Sign in to follow this  
KILODEN

who votes for FFG to higher american supplier?

FFG has a hot item here. we all love this game.

but they cant keep the peices on the shelf. there has to be a better way for them to get more product to us then they are now.

if there is anything i dont like about this game, its trying to find ships.

i troll ebay, but everyone wants you first born for a Ywing.

they want all your kids for any of the gen con wave 3.

its just frustrating................... :angry:

i also visit all my favorite gaming stores online EVERY DAY, waiting, hoping, crossing my fingers and toes, that they got a batch of the ships i want in.

but everyday i am disapointed.

i feel like charlie brown waiting for the great pumpkin.

well, FFG, there is another game coming out  very soon, it has alot of fan backing as well, you might have seen their booth at gen con also, im talking about ROBOTECH TACTICS, if i have the cash and there are no ships to be had, i just might be spending my clams on another game........just sayin.....

I am fine with there supplier, it means I can afford to assemble a massive fleet.  With them changing to an american supplier it would most likely mean a very hefty price increase.  I would however like them to drastically increase there inventory as it seems very clear the game is a success.

I talked to some of the FFG guys at GenCon, they have been ordering increased numbers of ships, they're coming, just takes a little while. I'm just as impatient as you guys, and just having them acknowledge the fact that they can't keep up was reassuring, from a certain point of view!

My point of veiw is grubby mynocs are buying ip inventory at or below msrp and then selling them on ebay for twice what they are worth.

Here's a scenario.

I was watching an ebay auction. Total msrp was around $150

It said BO or buy it now. I offered $120.

He declined and said it was worth alot more than that.

Since when is used stuff equal to or more expensive than brand new items that are still in production?

They are creating a black market for this game

Its frustrating to see people so desperate they pay $30 for a ywing.

Is a ywing really worth $30?

I have to stop or I will just keep ranting.........

I would however like them to drastically increase there inventory as it seems very clear the game is a success.

That's not necessarily true, especially if moving to a new supplier means re-working all of the existing quality control processes and re-tooling the whole line.  It could be quite a painful drought switching suppliers mid-stream.

You would think that in this day and age that manufacturing something in your own country WOULD be the cheapest option. But alas! our country with it's greed cannot compete with third world countries using slave and child labor to make what we here in America wear, drive , and even our toys have to be built elsewhere just so greedy boards and ceo's  can keep their bonuses and fat checks. BUT I digress. lets keep it cheap cause I am not one of those ceo's or corporate board members. I actually have to work for the pittance I get. and lets focus on getting FFG to increase their order sizes so we can flood the market and keep the rif raf from gouging us on ebay and other sites.

Wow, drink cool-aid much?

Did you consider that maybe, just maybe, labor is more expensive in the USA because our standard of living is so much higher and nobody is willing to work for so little?  Or that maybe our labor can demand higher wages because on average they have more education, more freedom to choose where to work, and are in a country that has excellent infrastructure that has to be paid in part by taxes on their labor?  It is also pretty funny to see you complain that US "greed" is the reason we are unwilling to use slave and/or child labor.  Give me that sort of greed any day.

What you consider a pittance is easily in the top 10% income worldwide, and your personal wealth / standard of living would put you firmly in the top 1%.  So its pretty strange to see someone so unbelievably rich and spoiled compared to pretty much anybody from any time period complaining.  

Lets just say I find your lack of perspective....disturbing.

wooh there boys....... lets cool our thrusters.

we can all agree corprate greed has ruined this country as much as the lazyness of most of its people.

the only reason slave labor in some countries thrive is because of our demand.

we are as much to blame for buying it as the corporations who encourage it for their wealth.

now lets get back to the game........

wooh there boys....... lets cool our thrusters.

we can all agree corprate greed has ruined this country as much as the lazyness of most of its people.

the only reason slave labor in some countries thrive is because of our demand.

we are as much to blame for buying it as the corporations who encourage it for their wealth.

now lets get back to the game........

Best.post.all.day

Having played Wings of Glory since it was Wings of War and FFG was the U.S. distributor I can tell you this is nothing new.  FFG is notorious for not keeping enough inventory on hand to satisfy demand and misjudging the market.  At one point certain WoW planes that are about the same price point as X-wing were selling for over $100.  

I realize inventory sitting on shelves is lost profit, but come on guys you have the frigging SW license, put your big boy pants on and invest in some inventory to satisfy demand.  I can forgive it happening once with wave1, but by now you have to realize you have a hot item on your hand

Edited by afilter

someone said it best here, but i can't find the post to quote...

