Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpmoeller

Kansas City, MO new player group

107 posts in this topic

We're attempting to get a group together for regular gaming, starting this Wednesday evening, 6pm at Limited Figures games.  The address is 8329 N Congress Ave Kansas City, MO, and is in the building next to the Kmart off of Exit 6 on I-29.

Once we establish a regular group and time, we can discuss leagues, tournaments, etc.  RIght not there are a number of people in the area who know about the game, but don't know how to play yet.  Let's get something started!

I am in Overland Park.  Not sure about my Wednesdays nights b/c I am working and taking my Cornerstone class to graduate from College...but I'm willing to try.

Were you thinking about starting this week or next?

I think it's Pulp Fiction Comics and Games or whatever does like Sunday nights for X-wing.  I haven't been there, but was considering it.

Game Cafe in indepence does game nights there. Also, the Basement near zona rosa has some games in on sundays.

Hit me up with a private message guys. I'm interested in getting together. I won one of the KC regionals for worlds.

Congrats Kelvan! 

I am more of a casual player just looking for people to play with and against for fun.  I love multiplayer X-wing games 2v2 and more!  

Let me know if that is something that interests you all.

We are going to start this Wednesday (today).  However, I imagine that this will be more about teaching new players.  As we get more people committed, we can decide on a regular night. 

I know about Game Cafe.  Nice place, but for me, personally, it's on the complete opposite side of the metro area and therefore not ideal for regular gaming.

JP,

I'll stop by tonight and meet you and whoever else shows up.  Won't be able to stay long due to some Research I have to do tonight.  My name is Jonathan btw.

Newmagrathea,  where you at?  If you didn't see above, I'm in Overland Park.

Hey all, Game Cafe is hosting two tournaments this coming week

One on Sunday from 1PM to 5PM and then again on Wednesday starting at 6PM till done.

3 Round Match - $5.00 Entry - Everyone who participates gets a Black Squadron Alternate Art Pilot Card.  Top Four get's a choice between Wedge Antilies or FFG Sheild Tokens.  The top winner will receive a nice shiny FFG medal

Hope to see some of the KC peeps out in Independce this weekend or Wednesday!!!

Tonight we'll be playing at Limited Figures in KC, 6pm.  100 points.

We haven't progressed to the point of tournaments yet - right now we're just getting a regular group established.  Many of the current bunch are still learning.

I've been to Game Cafe, but unfortunately it's a bit far for me to be a regular (Platte City).

Hope to see more of you there tonight!

Is anyone from KC going to go to World Champion Weekend? I'll bet that they have the TIE Interceptor Aces pack for sale and I wouldn't be surprised if they announced The Rebel aces. 

WOW! I finally find ppl in the area and I miss a couple of tournaments.  I am still new to the game & live in St. Joseph, so anything not North KC is a little far for me.  The Basement was going to have a tournament awhile back but forgot about it and canceled it. 

I can't make Wed but would any of you guys want to meet up at like the Basement or even here in St. Joseph? there is a gaming store called Galaxy Games. last time I checked they still has a wave 1 TIE, though I haven't been there since wave 3 came out. 

I need some one to play test some squads with.  anyone interested? again any night but Wed & Mondays. 

Hey guys,

I live in Columbia, MO. So I wouldn't be able to make league nights but myself and a couple other guys would be intersted in coming to Kansas City for tournaments/game days on the weekends.

Do you guys know of stores that are hosting events, or any place online where we could check to see if tournaments are happening around the city?

I might be able to work something out with you GMLumpy.

I am in the Overland Park Area; we might be able to find a happy compromise.

awesome! where would be a good place for you? I don't know of any gaming stores etc in Overland Park, but I do make it out there every once in awhile for Micro Center (love that store). maybe I can make a day & afternoon/evening out of it.  

beyond that, how far are is Zona Rosa to you?

Hey guys,

I live in Columbia, MO. So I wouldn't be able to make league nights but myself and a couple other guys would be intersted in coming to Kansas City for tournaments/game days on the weekends.

Do you guys know of stores that are hosting events, or any place online where we could check to see if tournaments are happening around the city?

I would be interested in that as well. the only Gaming store I know of in KC is The Basement and I have been waiting for them to reschedule a tournament from early Sept.

maybe we should all make a meetup sometime soon.  who would be interested in that? no tournament just a some friendly play. what weekends do you guys have open? the best one for me would be Nov 16th. I am a Doctor Who fan so the 23rd is already booked for me ;) & I don't want to take away from family time during Thanksgiving week.

Hey guys,

I would be interested in that as well. the only Gaming store I know of in KC is The Basement and I have been waiting for them to reschedule a tournament from early Sept.

maybe we should all make a meetup sometime soon.  who would be interested in that? no tournament just a some friendly play. what weekends do you guys have open? the best one for me would be Nov 16th. I am a Doctor Who fan so the 23rd is already booked for me ;) & I don't want to take away from family time during Thanksgiving week.

I may be able to swing November 16th. I'll ask around here and see who may be interested in coming over that day. I'll let you know as soon as I find anything.

My name is Matt by the way.

I go by

Hey guys,

I may be able to swing November 16th. I'll ask around here and see who may be interested in coming over that day. I'll let you know as soon as I find anything.

My name is Matt by the way.

I go by Lumpy (long story). so nice to meet you Matt.

I might be able to get 1 other guy to come with me.  and if you or anyone has a good suggestion for a place we can play I'm open to it.  just let me know.