Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gavinwatson

Runemaster Question

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

The runemaster class has two skills that can be used together, the one that adds blast and the one that add a condition. If they are used together does that mean that all creatures affected by the blast also receive the condition? Or does the condition only affect the main target?

Thanks in advance as always...

They cannot be used together since both of them should be used as an action. In other word you have to use your action on Exploding rune or on Runic Sorcery.

ZXTR is correct, these two skills cannot be used together.  Each one costs an action to be performed and each action must be resolved completely before the next is begun (except a Move Action which explicitly allows interruption.)

That said, there are other ways of adding both Blast and a Condition to an attack, in general.  To answer your original question, the Condition would be applied to each affected figure who suffered at least one point of damage after their defense roll.

Hello all!

I have a mage who is wielding a magic staff with Abilities: Surge = Deal 1 ❤ to another monster within 3 spaces of the target, Surge = +1 Range.  He also has the Runic Sorcery skill which - Action: Perform an attack with a Rune weapon. If this attack deals at least 1 Heart (after rolling defense dice), choose 1 condition. The target suffers the chosen condition.

My question is, if the mage does damage to one of my monster, I roll my defense pool for that monster and get a condition (poison), the surge hits another one of my monster, do I roll my defense pool for the second monster?  And do I get the same condition on the second monster?

Thanks all!

No. dealing the 1 damage to a second monster is not defendable. However, that monster ONLY gets a wound, he does not get the condtion or any other effect of the attack.

That ability "deal 1 wound to another monster" is a specific ability of the weapon. It does not cause that other monster to be "affected by the attack," and certainly does not make him a "target" of the attack.

Edited by Zaltyre
Funkfried likes this

No. dealing the 1 damage to a second monster is not defendable. However, that monster ONLY gets a wound, he does not get the condtion or any other effect of the attack.

That ability "deal 1 wound to another monster" is a specific ability of the weapon. It does not cause that other monster to be "affected by the attack," and certainly does not make him a "target" of the attack.

Thank you Zaltyre.