Sign in to follow this  
imrahil327

Season 3 League Kit

I still will never understand why FFG doesn't just sell some playmats with some of the game/card art on them...

The special tournament-specific playmats are cool, and I have a bunch. But, it would be cool to be able to just buy playmats also. 

Artificial scarcity. If you can just buy the prizes, they become all but worthless as prizes. As a TO, there's far too many privately bought League Kits floating around already for my taste.

I still will never understand why FFG doesn't just sell some playmats with some of the game/card art on them...

The special tournament-specific playmats are cool, and I have a bunch. But, it would be cool to be able to just buy playmats also. 

Artificial scarcity. If you can just buy the prizes, they become all but worthless as prizes. As a TO, there's far too many privately bought League Kits floating around already for my taste.

100% agree with this. The playmat prizes need to incentivize people to participate in the greater AGoT community and privately bought ones decrease participation, but I also agree that FFG should make some playmats available. I mean there's no reason they can't sell playmats with artwork that they don't ever intend on putting on a prize mat. Heck, really there's only like 6 - 9 prize mats a year (probably a lot less) and every other piece of artwork is available to be on a playmat.

For some things, the iron price must be paid.