Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpmoeller

Kansas City, MO new player group

103 posts in this topic

I could probably go Thursday. I'm free all day so whenever you guys are available. Just a heads up on Thursday nights they have a board game night with around 30 or so in attendance. So sometime in the afternoon would be best IMO.

I'm not sure I will be able to make it Thursday.  Forgot about their game night,  I've never played at Tabletop, are they cool with anyone showing up whenever to use their game room?  Anyway, you guys pick a time and if I can make it, at least to just meet you guys (I've meet you JC),  I will.

We're planning on being at Limited Figures tonight at 6pm.

For those who are there, I'd like to discuss things like regular tournaments, campaigns, big games, etc.  See where what direction we want to head.

Hope to see you there!

Hey all, a few updates. First game cafe is doing their store championship on the 8th of February starting at noon. I've got the go ahead from the GM of the store to run tournaments whenever I like with game support so if anyone wants to come out let me know and I can make it happen.

I'd be interested in getting table top in doing a game night or store championship.

copied the details of the game cafe tournament.

"Game Cafe would like to invite all of you to join us on February 8th for our Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Store Championship. The festivities will begin at 12:00 PM noon on that day however all those interested are more than able to sign up in advance. The squad build total will be 100 point for this event and we will be doing rounds of Swiss based on the participation (minimum 3) and then making a cut to top four.  All those who participate will receive an alternate art Tien Numb Pilot card just for showing up as well as Alternate art Gold Squadron Pilot and Black Squadron Pilot. Now for the more awesome news. Due to the success Star Wars X-wing has been at our store we will be adding several door prizes to the event. The door prizes will include 4x sets of Acrylic Stress tokens, 2x Imperial Aces Packs, and 1x Medium Transport expansion. The aces and Transport packs will be taken as per-orders so we will need to get your information in the event you are one of the lucky winners. Everyone has an equal chance of winning door prizes regardless of tournament placings so feel free to shamelessly bring all your friends to enter the event and increase the likelihood you win one of them. Acrylic range rules for the top 4, Card boxes for the top two and a plaque for the winner. The entry fee for this event will be $10 and I can't wait to see all of you there. Good Luck and may the force be with you.

for more info check out https://www.facebook.com/events/223435464505840/"

I'm not sure I will be able to make it Thursday.  Forgot about their game night,  I've never played at Tabletop, are they cool with anyone showing up whenever to use their game room?  Anyway, you guys pick a time and if I can make it, at least to just meet you guys (I've meet you JC),  I will.

Yep. It's just open. Are you still unavailable tonight? If so, tomorrow?

Yep. It's just open. Are you still unavailable tonight? If so, tomorrow?

I'm sorry, I had made prior commentments for this week several weeks ago, I tried to get things moved around but it doesn't look like I will be able too. I want to play with you guys but this week just isn't looking good.

Dang. The 2nd we could have done, I think. The 8th we may not be able to pull off due to prior commitments. Will let you know when I do about any store championships in my area, in case you want to make the trip. Good luck!

Dang. The 2nd we could have done, I think. The 8th we may not be able to pull off due to prior commitments. Will let you know when I do about any store championships in my area, in case you want to make the trip. Good luck!

Doug, you know I can't wait to play you again and i'll keep you posted on everything going on down here. I've already got two other stores agreeing to store championships.... with any luck i'll get 3 more. Strong base down here, probably 30+ regulars if we all gathered together.

I'm looking to play and live out in Lees Summit but work off of Metcalf so either Tabletop, Pulp Fiction or Gamecafe would work if a group is looking to add another player that's just now learning the game; but I do have ships! I may try to make next Wednesday at Gamecafe to check it out.

Kelvan likes this

Hi gang, newcomer to the thread here, just looking for people in and around KC to play with.  I saw mention of Tabletop off Metcalf, is there any regular game night or following there?

Hi gang, newcomer to the thread here, just looking for people in and around KC to play with.  I saw mention of Tabletop off Metcalf, is there any regular game night or following there?

I could probably meet there every once in a while. With school and baseball season starting my time will be a lot more limited but I'd love to fit in a game whenever I can.

I could probably meet there every once in a while. With school and baseball season starting my time will be a lot more limited but I'd love to fit in a game whenever I can.

That's cool, I'm a ways of from having enough ships to field 100 points or anything.  I put a post on Tabletop's facebook page asking if they had a regular night people got together for X-wing as well, no answer just yet.  i'm the same, with job and home life I don't have a TON of time to play (obviously) but yeah absolutely, I'd love to get to actually play the thing rather than stare longingly at my minis.

That's cool, I'm a ways of from having enough ships to field 100 points or anything.  I put a post on Tabletop's facebook page asking if they had a regular night people got together for X-wing as well, no answer just yet.  i'm the same, with job and home life I don't have a TON of time to play (obviously) but yeah absolutely, I'd love to get to actually play the thing rather than stare longingly at my minis.

My friend and I have combined collections so I would have no issue with letting you use a few of mine if we were to meet up. It's almost impossible to rely on stores to set up dates for stuff like this with all the other organizations they have and business they have to keep up with so hopefully someone with enough time will step up a day of the week at Tabletop. If there is good time for you this weekend let me know and I'll see if I can make it up there. I went on Sunday and they were pretty much dead so maybe Sunday at noon? They close at 6 on Sundays so noon or 1 would be preferable.

Does noon on Sunday work for anyone else? Is anyone else interested?

Went to Limited Figures last night and we had a pretty good turn out of myself and 4 other players including Blazinga. Unfortunately our arrival times were pretty staggered and I was lucky to get in 2 games while others didn't get to play at all. All in all, it was great meeting everybody.

If this wasn't posted before (and I don't recall seeing it posted) the X-Wing game nights and Limited Figures is now the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month (I got there around 5:30 and two guys were already there) so the next official meeting will be February 12th. I doubt I will be able to make that date but if anyone is interested in meeting up there on any given weekday evening I will see if I can make it.

My friend and I have combined collections so I would have no issue with letting you use a few of mine if we were to meet up. It's almost impossible to rely on stores to set up dates for stuff like this with all the other organizations they have and business they have to keep up with so hopefully someone with enough time will step up a day of the week at Tabletop. If there is good time for you this weekend let me know and I'll see if I can make it up there. I went on Sunday and they were pretty much dead so maybe Sunday at noon? They close at 6 on Sundays so noon or 1 would be preferable.

Does noon on Sunday work for anyone else? Is anyone else interested?

Sunday at noon would work just fine.  I always need an excuse to get to the game store anyways.  Feel free to message me or respond on this thread if that changes, but yeah we could plan on Sunday around noon for sure.

Unfortunately my tomorrow is shot, we can figure out a different time maybe with a little more notice.  No worries.

Just so you guys are aware there are about a dozen players that play at GameCafe in independence every wednesday and we would love for you guys to drop by. Really any day of the week you think you might be able to pick up a game just hit up the facebook and there is usually someone more than happy to play, myself included.

Kelvan likes this