Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krysmopompas

Do you always use the new KiY Act Cards from Miskatonic Horror?

5 posts in this topic

I always do, but the more I think about it if I'm only using the base game and KiY maybe I should use the original Act Cards. 

The rules said to replace the Act Cards with the new ones, but is that only for using KiY with other expansions as well?

cheers

K.

I play with the new act dynamics only when the KiY Herald / expansion is in play. I really like thematic games, and a game with Acts without KiY cards... umpf..

Hey Julia, I meant if I'm using Base + KiY + other expansion(s), I'm using the new Act Cards.

If I'm just using Base + KiY, I'm still using the new cards. But I guess I could use the original cards.

Uh, I got it now, sorry! I think the new Act cards are much more interesting than the original cards. They keep the threat alive all the time, and the price to pay to avoid an act entering play is steep but not absurd like in the original set, so the playability increases a lot, and they are strategically much more interesting. Long story short, since the new are available, I won't go with old ones

Tibs and Krysmopompas like this