Yea, rough loss for the community. I enjoyed his narration of the progression series videos...doubly disappointing as tho unless I heard incorrectly on the cotr podcast, it seems as tho the progression series will no longer be continuing in his absence

Great.... Just when they were getting to the cool Nightmare Mode Videos.  Glaurung, its up to you now.  Your the only person who releases videos of the game left. (Well Tracker but he hasn't in a while). Can I please have a video of THFG, CATC and AJTR Nightmare please when you get them? That would be the most awesome thing ever :) 

To be honest i dont look they video anymore since they a boring a lot. They never great some exiting situations and all the time speak they same words and almost every video copy each other.

Yes i  will get 2Npach next week and sure will make some video. Also im already done AOO but to be honest this quest a bit disappointed........

im so angry on last 2 quests so i decide not to buy BOG and skip for MV.  I never think this can happen with me  but the game doesn provide enough challenge for me so i get really bored. What a point to buy new quest which one you win from first attempt without any problem? 

I buy Fortune and Glory now and looking for the Edrich Horror in Cristmas. 

So if FFG want to keep veterans they must give us NM straight away.

To be honest i dont look they video anymore since they a boring a lot. They never great some exiting situations and all the time speak they same words and almost every video copy each other.

it's not our fault we won so handily.  :P

oh wait...or is it?!

i'd say using the same deck for every video - like you did - is boring.

but to each his own!

Edited by Dain Ironfoot

it's not our fault we win so handily.  :P

oh wait...or is it?!

NM is only thing what can save my interest to tis game. I never think i can stop play any LOTR card game (before they dies and i stop play since there  no packs anymore) looks like it will be first one.  

Art is amazing i love to look on the cards  but now often the game dont deserve time to prepare the game to play. You put all this cards and win on the second round. Boooooolshit!!!!!! Can look my new video on youtube about AOO which one i upload now.. So cool disappoint.  

oh wait...or is it?!

NM is only thing what can save my interest to tis game. I never think i can stop play any LOTR card game (before they dies and i stop play since there  no packs anymore) looks like it will be first one.  

Art is amazing i love to look on the cards  but now often the game dont deserve time to prepare the game to play. You put all this cards and win on the second round. Boooooolshit!!!!!! Can look my new video on youtube about AOO which one i upload now.. So cool disappoint.  

yeah, this cycle has been bad.

i do think the black riders quests are all tougher - but you'll probably think that are too easy, as well.

oh wait...or is it?!

I think you need to check yourself.

Your hyperbolic negativity and crassness are unwelcome. Express your opinion, but don't be belligerent and condescending. Otherwise, give up on the game and the forum. 

oh wait...or is it?!

I think you need to check yourself.

Your hyperbolic negativity and crassness are unwelcome. Express your opinion, but don't be belligerent and condescending. Otherwise, give up on the game and the forum. 

Keep your advice for you. I do what i wont and speak what i wont. I play this game from begin and do a a lot for this game too.

So i have rights to talk what i think and where is my mood and my mind.  And you too  But dont tell people what to do and what to say. Other wise you can take your advice for youself with the same success. thank you

Hey this is really bad news. I hope there are no health issues involved and both Mitch and Matthew are doing fine. I just recently discovered the Progression series videos, but really love them and have been watching them avidly. They really do a great job and put so much time and effort in this. Hopefully, they find the time, energy and motivation to continue this wonderful video series.

Glaurung's the best, He's tough and he likes tough scenarios and wants tough player cards. And he wants the paper they're printed on to be tough as well. He also wants the packs to be tough, so tough that he can hardly open them without a pneumatic hammer...oh and I guess his postman has to be tough as well...so tough that he must wrestle his mail out of him every time he receives anything, so next time they'll send a battallion of postmen to create an epic scenario where he needs to recreate the battle of hastings in his own home and win it with only the payer cards from half a core set, or otherwise he won't get his mail...So you guys shut up cuz he's too tough for you ! Especially you Samwise Gamgee ! How dare you speak to him ? You're not tough enough !......meeh...

