OggDude

Another Character Generator

Hey.

I m currently working a bit at the (ger) language-file and discovered something, interesting for me.

The source is: "ctlInitiative". With entries like:

"Enter PC and NPC Cool/Vigilance Rolls here"or

"Order the rolls by precedence and check PC or NPC in the proper rank"

But I don't have a clue where to find it in @OggDude's tools... Maybe you could help me.

4 hours ago, Rememberry said:

Hey.

I m currently working a bit at the (ger) language-file and discovered something, interesting for me.

The source is: "ctlInitiative". With entries like:

"Enter PC and NPC Cool/Vigilance Rolls here"or

"Order the rolls by precedence and check PC or NPC in the proper rank"

But I don't have a clue where to find it in @OggDude's tools... Maybe you could help me.

It's printed on the encounter sheet when you check the option to include initiative.

On 6/12/2019 at 6:43 AM, penpenpen said:

A quick question if anyone wants to help: When making an attachment with the data editor, how do you go about adding something like "Set Cumbersome to 3 if lower, otherwise add Cumbersome +1."?

Also, I can't work out how to make a weapon attachment add a boost die to checks with a particular skill.

You can do it with crafting improvements, but not item descriptors.  I'll see about maybe adding support for something like that in a future release.

To add a boost, just create a custom mod (base or optional), add the description, then choose "Add Boost" from the dropdown in the Die Modifiers section, then check the skill and add the count.

So I am running into a strange issue. When I am in a Specialization and I add a Talent that is next to the Reflect talent, it automatically adds check marks to Reflect and does not remove XP or allow me to unclick the check box. I'm not exactly sure when this happened but I did attempt to add some things to the generator and have removed them since. Does anyone have any ideas?  

6 hours ago, jimwallace312 said:

So I am running into a strange issue. When I am in a Specialization and I add a Talent that is next to the Reflect talent, it automatically adds check marks to Reflect and does not remove XP or allow me to unclick the check box. I'm not exactly sure when this happened but I did attempt to add some things to the generator and have removed them since. Does anyone have any ideas?  

This usually happens when you already have the talent from another source, but Reflect should be ranked, so if should allow you to purchase it multiple times. Maybe check your data editor and see if the 'ranked' radio button is selected for Reflect?

@OggDude

I don't know not how difficult it would be to implement, but I have a feature request:

It would greatly improve management of custom data and translations to be able to prioritize loading of custom data. I play the game both in English and in Brazilian Portuguese, sometimes with house rules, sometimes without. Currently, it's kind of a hassle to guarantee the correct custom data and translations are loaded properly.

For example, I have a dataset with the full translation of the Core Books into pt-br and other datasets with house rules both in en and pt-br. Since most custom data in these datasets are CustomItem (DescOnly rarely cuts it for translations), when they overlap they do not necessarily load the one I realy want. As I understand the program currently loads the one imported or created last (is this correct?). So, to make it work, I have to export/backup all datasets and reimport them in the order I want them to be loaded, which is fine if done once, but gets tiresome and prone to mistakes when you have to do that repetedly for different games.

Anyway, I know it may be something difficult to implement, but asking does not hurt. Thank's in advance for taking this into consideration, whether possible to implement or not. And your work rocks!

Cheers,