Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AltWren

Question about setup

8 posts in this topic

When I draw a Mythos card to place the initial monster and gate during setup, do I place a clue and resolve the other text as well?  And does the doom track get a counter?  I'm still pretty new to the game.  Thank you.

Yes, yes, and yes. And move the monster, if appropriate.

EDIT: unless it's a rumor. Then draw a whole new Mythos card.

Edited by Joseph_Lavode

Yes, yes, and yes. And move the monster, if appropriate.

EDIT: unless it's a rumor. Then draw a whole new Mythos card.

Unless it's a rumor or any other card instructing no gate to appear (so, The Story Continues, Strane Sightings, Double Terror cards)

AltWren,

While my colleagues have beaten me to the proverbial punch by providing you answers to your inquiries, let me be the first to welcome you to the carnival!  It's a great game, with an unbeliveable amount of replay value.  I say this, having played over 100 games, many of which have been added to Tibs' spreadsheet (see one the 'pinned' threads) and Julia has played, if memory serves, in the 300 territory.

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by The Professor

AltWren,

While my colleagues have beaten me to the proverbial punch by providing you answers to your inquiries, let me be the first to welcome you to the carnival!  It's a great game, with an unbeliveable amount of replay value.  I say this, having played over 100 games, many of which have been added to Tibs' spreadsheet (see one the 'pinned' threads) and Julia has played, if memory serves, in the 300 territory.

Cheers,

Joe

Yeah, I should be around 300 now. Unfortunately, I didn't log the early games, so I don't know for sure.

And welcome to AltWren!

AltWren,

Cheers,

Joe

Yeah, I should be around 300 now. Unfortunately, I didn't log the early games, so I don't know for sure.

And welcome to AltWren!

Wow... 300+ games... I'm at 7 games now. ^^ And I would play more than i could. ;(

Wow... 300+ games... I'm at 7 games now. ^^ And I would play more than i could. ;(

Consider I started playing in 2007, and since then, I played a game every Sunday. Plus at that time, I had only three boardgames (Arkham, Carcassonne and Fury of Dracula), so it was pretty easy reaching some big numbers