Sign in to follow this  
pianoplayer3991

Rate my sqaud (B-wing, X-wing x2)

Just got my wave three ships in today and immediately started play testing some new builds. This is the best rebel build I've been able to make so far.

Biggs Darklighter 25 pts

Cloaking Device   3 pts

Wedge Antilles 29 pts

R2-D2              4 pts

Marksmanship  3 pts

Ten Numb         31 pts

Marksmanship    3 pts

Fire-Control System 2 pts

I tried the auto-blaster but it was difficult to keep Ten in range 1 of anything, and I don't really know how to better equip wedge or biggs. 

Thoughts or comments?

I tried the auto-blaster but it was difficult to keep Ten in range 1 of anything, and I don't really know how to better equip wedge or biggs. 

Thoughts or comments?

I also ditched the auto-blaster when working on a list with a B-wing. I decided to use Heavy Laser Canons instead and added Jan Ors to roll 5 dice from range 2 or 3.

It ended up something like this:

Chewbacca + Draw Their Fire

Jan Ors + Swarm Tactics

Blue Squadron + Heavy Laser Cannon

Stealth on an x-wing is mostly useless as you are guaranteed to loose it, especially on biggs. 

r2d2 on wedge is kinda -meh for me. Focusing on wedge to me is more important.

Here is a squad using the same pilots.

Wedge Antilles

-Push The Limit

-R2 Astromech

Wedge can now focus/tl every turn and loose that stress much easier.

Ten Numb

-Fire Control Systems

-Marksmanship

I liked this combo so I kept it unchanged

Biggs

-R2 Astromech

-Shield Upgrade

Gives biggs advantage during K-turns (and after), also allows him to get hit one extra time.

Wedge Antilles

-Push The Limit

-R2 Astromech

Ten Numb

-Fire Control Systems

-Marksmanship

Biggs

-R2 Astromech

-Shield Upgrade

Gives biggs advantage during K-turns (and after), also allows him to get hit one extra time.

This looks much better. Push the limits on Wedge with the R2 unit is a good combo. What are you thoughts on an advanced torpedo on wedge instead of the upgrades to biggs?

Thoughts or comments?

I also ditched the auto-blaster when working on a list with a B-wing. I decided to use Heavy Laser Canons instead and added Jan Ors to roll 5 dice from range 2 or 3.

It ended up something like this:

Chewbacca + Draw Their Fire

Jan Ors + Swarm Tactics

Blue Squadron + Heavy Laser Cannon

i really like this list.. awesome choices

Stealth on an x-wing is mostly useless as you are guaranteed to loose it, especially on biggs. 

r2d2 on wedge is kinda -meh for me. Focusing on wedge to me is more important.

Wedge Antilles

-Push The Limit

-R2 Astromech

Ten Numb

-Fire Control Systems

-Marksmanship

Biggs

-R2 Astromech

-Shield Upgrade

How is stealth device useless because "you are guaranteed to lose it" but a one point more shield upgrade is? Three dice has a good chance of dodging most attacks. Yes it's not as amazing as it is on an agility three ship but odds of it blocking at least as much damage as the shield if placed on an x-wing is still respectable. With stealth it is amazing with three defense ships, horrible with one defense ones, on a two it comes down to a preference of sure fire extra health or potentially quite a bit of extra evades.

As to the original list I would personally exchange ten's fire control system for something else, his marksmanship + pilot ability will already give him some decent accuracy. Though I will admit this is a personal bias as I doubt I'd have the skill to keep a b-wing on the six of anything that he couldn't hit easily anyway. Might consider dropping Wedge's marksmanship and using the points to convert FCS to Sensor jammers? Not sure. Again it's more a personal bias than anything substantial.

This list is a frog squadron minus Luke plus Ten Numb.

I don't know if it's the right approach but i'd try to apply what we learned from that list. Recently people have been playing Luke with Draw their Fire, R2D2 and Shield upgrade. Since Luke is not in this list idkif you can protect Biggs that well. But you have more firepower at least. But i would still prefer shield upgrade at

Least on the X-Wings even if no one has R2D2. Stealth device means a 3/8 chance to dodge one hit and a bit better with a focus token It's a gamble that pays off if you are very lucky. And it's just a lot better on 3 agility ships. But a shield is a shield. And massing Hitpoints is never dumb if you only have 3 ships

Wedge Antilles

-Push The Limit

-R2 Astromech

Ten Numb

-Fire Control Systems

-Marksmanship

Biggs

-R2 Astromech

-Shield Upgrade

This looks much better. Push the limits on Wedge with the R2 unit is a good combo. What are you thoughts on an advanced torpedo on wedge instead of the upgrades to biggs?

I don't like the advance torps, HOWEVER on a PTL character it would make sense since you could focus/tl on the same turn. allowing full benefit of the missile to come into play. The upgrades to biggs are there for fluff, they aren't needed since he has no way to actually reduce damage. (IE no luke to draw crits away)

Which advanced torps, in the list you quoted there are none...

Or maybe just drop Wedge and put Luke in. Although Wedge with PTL and R2 is a very nice combination. I play him pretty often like that. You could also give Biggs R2D2. I mean you need to survive a single turn with a green maneuver to make it as good as Shield upgrade. I have recently been pretty lucky with Biggs, he survived pretty long and if i had had R2D2 on him it would have paid out too. But well i had it on Luke where its awesome if the enemy scores any Crits.