Sign in to follow this  
Cilionelle

Royal Guard and doubled up Modifications

Just out of curiosity: what if you took engine upgrade on a ship with boost, giving you that icon 2x in your action bar; could you then boost twice in a round?

See, sometimes sarcasm does suggest something productive (along with alliteration).

Cannot perform the same action more than once per turn so Engine Upgrade on a ship that already has the Boost action is useless.

Jim

Just out of curiosity: what if you took engine upgrade on a ship with boost, giving you that icon 2x in your action bar; could you then boost twice in a round?

See, sometimes sarcasm does suggest something productive (along with alliteration).

Cannot perform the same action more than once per turn so Engine Upgrade on a ship that already has the Boost action is useless.

Jim

[sarcasm]

But you would NOT be performing the SAME Action, you'd be using the OTHER Boost Action that is now on your action bar.

[/sarcasm]

Perhaps another example of what the word "different" means.

Edited by StevenO

Jim

Doesn't even help with the critical damage which causes you to forget your action bar - since that is where the engine upgrade puts the ""new" boost.

I honestly made the mistake of putting two of the same upgrades on a ship. It just didn't click. So I was giving my Royal Guard TIEs two Stealth Devices. But, honestly, considering that if you are hit once you lose *BOTH* of the upgrades, I don't think it's that unfair or gimmick-ed. 

The card is quite clear that the two mods must be different. That being said, is Fel with two stealth devices really stronger than stealth device and auto thrusters? Sure, it's great if the green dice like you, but that's putting a lot of faith in those temperamental dice.

Edit: wow, what a necro

Edited by HolySorcerer

I honestly made the mistake of putting two of the same upgrades on a ship. It just didn't click. So I was giving my Royal Guard TIEs two Stealth Devices. But, honestly, considering that if you are hit once you lose *BOTH* of the upgrades, I don't think it's that unfair or gimmick-ed. 

Why is it that the second or third post of a new member always seems to be on a three year old thread? Furthermore, the content usually isn't even something that suggests they went looking for it, it's the sort of innocous comment you'd expect on a thread on the first page.

I don't think I would put two stealth devices on Fel even if I could. Autothrusters do a lot of good in terms of reducing the variance of the dice, and while there are some situations in which they're useless (hello, Inky), in most matchups I'd be glad I had them. 

"You may equip up to 2 different Modification upgrades (instead of 1)."

If you think that is unclear, you are trying to read something into it that is not there.

I mean they totally need to specify what the *original* modification is. The title allows you to add "2 DIFFERENT mods (instead of 1 different mod). Says it right there on the card. Next time I'm playing, shield upgrade will be my original mod, then for the 2 different mods (instead of one) I'm adding hull upgrade and stealth device to my Fel.

"You may equip up to 2 different Modification upgrades (instead of 1)."

If you think that is unclear, you are trying to read something into it that is not there.

I mean they totally need to specify what the *original* modification is. The title allows you to add "2 DIFFERENT mods (instead of 1 different mod). Says it right there on the card. Next time I'm playing, shield upgrade will be my original mod, then for the 2 different mods (instead of one) I'm adding hull upgrade and stealth device to my Fel.

You're three years late to the party mate.

Newbies and threadomancy.

It's a tradition or an old charter or something.

Quick side note, how does Boba work with this? If one were to Boba the title does the owner then pick a mod to ditch or is there no effect?

Per the ruling we have about the droid that adds an EPT slot, there would be no effect. Apparently these sorts of effects are only relevant during squad building, once the game starts an equipped upgrade stays equipped unless something discards it.