Sign in to follow this  
AussieJedi

New Jedi Luke Skywalker

So... I am a little confused as to why FFG would have released the new Skywalker as a Jedi, when we have seen the alternate affiliations for cards like Vader (Navy and Sith) and now Solo (Rebel and Smugglers).

Does anyone think it was a mistake,, or is it simply a way to keep a Jedi deck with Luke in both pods?

I would have loved to have a rebel Luke Skywalker to add to my rebel Hoth deck. There are many speeders and fighters that are themed in a Hoth deck. Heck even the art is of a Rebel Alliance Luke Skywalker in his Xwing, once again a Rebel Alliance vehicle.

Just... confused.

Actually, Red Five is a Jedi Vehicle.

Makes totally sense to me.

And not really worried about Pilot Luke being Jedi

Having 2xPilot Luke 2xRed5 (Jedi Affiliated) with 2 x Red2, 2 x Rogue 3 and 2 X Rogue 1 seems good to me

4 2 ressources objective and 2 défense of Yavin, plus APD, seems like many first turn Luke+Red5, Wedge+Rogue3, etc..

Edited by Caal-FR

I think this will be a little more awesome once we have the new force set beginning with Heroes and Legends.  Remember how you'll have 4 Kyle Katarn's? Now you can also have 4 Luke Skywalkers if you want, one of those whom is fairly versatile to add onto a vehicle.  

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Star-Wars-LCG/news/echoes-of-the-force-cycle/heroes-and-legends/SWC10-card-light-02.png

Er.. Isn't that new Jedi Luke part of the challenge deck, though? I don't think those are usable in regular decks..

edit: Oh, we're talking about Escape From Hoth. Nevermind.

Edited by LunaticPathos

I'm actually a little disappointed that the LS challenge deck isn't Jedi-affiliated. Since it represents a time when Luke Skywalker is reflecting on his heritage and undergoing the completion of his Jedi training, it really makes more sense for it to be a Jedi deck, for even if some of the cards are Rebels acting independently of Luke, they remain linked to the same affiliation to make the deck more straightforward for the challenge deck player.

Regarding Heroes and Legends, keep in mind that :

- H&L targets a Character Unit : If Luke is attached to something, it is not a unit

- Put a card into play and play a card are différent : If put into play by H&L, it cannot be play as an enhancement, and cannot be attached

It's all about the fluff:

At that moment in the film that the Jedi Luke card is depicting, he swings his lightsaber to destroy an At-At, most likely using various Force senses to stay alive with all the chaos happening around him.

Or, balancing:

A Rebel Luke with those powers would make the Rebel Speeder deck far too powerful, by keeping it Jedi, that means that the Rebel player has resource match management to worry about.

It's all about the fluff:

At that moment in the film that the Jedi Luke card is depicting, he swings his lightsaber to destroy an At-At, most likely using various Force senses to stay alive with all the chaos happening around him.

Or, balancing:

A Rebel Luke with those powers would make the Rebel Speeder deck far too powerful, by keeping it Jedi, that means that the Rebel player has resource match management to worry about.

I can see why a Rebel Affiliated Luke is something people desire, especially considering we now have a Imperial/Sith Darth Vader and a Rebel/Smuggler Han Solo. I'm trying to think about it in the sense that the Rebellion was a large part of Luke's life, so it would make sense to have a Rebel Affiliated Luke. At the same time, Luke was already learning about the force and on his way to becoming a Jedi before he even piloted an X-Wing and his use of the force is what helped him survive/destroy the Death Star. Being a Jedi is in his blood (Midichlorian pun intended).

"Is it canon that Luke has a high midichlorian count? I always thought that was more Anakin/Vader's thing, hence the prophecy surrounding him." - MarthWMaster

He is one of the children of Anakin Skywalker, the person who had the highest midichlorian count ever recorded. Considering Anakin was pretty powerful in the force himself and Luke specifically states that the force is strong in his family, you could assume that would also mean the midichlorian counts of Anakin's descendants to be pretty high. Supposedly midichlorians have a direct correlation with the potential of force sensitivity in a living being. Jedi and Sith were people who no doubt had substantially higher counts than people who were barely force sensitive or didn't develop much of a sensitivity to it.

That being said, other than the introduction to Midichlorians in Ep. 1 and a few mentions in some EU material they left it kind of vague. Only a few noteable person's midichlorian counts were revealed.

If it is to be considered canon (this is taken from Wookiepedia's page on Midichlorians), then this serves to both add to my statement and also prove it is not always the case: The magnitude of the midi-chlorian count served as a measure of one's potential in the Force,[9] though there were other inheritable characteristics that could influence Force ability as well.[10] Indeed, though Force ability often meant a high midi-chlorian count, it was not always the case.

I am assuming though, that because of Anakin's strong connection to the force and the idea that midichlorians live within everything in the Galaxy that some type of genetic compatibility or magnet to midichlorians can be passed down from parent to child. I'm also assuming that because of the fact that Luke, Leia, Luke's son and Leia's three kids all end up becoming pretty powerful Jedi.

To sum it up pretty plainly, I'm making an assumption but it was really all for a joke anyway, so don't take me too seriously here.

UPDATE: I was thinking about this a bit and it is probably safe to assume that the reason that midichlorian counts were not given for people in the original trilogy was because that concept had not been thought of yet by George Lucas.

If you want to explain it thematically, then after the Jedi Purge, most devices for counting midichlorian levels were probably disposed of or recycled to use for other purposes. Most people in the Galaxy considered the Jedi to be extinct and the only publicly known user of the force for a time was Darth Vader himself.

Edited cuz the quote got mixed in with my reply.

Edited by GroggyGolem