Sign in to follow this  
Coyote''s Own

Otherworld encounter (Yuggoth) Question?

While playing the 4th scenario today we can across this otherworld encouter:

Pass a Sneak (1) check or the creatures capture and experiment on you. Lose half oy your items, then immediately return to Arkham with no memory of the experiments.

The no memory part confuses me a bit. Does a investigator who fails the check, recive an explorer token or not?

Coyote''s Own said:

While playing the 4th scenario today we can across this otherworld encouter:

Pass a Sneak (1) check or the creatures capture and experiment on you. Lose half oy your items, then immediately return to Arkham with no memory of the experiments.

The no memory part confuses me a bit. Does a investigator who fails the check, recive an explorer token or not?

Card says "return to Arkham", that means explored token.

Technically you just don't remember the experiments. You still remember going to Yuggoth. Maybe not how you got back, but I think the investigators would take that in stride given the situation. The "return to Arkham" always sends you back through a gate too. Course, there's nothing stopping you from interpreting the flavour text as having your memory of Yuggoth wiped and therefore no explore marker if you want to add some difficulty.