Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jackman51

Distracted?

80 posts in this topic

The original SW and BW--you still have yours eh? I'd be surprised if those ran on anything past Windows 98. Of course I too am not particularly tech savy.

At least as bad as my control over the units and macroing ability with my structures I was able to somehow solitaire the Original SC and BW campaigns. Not with SC 2. I won't even buy Heart of the Swarm because of this fact--well maybe when it drops to like 15 or 20 dollars some day.

subochre and jackman,

I still have them and am surprised that the new systems doesn't run the older game.  Anyway, I still have my Blizzard Battle.net account, so I downloaded SC II to see how it works.  It's impressive.  By the way, because I waited a few years, both Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm cost $19.99 per game.

Cheers,

Joe

subochre likes this

jackman,

Good news...I registered my 14-year old game at Battle.net and could download the StarCraft: Anthology which includes the original game and Brood War.  Even better...the system must have had all of my files (as I never had it loaded on this computer) and I do not need to go through the entire story line again.  All of the individual scenarios have been completed so I can play any one of them.  Good Times!

Cheers,

Joe

jackman51 likes this