Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gryfter81

Future Inquisitor

10 posts in this topic

I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I have the Dark Heresy Core book coming soon and I plan on getting the Ascension book eventually. I would like to start out at the very beginning and eventually make it up to the rank of Inquisitor through Ascension. The question I have is can any class from Dark Heresy Core go the route of Inquisitor once I hit Ascension point (rank 8?)

As Jargal says, but remember that a character is supposed to go into Interrogator before Inquisitor, and there are certain classes that make more sense.

I would argue, for example, that a guardsman or most assassins probably won't have the skills to make a good Inquisitor as the careers focus too much on fighting and not enough on interrogation/interaction.  But if you know you are aiming for it you can probably work towards it more effectively.

Awesome. I appreciate the responses. One last question. Has anyone tried running an acolyte  with a deathwatch team? I know I'd be seriously underpowered compared to the marines but I think it would be fun. Does anyone have any experience with this?

It's hard work to GM - but it's quite real. I have a DW kill-team sometimes working alongside my players acolytes group.

Awesome. I appreciate the responses. One last question. Has anyone tried running an acolyte  with a deathwatch team? I know I'd be seriously underpowered compared to the marines but I think it would be fun. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Yes. Scimitar Squad's roster includes a permenantly seconded inquisitorial liason - in this case a Sororitas Palatine who reports to Inquisitor Ghraille.

Deathwatch is inherently a 'fighty' game, so pick carefully but an appropriately equipped inquisitor, storm trooper, battle sister or assassin can definitely hold their own with marines.

The palatine in fact tends to pull her weight a **** sight more than some of the astartes - being (a) significantly better at leading any seconded PDF/Guard units they requisition, and (b) a complete pyromaniac who is rather good at setting fire to hordes whilst giggling like a nutter.

Equally, if you have an ascension-level inquisitorial cell, a single Deathwatch marine is not unheard of. There's a Deathwatch speciality called a Kill-Marine - essentially a one-man kill team assigned to Inquisitorial teams as heavy back-up, bodyguard, and general all-round troubleshooter; much like Artemis was in the original Inquisitor game.