Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Karlson

Voice of Isengard Discussion

534 posts in this topic

Also...on page 1 a few of you said you saw an elf that looked it could possibly be Haldir?? where is that? the only banner characters i see are Eomer, that smug orc, and the elven female

The elf that might be Haldir is here (on the top left): http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=210&esem=1&epmi=s

Woah! I just went to my own link in a new window and the picture banner totally changed to Eomer!!

Did FFG take down the man-elf and put this up instead all of a sudden??

I just saw the above posts. I guess I'm not the only crazy one...

I have a screen shot of the original shot because I left the page up from earlier...but don't know how to upload it to here.

Edited by kyrie

Although, the art on that female elf looks too good for an ally. The only other allies that I can think of off the top of my head that might even come close to that good are Haldir and Gildor... Hmm. And she looks like a spirit character for some reason, whether she's the hero or an ally.

Edited by legolas18

Hmmm very interesting and suspicious. I think my vote is going to that character (presumably Haldir) as the second hero. It's a significant individual and the removal of the image is just too much of a coincidence. I can see the conversation at FFG now: "put up a picture of the new hero as part of the banner" "ok done! What do u think?" "No! Not that hero! The one that's already revealed! Hurry and change it." "Ok sorry... There....I bet no one even notices"

I think you might be onto something Pharmboys...miscommunication and FFG not wanting to spill all the beans up front. I think Haldir is going to be amazing if it's him.

Pharmboys2013 likes this

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but this just looks like it's going to be the best expansion to date (for me at least). Everything seems to be getting better; art, theme, mechanics, etc.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but this just looks like it's going to be the best expansion to date (for me at least). Everything seems to be getting better; art, theme, mechanics, etc.

to summarize so far for those just joining we are debating who the art spoilers are on the about page. one appears to be an elf woman, and the other, which was taken down and is now eomer, was an elf man, possibly haldir.

Edited by richsabre

to summarize so far for those just joining we are debating who the art spoilers are on the about page. one appears to be an elf woman, and the other, which was taken down and is now eomer, was an elf man, possibly haldir.

Haldir would be a good guess, and as for the elf woman I think it's either a made up hero (unlikely) or just an ally (I think this is more likely).

Haldir would be a good guess, and as for the elf woman I think it's either a made up hero (unlikely) or just an ally (I think this is more likely).

possibly, though magali's masterful portrayals are usually left for heroes

Also...on page 1 a few of you said you saw an elf that looked it could possibly be Haldir?? where is that? the only banner characters i see are Eomer, that smug orc, and the elven female

The elf that might be Haldir is here (on the top left): http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=210&esem=1&epmi=s

Woah! I just went to my own link in a new window and the picture banner totally changed to Eomer!!

Did FFG take down the man-elf and put this up instead all of a sudden??

I just saw the above posts. I guess I'm not the only crazy one...

I have a screen shot of the original shot because I left the page up from earlier...but don't know how to upload it to here.

you could post it at BGG (or any image server) and link it here.

Without the context this sounds hilarious...

richsabre likes this

yes it does. ;)

the more i think about it the more i am interesting to see what is going on in the storyline. we are obviously going near lothlorien, though i think that it will not be a big part of it until it gets its own cycle.

Hopefully you find a way because I would love to see it.

The link works for me (moot now that it's posted here), In any case, yeah SG, those eyes make the mystery elf look almost....vampiric. I hope we don't go that direction.....

Okay, let me know if this link works.

Here's the original taken down image of (possibly?) Haldir: 

https://plus.google.com/photos/100491281208402269767/albums/5916925475821506753/5916925479718772786?banner=pwa&pid=5916925479718772786&oid=100491281208402269767

Nice! It worked for me. Thanks!

He has some interesting eyes.

Screen+Shot+2013-08-27+at+2.56.42+PM.png

oooooohhhhhhhhhh     awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

My guess is that the female elf is definitely a new (warrior) version of Arwen. The resemblance to previous depictions is definitely there, and she could conceivably make a trip to grandma's house and participate in some adventures on the side!