Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpmoeller

Kansas City, MO new player group

107 posts in this topic

Zona Rosa is far from me but not un-do-able; use to go up there once a week looking for X-wing Ships at Barnes and Noble.  Give me a Date and I will put it on the Calendar.  I am good most nights; btw, I don't have any of my stuff until after the 9th.  I'm having a big 5 v 5 Four Mission X-wing Campaign in Topeka then.  Left my stuff there so my brothers and friends could take a gander at the upgrade cards in preparation.

Table Top is very close IMO to Microcenter...it's at like 105th and Metcalf.  There is also 31st Century (Olathe) and Pulp fiction Comics and Games (Lee's Summit); 

Zona Rosa is far from me but not un-do-able; use to go up there once a week looking for X-wing Ships at Barnes and Noble.  Give me a Date and I will put it on the Calendar.  I am good most nights; btw, I don't have any of my stuff until after the 9th.  I'm having a big 5 v 5 Four Mission X-wing Campaign in Topeka then.  Left my stuff there so my brothers and friends could take a gander at the upgrade cards in preparation.

Table Top is very close IMO to Microcenter...it's at like 105th and Metcalf.  There is also 31st Century (Olathe) and Pulp fiction Comics and Games (Lee's Summit); 

table top might work! I'll let you know of when.  and it would be after the 9th.

ok guys, who is interested in a friendly tournament on the 16th of Nov? i don't know of any gaming stores that would be central to me (st. Joseph) & Lee Summit. any ideas as to where? you give me a place & I'll book it.

I'll ask around here and see if there is interest in getting a group to come over. If you could find a store in Lee's Summit that would be convenient.

Hey,

That store generally would be great. I asked around and it doesn't look like the saturday will work.

There is also another store in Kansas City, Game Cafe, that has a weekly league and monthly tournaments. My group can't make the league (four hours driving on a Wednesday night just isn't reasonable) but we're planning on making it to the tournaments.

I'll also keep watching this thread. If you guys have another meet up day, post it here and I'll see if I can get people who to travel to it.

Matt

Hey,

That store generally would be great. I asked around and it doesn't look like the saturday will work.

There is also another store in Kansas City, Game Cafe, that has a weekly league and monthly tournaments. My group can't make the league (four hours driving on a Wednesday night just isn't reasonable) but we're planning on making it to the tournaments.

I'll also keep watching this thread. If you guys have another meet up day, post it here and I'll see if I can get people who to travel to it.

Matt

cool! when are the tournaments? and do you have a link?

Hey,

Matt

the 16th isn't working for me either. how about Sunday the 17th?

I'm glad to see my thread has expanded to include all of the metro KC area.  Good to know I'm not the only one playing!

We will be hosting another game at Limited Figures tonight at 6pm.  It's off to the side of Kmart, just off of Exit 6 on I-29.

Beginners are always welcome!  Even if you are just interested in giving it a try, come on out.  Also, tonight we'll set a better schedule for the rest of the year, given the upcoming holidays.

See you there!

GMLumpy likes this

@ GMlumpy

This weekend in general is bad. And then I believe most of us are visiting family for Thanksgiving the next two weekends. This time of year gets very hard to organize things...

But that store has a facebook page where they keep all of their events listed. There's a tournament coming up the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, but again I can't personally make it because I'm heading back home.

But depending on when their December event is I really want to go.

https://www.facebook.com/GameCafe

yea i have family coming into town on the 24th so I'm busy the entire week of Thanks.

mmm. also all of those places are really far from me.

let's see what we can do in December.

Hey guys,

Anyone know of anything happening between 12/13 - 12/21 or 1/4 - 1/20. Myself and one other guy here are students and will be on break soon, so we're looking to do some gaming in that time.

We're totally up for a day trip to KC in one of those time frames.

Matt

Edited by artfcllyflvrd

I am so sorry it took me so long to respond, it's been a busy week.

I'm game!  where are you and your friends located?  I know that Game Cafe in KC is having a fur-ball tournament on Wed, but they apparently do a group thing every Wed, but I am not sure who goes.  I can't make Wed, but how about next Tues or even this Sunday? I'd prefer somewhere further north since I live about 30-60 min north of KC.

any of you guys coming to the tournament at Game Cafe on Sunday? I'm sick right now and working 20-22 hours today & heading out of town on Monday so I have no idea if I'll be able to make it but I'm going to try.  

you guys coming???

Hey. Signed up for the forums just so I could post to this thread. Are you guys still doing the Wednesday nights at Limited Figures? For anyone in Johnson County I would love to set up a regular day of the week at Tabletop Games at 105th and Metcalf.

Hey. Signed up for the forums just so I could post to this thread. Are you guys still doing the Wednesday nights at Limited Figures? For anyone in Johnson County I would love to set up a regular day of the week at Tabletop Games at 105th and Metcalf.

Hey Mason,

Yeah I'm down let me know what days work best for you.  Tabletop is close to me and I enjoy going in there.  I'm a casual player who likes to setup campaigns for me and my friends to enjoy (5v5s).  Doing another Campaign in Topeka on the 4th.

Hey Mason,

Yeah I'm down let me know what days work best for you.  Tabletop is close to me and I enjoy going in there.  I'm a casual player who likes to setup campaigns for me and my friends to enjoy (5v5s).  Doing another Campaign in Topeka on the 4th.

With the holidays and every one being busy, we kind of took a break on the Wednesday nights at Limited Figures. Hoping to get it going again after the first of the year. I live up north but I'd be down for making trips to Tabletop Games, definitely want to get more x-wing games in.

Blazinga,

What days look good for you?  We could probably do some trading off of locations so it's not lopsided.

I can make almost any night work as long as it doesn't go too late, I work very early in the mornings, but right now we'd or Thursdays would be the best nights, but Fridays and Saturdays work well too.

Hey Mason,

How does tomorrow (Thursday Jan 2) sound?

Unfortunately all my stuff is in Topeka preparing for a big Campaign of 5v5...tonight wouldn't work sadly.  How would next Thursday look or Friday?  Blazinga...would this work for you as well?