OggDude

Another Character Generator

18 hours ago, Jareth Valar said:

Just went to add a custom item to one of my players and the bottom screen for the "Current Item" ALL Brawl/Melee Weapons are showing and adding Defensive 1. The base description at the top right corner is showing correctly.  Finished the item just to be sure and it does indeed add Defensive 1.

Not sure what your problem is?

On 5/15/2019 at 4:40 AM, Mr_Badger1138 said:

Hi, I’m brand new to the generator and was wondering just how easy is it to add things like speciality trees into the database? I’m hoping to play a Retired Clone Trooper but I see OggDude hasn’t managed to get to Dawn Of Rebellion yet. Can somebody walk me through it or would it just be easier to be patient and wait until OggDude adds it? Thank you very kindly.

it is easy. Start by entering the talents. Then you create the career then ad the specialization. You can probably do it in about 20 minutes.

2 hours ago, OggDude said:

Not sure what your problem is?

When creating a new item, the program is assigning Defensive 1 to all melee/brawl weapons regardless of specific weapon.

The above was written half asleep and was to just mention that the descriptor of the base weapon is correct but the current item is not (by adding Defensive 1 to all)

Sorry for the confusion.

2 minutes ago, Jareth Valar said:

When creating a new item, the program is assigning Defensive 1 to all melee/brawl weapons regardless of specific weapon.

The above was written half asleep and was to just mention that the descriptor of the base weapon is correct but the current item is not (by adding Defensive 1 to all)

Sorry for the confusion.

Ah... your character probably has the Defensive Training talent.

5 hours ago, OggDude said:

Ah... your character probably has the Defensive Training talent.

😶..........................😔 Stupid. 😅

Thanks.

Still having an issue with Lightsaber skill in the GM Tools. I'll make an NPC as a character and choose a Lightsaber Style. The regular character sheet will show correct, but if I go into the GM Tools and view them there, it will always revert Lightsabers to Brawn. Hopefully this one is just as much my error than an actual issue.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:23 PM, Kilcannon said:

Yes you can in the data editor just add new specialization and make your tree.  If the tree has new homebrew talents then in data editor go to talents and make new talents then select them in new specialization.

When adding custom talents (from a new Sourcebook) when they display on the talent Specialization Tree it shows the entire description including the headers and all text I typed. Where do you edit the "abridged" description as it appears in the talent trees?

@OggDude

Greetings!

I just received an answer to a question that I had about the Ewok's Low-Tech User trait (Allies & Adversaries).

It says that you can spend 10 XP to remove this trait. Unlike the Dressellian (from Stay On Target) that requires this XP to be spent from Starting XP, the Ewok can use Earned XP to remove Low-Tech User.

Just thought you should know!

(And keep being Awesome!)

😊

Hi all,

I've been away from the game for a while, and without sifting though hundreds of posts, could someone please let me know which of the current FFG books are not in the current release (so by default, letting me know which are), and if there is a repository of files for importing published data into the system (such as there used to be on BigTent)?

Hope that's not a problem to ask?

Thanks

Looking at the Jawa species traits from Allies & Adversaries...anyone know of a way to modify the species traits (or manually adjust) to allow Negotiation to be based off Cunning rather than Presence? Can't think of another species that replicates an ability like this.

3 hours ago, Darth Pizza said:

Hi all,

I've been away from the game for a while, and without sifting though hundreds of posts, could someone please let me know which of the current FFG books are not in the current release (so by default, letting me know which are), and if there is a repository of files for importing published data into the system (such as there used to be on BigTent)?

Hope that's not a problem to ask?

Thanks

I beleive we are up to knights of fate. And unlimited power and cyphers and masks  dawn of rebellion and rise of the seperatists needed to be added. 

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Ok, after one hour of basically destroying all of my custom stuff, emptying all of my characters to find the culprit.. I've found it.. Its tinkerer. I didnt even realize that it gives me this error even in old versions.. So.. Thing is, character has modder spec, if I get tinkerer and use it, for example, in a cortosis shield.. Error.. If I deactivate tinkerer, it works.. Weird. Even creating a brand new character, giving him a holdout blaster and then buying the modder spec and then the tinkerer talent, triggers the error! Something fishy going on!

Get this error on GM tools after opening, don't know what is going on.. Using last version!

See the end of this message for details on invoking 

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SWCharGen.DescriptionProcessing.GetCharTalentDescription(CharTalent ctal, Adversary adv)
   at SWCharGen.DescriptionProcessing.GetAdversarySummary(Adversary adv, Int32 start, Boolean showDesc)
   at SWCharGen.DescriptionProcessing.GetAdversaryStatBlock(Adversary adv, Boolean showPC, Boolean showDesc, Boolean showName)
   at SWCharGen.EditAdversaries.CharShowinfo(Adversary adv)
   at SWCharGen.EditAdversaries.dvgCharacters_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetSelectedRowCore(Int32 rowIndex, Boolean selected)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetSelectedElementCore(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean selected)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SortInternal(IComparer comparer, DataGridViewColumn dataGridViewColumn, ListSortDirection direction)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.Sort(DataGridViewColumn dataGridViewColumn, ListSortDirection direction)
   at SWCharGen.EditAdversaries.SetAdversaries(Adversary seladv)
   at SWCharGen.EditAdversaries.cmbCategories_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edited by wolfsilver00
Investigated some stuff

12 hours ago, Tweedledope said:

Looking at the Jawa species traits from Allies & Adversaries...anyone know of a way to modify the species traits (or manually adjust) to allow Negotiation to be based off Cunning rather than Presence? Can't think of another species that replicates an ability like this.

Check out the Shistavanin   They can use survival for initiative. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, wolfsilver00 said:

Get this error on GM tools after opening, don't know what is going on.. Using last version!

