Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Brown_Bomber

I wish FF release acrylic movement templates and range rulers

112 posts in this topic

$20-$30 (USD) according to Litko and Covenant

Had an eye on these for a while myself, but it's hard to justify them when you can get another mini for that!

i wish like, the will kill the rule

only original parts ar regular at a match
ore ( if it the 100% the same its allowed)

Guessing he wants rules changed to use non ffg items in matches.

Thought you could myself as long as both parties use one set.

Have ordered some from litko., will let you know what they are like.

I liked the ones at the nationals with the writing on and the lutko ones are personalised with your choice

From my first hand experience the ones from Team Covenant are the only ones that are bang on exactly right without any modifications needed.

My set from Applied Perspectives were slightly narrow and the banks were too short.  They were produced in December 2012, so maybe he has improved since as they are made to order rather than mass produced, I could have just gotten a bad set.

My Litko ones are good all around, except that the banks were about 3 mm too long and had to shortened to be the proper length.  That I could personalize them put them over the top for me.

From my first hand experience the ones from Team Covenant are the only ones that are bang on exactly right without any modifications needed.

My set from Applied Perspectives were slightly narrow and the banks were too short.  They were produced in December 2012, so maybe he has improved since as they are made to order rather than mass produced, I could have just gotten a bad set.

My Litko ones are good all around, except that the banks were about 3 mm too long and had to shortened to be the proper length.  That I could personalize them put them over the top for me.

May I add that the ones from CorSec Engineering are excellent as well. The ones I bought match up exactly with the cardboard templates you get with the game. Also the bright green plastic doesn't get lost on the table like the clear Litko ones. I'm planning on buying a second set, this time in orange, to go with the set I have and retire my cardboard ones.

You guys do realize that third party range rules and movement templates are 100% tournament legal, right?

From the latest Tournament rules (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf)

Range Rulers and Maneuver Templates

Minor variations in the printing process and the existence of third-party products may cause slight disparities in the measurements of some rulers and templates. During tournament play, any player may request that a single range ruler or set of maneuver templates be shared for the duration of the match. Both players must agree on the set of maneuver templates to be used, as well as which side of the range ruler to use. The TO will have the final say in any decision.” 

(near the beginning of page 2)

Edited by Hexis

My Applied Perspective ones are absolutely perfect. Truly, it's the original cardboard ones that are off. I have 3 core sets to compare with.