Sign in to follow this  
darknoj

Toronto Canada and New York State Tournament Organizer's Read This....

Looking for a person(s) in Tornonto Canada and / or New York state who would be interested in running a series of 'satellite' tournaments.

A 'satellite' is a low buy-in tournament that awards the winner(s) an entry to a higher buy-in event tournament. The higher buy-in event in this case would take place in Ottawa Canada and hopefully send some one to GenCon or Worlds next year. Currently tournament organizer’s in Ottawa and Montreal Canada are interested in running these satellite tournaments and helping to plan / run the larger event.

We are waiting for anyone else who is interested in running the events with us before choosing firm date's for the events and establishing the cost of entry into the tournaments.

If you are interested in being part of something like this (as a tournament organizer) contact me by PM or email me at darknoj(at)gmail(dot)com.

I'm not a TO, but this makes me want to be. Wondering if I can do this. I know the guys here in NYC would be capable of running it, so I'll just link them the post, in case they haven't read it yet.

This is an awesome idea. I really, really like this idea. I was trying to think of ways to do something like this in the past (like have a $50 prize tournament every other week in NYC or something), but it seemed paltry. This is a much better idea, and I, for one, will go to all the ones in NYC, certainly, and will win one and then also win the Ottawa event.

You could always run the events wolfgang and play in them. Since their would be no rule against TO's playing in the events.  I would run and not play in the final event to ensure its fair.