Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim Huckelbery

Update for this week...

17 posts in this topic

In the words of my favourite professor, Good news, everyone!

We are extending the beta period! An update is coming next week. Thanks for all of your hard work and patience. 

The Emperor Protects!

–Inquisitor Tim

Indeed thanks for the info.

I wonder if there's a way of creating a stronger line of interaction between the community and the development staff... Do you answer emails, for example? If I gathered up people's questions and emailed them, would I get a reply? Then I could post the reply on the forum so everyone could see... Good plan?

Edited by PhilOfCalth
Simsum likes this

Would be nice though to get updates more regular - in that way some of the discussion here maybe could focus on specific areas that were not yet adressed...

Thx for info. I would be even happier if it was more frequent.

Looking forward to the extended beta. There were a lot of issues raised and I hope they'll be addressed in the upcoming update. There's still a lot to discuss as we haven't talked too much about investigation and social encounters.

Well, I'm glad you guys are extending the time frame. Take as long as you need. We've got 5 other lines to keep us going, so you can make this one as great as possible.

I wonder if there's a way of creating a stronger line of interaction between the community and the development staff... Do you answer emails, for example? If I gathered up people's questions and emailed them, would I get a reply? Then I could post the reply on the forum so everyone could see... Good plan?

They do answer emails even if the spam filter gets it first. Pro tip don't title your email "give us money" even if you are requesting a non abstract wealth option.

GauntZero and PhilOfCalth like this

Lets take this as a positive.

1. Tim is an Inquisitor, yet did not apply an Exterminatus to us.

2. They EXTENDED THE BETA. The only reason they would do this is to take account of all the good information people are providing.

Extending the beta seems like a good decision, and not just because they skipped an update or two. Although the issues I have with those rules won't be solved to my satisfaction at all, it's clear the rules still need a lot of work if they are to do what I think they were meant to do.

Fgdsfg likes this

I emailed them about a couple of definite errors / omissions and received a reply. But I only emailed them about things I could objectively say: "this is a mistake / omission", not my general thoughts and feedback. One thing that has been very clear, is that they are actively reading our discussions here already.

The only reason they would do this is to take account of all the good information people are providing.

They might just want to torture those of us who are now more or less happy with how things are. Every extra week is another week where victory might be snatched from us and they decide to ditch Action Points or someone might request them to introduce special rules for puppies or something. ;)

The only reason they would do this is to take account of all the good information people are providing.

They might just want to torture those of us who are now more or less happy with how things are. Every extra week is another week where victory might be snatched from us and they decide to ditch Action Points or someone might request them to introduce special rules for puppies or something. ;)

We can only hope. :) (kidding... mostly)

I highly doubt they'll rework any major game systems this close to when the game needs to go to press. Action points will definitely be in the game; if anything they'll just tweak costs of some actions (the charging with an eviscerator problem comes to mind).

And rules for puppy familiars will be in the DH2 version of Inquisitor's Handbook.

Reading perhaps, but not responding. If they think of dropping something or definitely going to keep something I'd rather not continue to discuss it in ignorance. I asked general questions. We'll see if they respond