FAST

GOOD

CHEAP

...pick two

counter point:

Games-workshop

Wizards of the Coast

anyway i would presume that the person in charge of manufacturing and inventory has really bad common sense that or has a MBA :P

seriously, when the first 2 wave of products supply doesn't meet the required demand you would think that they would double or maybe even triple their original output.

You assemble Games Workshop products yourself. Besides, that's Fast and Good right there, just not complete.

And have you Seen Wiz-Kid's efforts on Attack Wing? I'd expect as much out of Tonka Toys! They may be fast, but not necessarily good... or cheap. Have fun justifying dropping $15 on a one-inch model of the TOS Enterprise.

To the topic, I guess I can't gripe about my own supply woes because everything was in supply when I ordered, or I did pre-orders. I can understand the frustration of no supply available because I did have to wait on my last pair of A-Wings. Still, I can only see the high demand as a good sign for FFG, and so long as the manufacturing process isn't too lengthy and complicated for the game I can see this being another main source of revenue for the company (after Netrunner). If it is, we can expect to see the game continue to expand and thrive and that is good news.

Edited by Norsehound

On the topic of Robotech, I plan on trying that too.  However, I refuse to call it that.  It's Macross to me.  Always will be.  Hikaru Ichijo, Roy Fokker, and the rest of the the Skulls versus the Zentraedi menace.

From what I have seen of the sculpts and gameplay, it looks pretty neat.  I used to play the RPG back in the old days.  It'll be interesting to see the price points.  I have seen the Gencon promos on e-bay and ran away screaming due to what people wanted for them.

My point of veiw is grubby mynocs are buying ip inventory at or below msrp and then selling them on ebay for twice what they are worth.

Here's a scenario.

I was watching an ebay auction. Total msrp was around $150

It said BO or buy it now. I offered $120.

He declined and said it was worth alot more than that.

Since when is used stuff equal to or more expensive than brand new items that are still in production?

They are creating a black market for this game

Its frustrating to see people so desperate they pay $30 for a ywing.

Is a ywing really worth $30?

I have to stop or I will just keep ranting.........

Depends what you mean by "worth".  In strict capitalist terms, "worth" is whatever someone is prepared to pay for it, which is not necessarily the supplier's price tag.  Since the Y-Wings are very rare ATM, scarcity drives the asking price up. If someone actually is paying $30 for Y-Wings then that absolutely is what they are worth for now, at least unless supply issues are resolved.

Also, just because ebayers have raised the asking price to reflect scarcity, it doesn't mean anyone is taking them up at that level.

By comparison, in the UK the "standard" price for X-Wing ships (when in stock at a regular store) is something like US$20.  Would you pay that much when the US list price isn't an option? 

I am fine with there supplier, it means I can afford to assemble a massive fleet.  With them changing to an american supplier it would most likely mean a very hefty price increase.  I would however like them to drastically increase there inventory as it seems very clear the game is a success.

Exactly. Fast. Good. Cheap. Pick two. If you want American made, be prepared to pay $35 for a Y-Wing. Union costs and all.

counter point:

Games-workshop

Wizards of the Coast

Counter-Counter point:

Games-Workshop is not cheep.  Not when you pay $675 for a SM company...

WotC wasn't very cheep either when it first came out.  $5 for 5 cards in some expanions is hardly what I considered cheep at the time.

Ok. Now we are rolling. This is what I wanted to see. People talking enough in this thread that FFG would have to listen to demand. Its star wars. Other than star trek(blasphemy) what other sci fi world has this much popularity through generations?

This game is awesome because its star wars and then even better because its gameplay rocks. You have to pay attention to demand or u risk losing people to other great games.

I stopped buying40k stuff to buy xwing. 40k costs almost that much to field an army these days. That's also why I got into the robotech kickstarter. I want an affirdable game. But I don't want to wait for my miniaturrs

To put a different spin on this . . .

From my perspective, I'm actually enjoying the fact that they're scarce for several reasons. First, it makes finding new minis a much more satisfying process, because when I've waited for something for so long, it's a sweet victory indeed to find it. Then there's the fact that you really don't need very many ships in this game to begin with. A fleet of 10-15 ships per side, in the currently available waves, is really enough when you think about it. 20 ships per side is pushing it. So scarcity hardly means you're unable to play the game with a decent fleet. Finally, I'd much rather have cheap miniatures which look great but are hard to come by rather than either expensive, but good and available; or cheap and available, but crappy. I'm on a very limited budget, and can barely afford three or four minis a month.

I'll go out on a limb here and say I'm pretty sure that FFG isn't going to be willing to even consider uprooting and moving the production of their entire line of games (which seem to be doing rather well) because 20 people are bitching on the internet.

Jim

squeeky wheel gets the greese man.

if we whine long enough and loud enough, mabey they will have their current supplier make more.

thats my point