Sign in to follow this  
sunny ravencourt

Iowa Player prepping for Worlds

If you want to make the jaunt to Ames, we play every Sunday noonish. Although critical hit games in ia city should have some players. Vassal has been hopping lately with the tc tourney. You can usually find players there.

Ames?!  lol.  Actually, that's not too bad.  I could probably try that sometime.

What time do people usually play on Vassal?  How do you get games in there?  Obviously the in-person game is what I'm looking for, but I'll take games where I can get them. 

Tempest Games in CR, my bad. Was trying to remember the name of it yesterday. It's been almost a year since I've been there.

Tempest used to have a pretty regular group on Friday nights, not sure if they are still going. Great store and the management is super nice.

I've bought a lot of my stuff from Tempest.  They don't have a game going anymore, at least from what I've been told (I could be wrong), but you're right about the staff.  Great management. 

Seriously though, this stuff sells like crazy, and yet there aren't steady games?  How? 

Like Qrest Fourstar, I've been trying to find games in the Des Moines area. Picked up the game a few months ago and regularly get the snot beat out of me by my wife.   

If you're in the Des Moines (Mayhem is a nice meeting spot) and want an easy win, I'm down  :D  

Edited by Simonsays3

We have a weekly game down here in Moline - usually during the week at evening (varying nights) but we are flexible. If you are interested in getting together with us let me know and I will PM you the specifics.

We have a weekly game down here in Moline - usually during the week at evening (varying nights) but we are flexible. If you are interested in getting together with us let me know and I will PM you the specifics.

where at in moline?? I live on rock island arsenal and would love to get in a few games (won't be back for another month though). 

Not sure if any of you Iowa folk are interested (or close to the WI border) but a few of us are running a 100 point tourney in Madison, WI on Friday November 1st at Game Hole Con which is being held at the Sheraton Hotel. We have a 7pm-Midnight time slot.

Could be a good tune up for Worlds (the following weekend).

A friend of mine and I play around noon at limited edition. When are your playing times?

Weekends normally. Rob needs to get tournies goin at Le!  Is there a Facebook group for Cedar Falls/Valley area players?

Dean

World is up at the ffg event center in a week or 2. Where champ in ffg games will be crowned. I cannot go because of work.

planning on playing tomorrow. Weekends can only be after 4 and with wife's ok.