio still allows you to see their hand.

  why wouldnt olympia get rid of sephiroth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ultamagoofy419 said:

Roxas said:

 

ultamagoofy419 said:

 

i would add in the olympa keyblade to take care of there Sephiroth and  drop Pinocchio because with just one card in the deck what are the odds you guess some thing and olw instead even with runing bambi and simba its still a great card  and if you cant play them pitch them for cid
 

 

 

Olympia does not negate Sephiroth. Pinocchio still allows you to see their hand.

 

  why wouldnt olympia get rid of sephiroth

 

Because Sephiroth isn't played, it's just moved up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roxas said:

ultamagoofy419 said:

 

Roxas said:

 

ultamagoofy419 said:

 

i would add in the olympa keyblade to take care of there Sephiroth and  drop Pinocchio because with just one card in the deck what are the odds you guess some thing and olw instead even with runing bambi and simba its still a great card  and if you cant play them pitch them for cid
 

 

 

Olympia does not negate Sephiroth. Pinocchio still allows you to see their hand.

 

  why wouldnt olympia get rid of sephiroth

 

 

 

Because Sephiroth isn't played, it's just moved up.

It's still considered played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

demonofturks said:

 

Roxas said:

 

ultamagoofy419 said:

 

Roxas said:

 

ultamagoofy419 said:

 

i would add in the olympa keyblade to take care of there Sephiroth and  drop Pinocchio because with just one card in the deck what are the odds you guess some thing and olw instead even with runing bambi and simba its still a great card  and if you cant play them pitch them for cid
 

 

 

Olympia does not negate Sephiroth. Pinocchio still allows you to see their hand.

 

  why wouldnt olympia get rid of sephiroth

 

 

 

Because Sephiroth isn't played, it's just moved up.

 

 

It's still considered played

 

 

Not in the sense needed to have it work. When they say played, they mean like to come into play, which friends are already in play at the time, Jaffar ruled on it a long time ago on the old forums, to my knowledge and there is a thread on this question in Rules Discussion..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so this doesn't get question'd again, I took a chunk from the Official Rulin Section:

 

----------| ATTACK CARD QUESTIONS

Q: I want to play an Attack Card that has an effect that allows me to play two at the same time for an increased effect. At first, I only play one. If I play another of the same card later on in a Battle or Challenge, will I get the bonus effect?
A: No. If you want to apply the bonus effect for Attack Cards, you must play all of the stated Attack Cards at once.

Q: Does Olympia get rid of a friend card?
A: No, because that friend was already "in play" before the challenge phase and friends are not played in a challenge, they are just moved up.

Q: What happens when I play "Metal Chocobo?" How does its effect work?
A: When you play "Metal Chocobo," you can choose to return it to your hand at the end of the phase in which you played it. In this case, it will not have been considered to be discarded.

Q: My opponent plays multiple Attack Cards (because of the effect of the Attack Card, i.e. "Pumpkinhead"), and then I play "Olympia," does only one of my opponent's cards or all of them get discarded?
A: All of them will be discarded.

 

Hope the second question clears it up for ya, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Choitz said:

Just so this doesn't get question'd again, I took a chunk from the Official Rulin Section:

 

----------| ATTACK CARD QUESTIONS

Q: I want to play an Attack Card that has an effect that allows me to play two at the same time for an increased effect. At first, I only play one. If I play another of the same card later on in a Battle or Challenge, will I get the bonus effect?
A: No. If you want to apply the bonus effect for Attack Cards, you must play all of the stated Attack Cards at once.

Q: Does Olympia get rid of a friend card?
A: No, because that friend was already "in play" before the challenge phase and friends are not played in a challenge, they are just moved up.

Q: What happens when I play "Metal Chocobo?" How does its effect work?
A: When you play "Metal Chocobo," you can choose to return it to your hand at the end of the phase in which you played it. In this case, it will not have been considered to be discarded.

Q: My opponent plays multiple Attack Cards (because of the effect of the Attack Card, i.e. "Pumpkinhead"), and then I play "Olympia," does only one of my opponent's cards or all of them get discarded?
A: All of them will be discarded.

 

Hope the second question clears it up for ya, mate.

Also, to clarify...those rulings were not posted there unless they were officially answered by Jaffer and Robb (Robb is lead designer for KH btw)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i asked jaffar and this is what he said 

Re: Fantasy Flight Games [Rules Questions] - Kingdom Hearts Trading Card GameTuesday, April 7, 2009 12:29 PM
From: "Jaffer Batica" <jbatica@fantasyflightgames.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: mfn_222@yahoo.comHello Brian,

 


Sephiroth can be discarded by Olympia in a challenge. Sephiroth's ability only protects him from being discarded at the end of a challenge as part of the normal discard.


Thank you,


Jaffer Batica
Marketing Manager
jbatica@fantasyflightgames.com
 

so unless it has changed i dont know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um... wow...

 

That... doesn't seem right.  I didn't think that Friend cards could be "played" during a challenge.  I thought it was just attack cards, magic cards and by extention magic/friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sluppie said:

Um... wow...

 

That... doesn't seem right.  I didn't think that Friend cards could be "played" during a challenge.  I thought it was just attack cards, magic cards and by extention magic/friends.

I'm with you sir....I'm completely confused by this new state of events.

My honest opinion here though...is that Jaffer just doesn't know the cards or the rulings well enough...maybe didn't properly understand the question...there's a number of things at work here.  I know it took us a lot of asking and questioning to get the original Olympia ruling and that one came from Robb Kouba, the head designer and the main person to ask about rulings.  So, I'm still gonna stick with the original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WayToTheDawn said:

Sluppie said:

 

Um... wow...

 

That... doesn't seem right.  I didn't think that Friend cards could be "played" during a challenge.  I thought it was just attack cards, magic cards and by extention magic/friends.

 

 

I'm with you sir....I'm completely confused by this new state of events.

My honest opinion here though...is that Jaffer just doesn't know the cards or the rulings well enough...maybe didn't properly understand the question...there's a number of things at work here.  I know it took us a lot of asking and questioning to get the original Olympia ruling and that one came from Robb Kouba, the head designer and the main person to ask about rulings.  So, I'm still gonna stick with the original.

I'm with you guys....I'm confused and deeply disturbed by this.

Chotiz, dude I love you for posting an entire chunk on attack cards man.

Btw has anyone else had problem getting ahold of Jaffer recently?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tryed to email him but nothing..

sorry to be a pain in the ass guy but i wish they would just make up there minds on what the cards do and how they are ruled i asked him twice so i know he under stood what i was asking so i dont know. 

got to love card games and there makers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WayToTheDawn said:

He's probably been out because of GenCon...

On Sunday he wasn't looking to well, so I Wouldn't be surprised if he caught the Con Sickness and took this past week off as well..

It's been like that for the past month so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...