Hide contents

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SWCharGen.DescriptionProcessing.GetCharTalentDescription(CharTalent ctal, Adversary adv)
   at SWCharGen.DescriptionProcessing.GetAdversarySummary(Adversary adv, Int32 start, Boolean showDesc)
   at SWCharGen.DescriptionProcessing.GetAdversaryStatBlock(Adversary adv, Boolean showPC, Boolean showDesc, Boolean showName)
   at SWCharGen.EditAdversaries.dvgCharacters_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetSelectedRowCore(Int32 rowIndex, Boolean selected)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetSelectedElementCore(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean selected)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SetAndSelectCurrentCellAddress(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean setAnchorCellAddress, Boolean validateCurrentCell, Boolean throughMouseClick, Boolean clearSelection, Boolean forceCurrentCellSelection)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SortInternal(IComparer comparer, DataGridViewColumn dataGridViewColumn, ListSortDirection direction)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.Sort(DataGridViewColumn dataGridViewColumn, ListSortDirection direction)
   at SWCharGen.EditAdversaries.cmbCategories_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have been getting something similar

Also the Jedi holocron group resource only lists the new holocrons from Unlimited Power are listed in the drop down. none of the core book ones are there anymore.

Edited by Daeglan

14 hours ago, Tweedledope said:

You can do it.  First, add a talent:

<Talent>
    <Key>CLEVERNEG</Key>
    <Name>Clever Negotiators</Name>
    <Description>
      Please see page xx of the Allies and Adversaries Sourcebook for details.
    </Description>
    <Source Page="xx">Allies and Adversaries</Source>
    <Ranked>false</Ranked>
    <ActivationValue>taPassive</ActivationValue>
    <SkillChars>
      <SkillChar>
        <SkillKey>NEG</SkillKey>
        <CharKey>CUN</CharKey>
      </SkillChar>
    </SkillChars>
  </Talent>

Then add the talent to your Jawa species.  You'll need to choose Cunning using the "Talent Choices" button on the Species pane.

14 hours ago, Daeglan said:

I beleive we are up to knights of fate. And unlimited power and cyphers and masks  dawn of rebellion and rise of the seperatists needed to be added. 

Unlimited Power is in the current version.  I'm working on Cyphers and Masks right now.  Still have Droids and Vehicles to go, then I should be ready.

2 hours ago, wolfsilver00 said:

EDIT: Ok, after one hour of basically destroying all of my custom stuff, emptying all of my characters to find the culprit.. I've found it.. Its tinkerer. I didnt even realize that it gives me this error even in old versions.. So.. Thing is, character has modder spec, if I get tinkerer and use it, for example, in a cortosis shield.. Error.. If I deactivate tinkerer, it works.. Weird. Even creating a brand new character, giving him a holdout blaster and then buying the modder spec and then the tinkerer talent, triggers the error! Something fishy going on!

Reveal hidden contents

This will be fixed in the upcoming release.  It's not an issue with Tinkerer per se, but rather the routine that displays talent descriptions.  For any talent that adds HP to something, the description method was assuming the talent was coming from a character, rather than an adversary.  So when displaying an adversary with Tinkerer, the character reference is null, hence the error.

2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

I have been getting something similar

Also the Jedi holocron group resource only lists the new holocrons from Unlimited Power are listed in the drop down. none of the core book ones are there anymore.

I still see them.  Maybe the filter is turned off, or you have a custom data issue.

15 minutes ago, OggDude said:

Unlimited Power is in the current version.  I'm working on Cyphers and Masks right now.  Still have Droids and Vehicles to go, then I should be ready.

@OggDude

Hi dude, I love your app and your commitment to it.

I just got Cyphers and the two Era books and was wondering if you need any help with adding the data from the books.

I would just like to add my appreciation to Belik's, this is an awesome piece of work and the fact that you keep updating it is very much appreciated. I never use any other method to create characters if I can help it.

E

13 hours ago, OggDude said:

This will be fixed in the upcoming release.  It's not an issue with Tinkerer per se, but rather the routine that displays talent descriptions.  For any talent that adds HP to something, the description method was assuming the talent was coming from a character, rather than an adversary.  So when displaying an adversary with Tinkerer, the character reference is null, hence the error.

Ooh thanks for the clarification, I will wait then, in the mean time, is there any way to disable PCs from appearing in the GM tools as adversaries? So I can use the GM tools adversaries? If not I will make another instance of the app and that will be it, quick fix.

And.. I want to ask, is there any chance you give us a way to make our own templates? I put a LOT of custom items into my game, so having templates for my players would be awesome. Also a template to make a base for individual players instead of groups (Maybe in the vehicle section, like the fortifications) would be awesome, as now I'm having to create different groups just to give my players their personal workshops and stuff.

Hi Dude, your app is amazing and it's been great watching it grow over the years, our group would be totally lost without you! 🙇‍♀️

The Innate Weapons for species like Trandoshans and Talz don't seem to be showing the correct critical rating on the character sheet.

I've got a Talz - Steel Hand Adept PC and with the 2 ranks of Iron Body, his unarmed crit rating should be 1, but it's not picking this up and showing it as 3, then goes back to the standard 5 when i take the talent away.

I thought this was odd as you mention it in your patch notes, but at least for me, it was fine before the 2.3.2 release so don't know if I'm doing something wrong now?

Hi Ogg,

I think I found a small mistake/bug with the lightly armored hull attachment (starship crafting).

In the book it has 2 "Increase passenger capacity by one Mods".

The character generator says in the description 2 "Increase passenger capacity by silhouette Mods", but what it actually does is 2 "Increase passenger capacity by 100 Mods" and I ended up with +200 passengers on a very small ship 😉