Glaurung's the best, He's tough and he likes tough scenarios and wants tough player cards. And he wants the paper they're printed on to be tough as well. He also wants the packs to be tough, so tough that he can hardly open them without a pneumatic hammer...oh and I guess his postman has to be tough as well...so tough that he must wrestle his mail out of him every time he receives anything, so next time they'll send a battallion of postmen to create an epic scenario where he needs to recreate the battle of hastings in his own home and win it with only the payer cards from half a core set, or otherwise he won't get his mail...So you guys shut up cuz he's too tough for you ! Especially you Samwise Gamgee ! How dare you speak to him ? You're not tough enough !......meeh...

5+ Love clever people! Suunds creative specially about postman's. Cool!

ROFL

Unfortunately I have to agree in some points with Glaurung. The Progression Series, how it began, was a great idea and a great experience. The fist videos have been a lot of fun, Mitch & Matthew discussed possible theories, fears and rule questions. But the more and more the time proceeded, the videos got extremely matter-of-fact. Where are the emotions, where is what I experience every day when I play LOTR with my friend?

Mitch cut out every discussion, every other problem or mistake or correcting of it they made was cut out. As a result what remained was an extremely boring video, very strict, a little bit like "we have to win it by any means, we cant do mistakes". From what I heared in over 50 episodes of Progression Series Mitch comes to me as a person who has a great "Ego", which makes it also difficult to identify with the host. Many times Matthew suffered by no card draw, poor ressources, while Mitch was a wealthy man and almost never came to the idea to share his ressources or card draw ability with Matthew. Absolutely logical suggestions of Matthew are usually answered with a "well, lets see".

Honestly Matthew, I dont know, why you let yourself control so much. At least in the Player card reviews you are allowed to have an own opinion.

To put it in a nutshell: I am sad not to hear or see anything more of Mattew, but sad that Mitch has gone? Not really.

Strongly disagree with the overfreudian opinion about Progression Series above. Watching it was a great experience to me and I'd like to express my great appreciation for Mitch and Matthew. Keep up the good work!

On the other side, I must admit that Mitch's withdrawal from the Podcast team has seemed inevitable to me for quite some time.

I liked Mitch, he was a bit like a character out of a sitcom or something, and he was always so extremely polite it was entertaining. But it really strikes me as odd how he just left, no wave of good-bye or some explanation, no nothing. He's just gone. It feels kinda rude on his part, but oh well, who knows why he left, I'm sure he had his reasons. But it's still a great loss for the community.

I am Matthew, by the way.

And I'm working on keeping the Progression Series alive - albeit in a modified format.

Mitch was the editing guru - and I have no clue how to edit videos. So, provided I can figure it out, I'll be producing content soon!

The goal is to have rotating co-hosts (I think) picking up where we left off (and probably only doing scenario play throughs). Since I have no desire to edit 15 hours per video, I will most likely minimally edit the raw footage and a lot of what got cut out before (as some previous posters mentioned) would stay in.

I, too, hope for a more "human" feel.

I'll keep everyone up to date on my endeavor!

P.S. Mitch is doing fine; after nearly 2 years on the podcast, life has just pulled him in different directions.

Brian from the podcast here. I hope no one takes it as any sort of slight or a rude act on Mitch's part to not say good bye. As I'm sure you can imagine, there was certainly background discussion on this topic, and it just made more sense for Mitch to take off rather than taking time out of his busy schedule to jump in and record with us just to say good bye.

Everybody at COTR is sad to see him go, but we're going to keep a close eye on him (two eyes) to let everybody know what he's up to next so you can all follow along. Mitch's has great taste in games, so I know that I personally will want to check out what game he finds next.

As for COTR, I hope you all continue to enjoy the show as it is! We understand if it's not your bag, but... well... too bad! :)