Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpmoeller

Kansas City, MO new player group

103 posts in this topic

Is there a Facebook group for Kansas City area xwing players?

Edit: Found it: MOKAN Star Wars X-Wing Group.

Edited by ElderMason

I can invite anyone to the facebook group if need be.

There is the Store Championship at game cafe on the 8th... gonna be a lot of fun.

Game Cafe has the only regular night. There are a lot of good players at table top but they don't have a regular day except for maybe saturday.

Game tonight at Limited Figures, 6pm. We will be playing every second and fourth Wednesday. Off 29, Exit 5 near Kmart (not in the same plaza).

I'm still a new player, so I hope you guys are still meeting.  I'd like to play more often.  I drive by this place every day, but I've never been.

I'm still a new player, so I hope you guys are still meeting.  I'd like to play more often.  I drive by this place every day, but I've never been.

hey I am part of a group in St. Joseph that meets on Thursdays and Game Cafe is hosting a tournament this Sunday if you are interested. here's the Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/279582848870283

I am in the Overland Park Area, and I'm Looking for People close by who are interested in Casual Epic Game Play, Team Game Play, and Creating Custom Campaign Game Play.

Send me a PM if interested.

Thank you! 

hello,

sorry no one got back to you here.

most of us in this group don't get on these forums much anymore. 

ok so there are several great groups you can connect with. 

Table Top just had an X-Wing tournament last Sat (though it wasn't the Imdaar Alpha, just a store tourney).  they are in Overland Park. 

http://tabletopgameandhobby.com/

I also would recommend Game Cafe in Independence, MO those guys are awesome and have a great league going there.

http://www.playgamecafe.com/

I hope that helps and I hope to see you around.

"Fly casual."

anyone know if the group at Limited Figures i still meeting? my wife and I had our 2nd kid and I haven't had a chance to play much lately, but I'm heading to Worlds this week and would love to get back with you guys in the coming weeks.

It got really crowded for a while at Limited Figures, but it has died off a bit. Still, there are a couple of us that show up for X-Wing.

How is the gaming at Game Cafe in Independence?  I'm hoping to start playing there next Wednesday.  I also am assuming there's games at Tabletop and 31st Century, Basement.  Anyone play those stores?

the Game Cafe group is nice and big and really competitive.  it's a good group.  

as for the others I don't know.  from what I hear the Tabletop group is a lot more laid back. but both places have tournaments on a regular basis.

Tabletop doesn't have a true specific day that they play, but you can generally find people playing on the weekends.  A few weeks ago they did a GREAT Death Star trench run mission.

awesome. I'll have to check it out.  I live in St. Joseph, so Shawnee is pretty far for me, but I might try to swing down there from time to time.

Being that the last post to this topic was made in early January, I'm uncertain if it's still active.  However, I appreciate the website for Geekery.biz, for I intend to stop by the shop in the near future to see what it's like.

My nephews were in town this past weekend, and we enjoyed a lengthy 1vs1vs1 battle (first time for me playing).  Not ashamed to say that I lost, for that convinced me to acquire the core set (as well as a few additional pieces) to begin building for a return match against them at some point in the future.

Needless to say, I would be interested in participating in a few friendly matches with others around KC.  And if The Geekery is a possible location to match up against others, I will look into that.

this thread is monitored by myself and several others.

can you give me more info about where you are located, etc?

there is a big group in the Kansas City area. I myself am in St. Joseph, which is just north of KC.  I am in charge of the league in that town.

btw, there is a really cool tournament going on this Friday at game Cafe here's a link to it on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1576883935920569/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

that store has a big group but they are very competitive. 

if you are looking for a lighter, laid back group I recommend the group at Limited Figures, but I am not sure how often they get together. :/ but you can look up the store on Facebook and ask the owner.

Thanks for the information, GMLumpy. Although I find it easy to learn on the fly, I would venture a guess that I would lack the experience to compete in a competitive group at this point. So for now, I will play more for fun.

As for some basic information:

- Live in Raymore, MO (SE corner of KC region)

- Work in Overland Park, KS (on Sprint Campus)

- Not adverse to traveling, for my parents still live in Savannah, MO, my wife's family lives in St. Joseph, and some of our friends live in St. Joseph

- Still building my miniatures collection, but have the core set, TIE Advanced, TIE Defender, TIE Interceptor, Firespray-31, X-Wing, Y-Wing, and Rebel Ace Pilots.

I apologize for taking so long to respond the 2nd time, work has me pretty busy right now. 

I understand not wanting to to to that tournament, they are pretty serious there ;)

but my group in St. Joe is pretty laid back.  we won't be meeting next week but will the week after. maybe we can schedule a weekend you can come up and play and learn from us. 

Hey, if anyone is available to play today, I will be at TableTop Games in OP. I'll be there pretty much from opening until about 4 PM. I have tons of ships and am not adverse to lending some for play today. Send me a PM.

yes they do! it's Wed nights and I think they might alternate, but I'm not 100% sure.

any way you could make it up to St. Joseph? we'd love to have you Thurs night.