Jump to content
OggDude

Another Character Generator

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Rogues Rule said:

Hi Ogg,

I think I found a small mistake/bug with the lightly armored hull attachment (starship crafting).

In the book it has 2 "Increase passenger capacity by one Mods".

The character generator says in the description 2 "Increase passenger capacity by silhouette Mods", but what it actually does is 2 "Increase passenger capacity by 100 Mods" and I ended up with +200 passengers on a very small ship 😉

So Tardis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Malashim said:

In my USM Talz don't have a natural weapon so their crit rating is 5 what means that there is no error.

They've always had them on mine.

I recreated the same PC as a Trandoshan as well, then tried both species as Martial Artists, but I'm still getting the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 7:08 AM, Krash Mavrek said:

Hi Dude, your app is amazing and it's been great watching it grow over the years, our group would be totally lost without you! 🙇‍♀️

The Innate Weapons for species like Trandoshans and Talz don't seem to be showing the correct critical rating on the character sheet.

I've got a Talz - Steel Hand Adept PC and with the 2 ranks of Iron Body, his unarmed crit rating should be 1, but it's not picking this up and showing it as 3, then goes back to the standard 5 when i take the talent away.

I thought this was odd as you mention it in your patch notes, but at least for me, it was fine before the 2.3.2 release so don't know if I'm doing something wrong now?

I had restructured and simplified the code that modifies the standard unarmed "weapon".  Unfortunately, I didn't do it quite right and left something out.  It'll work in the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rogues Rule said:

Hi Ogg,

I think I found a small mistake/bug with the lightly armored hull attachment (starship crafting).

In the book it has 2 "Increase passenger capacity by one Mods".

The character generator says in the description 2 "Increase passenger capacity by silhouette Mods", but what it actually does is 2 "Increase passenger capacity by 100 Mods" and I ended up with +200 passengers on a very small ship 😉

Double-whammy :)  It has the correct optional mod now.  The silhouette mod was actually increasing by encumbrance capacity, not silhouette.  Fixed that too.

They'll both be in the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of opening up some options on the character sheet printout?  Mine has a whole lot of white space for notes and I've love to be able to pull out sections or even re-arrange what section follows what.  It looks like they're all little self contained modules.  For example, make the attributes block come before the characteristics block on the front page, or move the description block to the first page, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ahrimon said:

Any chance of opening up some options on the character sheet printout?  Mine has a whole lot of white space for notes and I've love to be able to pull out sections or even re-arrange what section follows what.  It looks like they're all little self contained modules.  For example, make the attributes block come before the characteristics block on the front page, or move the description block to the first page, etc.

Those white space as I understand it are to keep sections together. so you dont end up with the same section being needlessly on 2 pages.

What I wish is if I could stick notes into those notes fields...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

Those white space as I understand it are to keep sections together. so you dont end up with the same section being needlessly on 2 pages.

What I wish is if I could stick notes into those notes fields...

I've had sheets come up with a large amount of white space that could fit some of the other sections.  Being able to re-arrange the order would be nice as well.  Since the sheet is capable of changing based on selected styles I thought that having a little sidebar that let you select the pieces you wanted and change their order would be nice.  Then if a particular section would be too big for one page, they could just drop in a notes section to fill in that empty space and that section would start on the next page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been adding some of the new books, talents in particular and have found that I cannot accurately input the talents because all of them I add are passive even when I set them otherwise.  Also, cannot get Force Talent to stay selected.  Any help would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @OggDudeI have most of the NPCs from ROTS created in the GM Tools and all the vehicles inputted into the Data Editor as of last night. These were done for my own reference so are missing a few details (like page references) but it occurred to me that I could tidy these up and add the missing details if you'll find these useful for a future release, unless you already have these done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EE-z98 said:

I have been adding some of the new books, talents in particular and have found that I cannot accurately input the talents because all of them I add are passive even when I set them otherwise.  Also, cannot get Force Talent to stay selected.  Any help would be appreciated.

 

Ogg mentioned a few posts up that this was a bug and would be corrected in the next release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been looking for a way to create PDFs or handouts for individual planets so that I can flesh out where my character came from.  I used this program for my character sheet, but didn't see any way to flesh out the planet that she's from.  I saw it mentioned (somewhere around page 200-250) that something like that might have been considered at one point.  Has anything like that been in the works?  I checked in the GM Tools in the program, but that's more for creating the people and ships that the players may face, rather than the planets that they might visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pawnnolonger said:

Would it be easy to set it so a GM could allow universal specs as a first spec?

Trouble with that is that you kinda have to have a Career (for Career skills, access to a Signature Ability, etc) and Universal specs aren't attached to a career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pawnnolonger said:

Would it be easy to set it so a GM could allow universal specs as a first spec?

With about 10 minutes and the data editor you can go through and add all of the universal specs to the different careers.  That would allow it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kualan said:

Hey @OggDudeI have most of the NPCs from ROTS created in the GM Tools and all the vehicles inputted into the Data Editor as of last night. These were done for my own reference so are missing a few details (like page references) but it occurred to me that I could tidy these up and add the missing details if you'll find these useful for a future release, unless you already have these done?

I just got the book today, so yeah, if you have the adversaries, it would save me a lot of time.  I still have to get through Cyphers and Masks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OggDude said:

I just got the book today, so yeah, if you have the adversaries, it would save me a lot of time.  I still have to get through Cyphers and Masks.

I am sending you a data file for the Jedi Career that I have so far. Including the first 2 rows of the master and general Jedi Career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OggDude said:

I just got the book today, so yeah, if you have the adversaries, it would save me a lot of time.  I still have to get through Cyphers and Masks.

I'll get them over to you some time this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of this weekend... It's KublaCon weekend here in the Bay Area.  I'll be running "Echoes of the Past" once again, Saturday at 10AM.  So, if you're going to the con, sign up and have some Star Wars fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OggDude said:

Speaking of this weekend... It's KublaCon weekend here in the Bay Area.  I'll be running "Echoes of the Past" once again, Saturday at 10AM.  So, if you're going to the con, sign up and have some Star Wars fun!

Seriously, there a convention named Kubla Con? This isn’t just you pulling our legs? 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ddbrown30 said:

Is there a place where I can watch for new releases? What about a central location for patch notes? This thread tends to be quite active and noisy, so it's not great for hearing news.

Install the web install version. New updates will be offered for install when they are available when the program is started. Patch notes get a post here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my GM has a few house rules that grant us a bit of bonus experience/skills at character creation, does the Allow GM Grants option allow me to jailbreak the various limits? For example say our GM says we get 6 career skills instead of the base 4? Also I’m slightly confused in regards to the Obligation options. I have a Bounty Obligation at 10 but the Obligation options only open up for the 5 XP levels, even if I change my Obligation ranks or the starting group size limit. Can somebody explain this to me please? Thank you all very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr_Badger1138 said:

So my GM has a few house rules that grant us a bit of bonus experience/skills at character creation, does the Allow GM Grants option allow me to jailbreak the various limits? For example say our GM says we get 6 career skills instead of the base 4?

You can change that in the data editor.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Badger1138 said:

 

Also I’m slightly confused in regards to the Obligation options. I have a Bounty Obligation at 10 but the Obligation options only open up for the 5 XP levels, even if I change my Obligation ranks or the starting group size limit. Can somebody explain this to me please? Thank you all very much.

To take the +10 XP option, you have to take a total Obligation of 20 pts (10 standard, plus 10 you'd get from the option). That's for a starting Obligation of 20 (the default for 4 PCs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...