Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rraahk

How do you store your fleet(s)?

34 posts in this topic

I'm exploring ideas for how to pack and store my growing collection of ships.  I want to hear some of your creative or effective ways of transporting your game to events and meet-ups!  

Pictures would be awesome!

I use a large tackle box.  the different sized slots fit my ships and cards well.  And there is plenty of room to store the movement templates in the base.

I have four plastic Plano trays from Wal-Mart. One for the tokens, dice and damage cards, one each for the Rebels and Imperials, and one for the Upgrade cards. That lets me keep each type sorted and easy to find. I keep them in a duffle bag big enough for a 4x6 black cloth and a box of asteroids.

I was considering getting one of the KR cases, as that is pre cut, but could be pricey. As I only have 6 fighters and a firespray, I should be able to cope with just wrapping them up for the moment. However I am awaiting several more ships for my budding fleet, and will probably purchase a KR case eventually :D

I use this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ECQPVQ/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, once I receive Wave 3, space will be at a premium (especially for the extra large bases and the shuttles), so I may seek out a more roomy method.

Here's one side of it loaded up:

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/62747_3951685411028_1202150712_n.jpg

I carefully cut out the plastic molds for the ships so I can lay them across the compartments and still have room for bases, tiles, pegs, etc. underneath.

I also had to cut out some compartment walls to make room for storing the large bases.

Edited by Pygon

I have the kr multicase and love it and also have a tackle box.  using both of those i have the perfect setup.

Beat me to it!

Well I just ordered a case from these guys: www.krmulticase.com

I have a bag from my 40k days that will hold 2 of their cardboard boxes so plenty of expansion.

It should turn up today so I will get some pics up :D

Edited by MrTarget

Battlefoam.  PACK 432 case, a couple trays.  Currently using the initial X-Wing 1.5" foam layers they offered.  I did a lil modification to fit a second YT.  For Wave 3 I have a craft foam layer with some gimpy holes for the plastic shipping trays cut into it.  It will work for now.

I want to figure out my wave 3 totals and finish a design for a custom 2" foam layer.  Maybe a new 1.5" layer too.

I just ordered custom cut BF tray for wave 3 (3 Lambda, 4 TIE bomber, 4 B wing, 2 hwk290).  That will replace the components tray in the BF case.  All components and who knows what else will move to a tackle box/organizer.

Battlefoam PACK 216 and random other solutions including a Pelican hardcase for temporary storage. Will be adding a PACK Plus as soon as possible. Thinking of going to pluck foam instead of custom, so that I have some future flexibility.

DSC_6657.jpg

Forensicus likes this

Battlefoam PACK 216 and random other solutions including a Pelican hardcase for temporary storage. Will be adding a PACK Plus as soon as possible. Thinking of going to pluck foam instead of custom, so that I have some future flexibility.

DSC_6657.jpg

The problem with this are three fold

1. I would feel it necessary to fill every gap and that would get expensive
  2. No spaces for Wave 3
  3. The Emperor's Guard Interceptor would not fit in.

I'm currently using a cardboard KR multicase with the Malifaux (which is almost perfect, though I have swapped one of the half trays for wider slots so it fits the cards better).

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

I just upraded from the Plano 5231 Stow n Go to BattleFoam trays and the P. A. C. K. Go (Backpack) -- for main storage and toting the collection as a whole.  I'll still use the Plano for carrying single squads.
I still need to get the Wave 3 Fleet Trays.  Soon . . . I hope.

I use the Plano 732.  Have used one since the game came out.  Just had to upgrade to a second as my original was pretty much maxed out and needed space for Wave 3.  So I got another one and separated into Rebel and Imperial.  Should now be good for a few more waves of ships, though with as many as I buy, I fully expect to need another at some point.

Plano732FTO610.jpg

http://www.saboldesigns.net/motorpool.html

I was originally using this for other minis, but i have since stopped using those and have converted it over to X-Wing.  I did need to purchase 2 replacement foam trays, but i have a FLGS that has them in stock so that made life easier.  i do also have a Stanley plastic organizer for my Focus, Evade, TL's, Pilot numbers, and the like.

Strongly recommend the BattleFoam custom builder. Just upgrade my P.A.c.K. 216 to a 432 in order to fit in my Wave 3 ships (just got an Early Stock batch consisting of 1 of each new ship)

One thing I've done with my number chits and target lock tokens is to group them with small rubber bands. I have the number chits in sets of three, and a complete set of target lock pairs from A to X. Makes it much easier to find the number you're looking for, and all you have to do is grab a target lock pair and you're good to go.

Forensicus and FriendFive like this

I like that idea with the TL tokens. I'll have to pick up some tiny dental rubber bands and see about doing that (it takes way too long to find matches).

I use Plano tackle boxes for the large ships and some craft boxes I found at Hobby Lobby for the small ones as well as my tokens. It all fits nicely with my ship card folder, playmat, and miscellaneous equipment (calculator, pencil, paper, etc.) in an Adidas backpack, and there's still a lot of room for expansion.

Large ships, two sets of maneuver templates, damage cards, bombs:

IMG_1834.jpg

Small craft and tokens:

IMG_1835.jpg

My backpack:

IMG_1836.jpg

Tokens and Miscellaneous equipment: calculator, pencils, 3x5" note cards, solo play sheets, spare rule books, quick start rules (for introducing the game to newbies), and art pens for drawing awesome diagrams (I kid; I don't know why I have those in there):

IMG_1837.jpg

Small ships and card folder (the large ships and playmat are between these two sections):

IMG_1839.jpg

It all fits neatly into the backpack, with no stress on the zippers:

IMG_1840.jpg

This is a convenient and easy to carry method for storage which is quite handy when I walk to the game store. Of course, handling the post-summer heat is another matter entirely. ;)

Edited by Millennium Falsehood

I picked up a Plano tackle box.  I like that it's less clunky to carry around, but I think it's already getting to be too small for my growing army.  We'll have issues when Wave 3 comes in for sure!!

20130909_184409.jpg

20130909_184346.jpg

20130909_184257.jpg

20130909_184251.jpg

I use this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ECQPVQ/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, once I receive Wave 3, space will be at a premium (especially for the extra large bases and the shuttles), so I may seek out a more roomy method.

Here's one side of it loaded up:

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/62747_3951685411028_1202150712_n.jpg

I carefully cut out the plastic molds for the ships so I can lay them across the compartments and still have room for bases, tiles, pegs, etc. underneath.

I also had to cut out some compartment walls to make room for storing the large bases.

After reading this thread, I looked at a few other options, then ran around to stores to get an idea of what's available and how they look/feel like in person. I was eyeing that battlefoam at first. Unfortunately, in person I could not find any good containers. I ultimately settled on this one and I just finished putting everything together. Considering I have a very small fleet and no plans to significantly expand it, I think this one will last me a good long time.

It's really customizable and isn't too bulky. The biggest problem is that I can see you starting to run out of room with several large ships or just lots of normal ones, as there aren't many large compartments.

Edited by Jokubas