Sign in to follow this  
Englishpete

Opportunist

I think that with a lot of the new wave 3 ships and upgrades it kind of takes a bit of the edge off this card. So much of wave 3 is about support, passing target locks and focus tokens to other ships. It wouldn't be too hard to pass the ship closest and most likely to be attacked a token or focus to disarm this upgrade. I do think that when it hits it'll hit really hard, but I just don't see that happening that much against average experienced player. So I wonder if it is still worth the cost, although the A-wing combo is quite appealing. I'm still going to get it and play with it. Super excited about the new Interceptors.

It wouldn't be too hard to pass the ship closest and most likely to be attacked a token or focus to disarm this upgrade.

True, but then you run the risk of that ship being the one targeted.  Most suport ships have to be with in range 1 to pass tokens off.  So there's a good chance your support ship just became a much more attractive target.

It wouldn't be too hard to pass the ship closest and most likely to be attacked a token or focus to disarm this upgrade.

True, but then you run the risk of that ship being the one targeted.  Most suport ships have to be with in range 1 to pass tokens off.  So there's a good chance your support ship just became a much more attractive target.

Yes, but I've been playing my support ships as that roll. It keeps my ships that I use for the majority of attacks healthy which is what I want. I think that if I built a squad around my support ship it would cripple me to lose it, but I don't like those kinds of lists where something is overly dependent of some other ship/upgrade/effect. I find it's a good strategy to use one ship as a bait and the other ships to close the trap.

This is right up the alley with Expose, which I think is a great card but have a hard time finding it a home in my builds.

Expose.png

I like to run Expose on Darth Vader with a Stealth Device or Engine Upgrade depending on my mood.

Considered using Opportunist instead, but i think this is better served on lower pilot skills.  Let the "big" guys make the defender spend the tokens, and the little guy comes in to mop it up.  At least in theory anyway...

I'm thinking of Opportunist with Han, a Luke (crew) and a Nien Numb.

Roll your attacks, watch opponent use focus and/or evade tokens, then use Luke for another attack. Suddenly your target has no focus or evade tokens. Gain a stress and activate Opportunist. Then shed the focus through Nien Numbs green straights.

Add Jan Ors for additional fun. 360 rotating turret attacking at 5 dice with Han Rerolls and Target Locks...

Something tells me that I'm going to have to buy more than one of these TIE Aces packs just to get enough of upgrades. Hopefully FFG will have a Rebel Aces with similarly powerful stuff. Most of my games are 200+ points so I have the bandwidth to field a lot of ships.