OggDude

Another Character Generator

And lo, in an age of darkness and uncertainty, the saviour did return!  Welcome back @OggDude ! Some fellow GMs and I have already entered in Fully Operational, Dawn of Rebellion, Unlimited Power, and working on Knights of Fate stuff right now. Would providing this data set be useful?

Thanks everyone!  What I'm going to do is a pre-release of 2.3, just in ZIP format.  Go ahead and play around with it a bit and let me know what you find wrong with it.  In particular, please look at the vehicle crafting (vehicle pane, "Craft Vehicle" button), as Crafting has the most changes for this release.

Pre-Release 2.3

You can download the pre-release here.  Once I get all the kinks out of it, I'll put it up as an official release.

New/Changed Data:

• Added all new information from "Fully Operational", including species, specializations, talents, equipment and vehicles, motivations, backgrounds, signature abilities, attachments, etc.
  • Added all new droids from "Fully Operational", both as adversaries and as gear, which can be used to create companions.
  • Added new vehicle attachments explicitly for use with vehicle crafting.
  • Added Forged in Battle as a source for the Heavy specialization.
  • Added Age of Rebellion as a source for the Forager talent.
  • The Raquor'Daan Beastmaster adversary has been added to the Lords of Nal Hutta Import folder.
  • Removed "Sealable" from the combat armor template in the Crafting dialog, since "Sealable" can be purchased as an option.
  • Fixed formatting and spelling issue with BR-219 Heavy Blaster Pistol.
  • Modified Integrated Holsters attachment to use the new storage item feature.

New Features/Enhancements:

• Added support for vehicle crafting from "Fully Operational".  A vehicle is made up of four templates: frame, engine, hull, and assembly.  Each can be selected from the drop-downs on page 1 and 2.
  • Due to the errata of 11/17, the default defense calculation and alternate have been swapped.  So, the old way of doing it is now the default.  The only difference is that there is now a defense limit of 4.  Defense limit may be changed in GM Grants.
  • When purchasing attachments, the number of HP the attachment takes up is now displayed in the grid.
  • If you have a talent such as Resolve that allows you to suffer less strain, you are now reminded of this on the character sheet under the "Strain" box.
  • In the weapon editor, added support for vehicle weapons that may not be used to upgrade existing weapons.  This is to accomodate the new vehicle weapons in "Fully Operational".
  • Added support for weapon scale.  Non-vehicle gunnery weapons displayed in vehicles will say that they're personal scale.  Scale can also be specified explicitly for weapons and weapon modifiers as personal, planetary, personal damage/planetary range, or planetary damage/personal range, as well as not-specified.  Any weapon with an explicit scale value not the norm for the weapon type will include the scale description near the name or in the description.

Bug Fixes:

• A new feature in item attachments was causing a crash in the Data Editor when a new attachment was added.  This has been fixed.
  • The Talent Item Change feature was incorrectly applying UnarmedOnly item changes (such as from the Iron Body talent) to all weapons, instead of just unarmed.  This has been fixed.
  • In cases where a pre-existing unranked talent becomes available in a talent tree, and the selection of that talent causes another pre-existing unranked talent to become available, only the first unranked talent was automatically selected.  Now, all such talents should be automatically selected, as each selection will now check to see if other talents become available for selection.  Also, in cases where auto-selection causes a talent to become available that has already been checked (and, therefore, won't be checked again), the entire tree is now re-scanned whenever a talent is auto-selected.
  • The Overwhelm Emotion talent was not adding Force dice to the Charm, Coercion, or Deception skills.  It now does this.
  • The Stun Pulse attachment was set to work with all melee weapons.  It now only works with weapons in the Bludgeoning Brawl and Bludgeoning Melee categories.
  • In the vehicle editor, when non-vehicle Gunnery weapons were selected for the vehicle (such as repeating blasters), you'd get a warning that the silhouette was out of range if either value was 0.  It now checks for 0 limits and does not display the dialog.

46 minutes ago, OggDude said:

A new feature in item attachments was causing a crash in the Data Editor when a new attachment was added.  This has been fixed

Honestly.... I'm happier about this bugfix than any new bells and whistles that are added.

20 hours ago, OggDude said:

So, I'm just about done with adding Fully Operational and releasing 2.3...

No, seriously!

Hi guys.  I know, I've been away for... yikes, has it been over 5 months?  RL gets in the way of Star Wars.  I've been working quite a bit and just didn't have time until recently to upgrade the apps.  I've now been hired full-time by a company that I was sub-contracted to, and we were in the middle of a huge project that pretty much I was developing alone.  We just completed it on Friday, so I'm hoping to have more time for fun things.

Anyway, the big change for 2.3 will be vehicle crafting from Fully Operational.  It was actually a major pain to add, and it took me a couple of weeks programming an hour here and an hour there.  But it should all be working now.

I've also added everything else, including species, specs, equipment, vehicles, etc.  I basically just have to update the translation files and I should be ready for a release.  I also bought the two new FaD books I found last week at my friendly-neighborhood game store (Unlimited Power and Knights of Fate), but haven't even opened them up, to tell you the truth.

Since I've been out of this for awhile... what other books am I missing?  I haven't seen Dawn of Rebellion yet and wasn't aware it was out.  What other ones do I need to add?

Glad you guys have been keeping this thread alive :)  I can't make any promises, but I will do my best to visit here at least on a semi-regular basis.

Oggy

Tried sending this PM, but wouldn't send...odd.

Hey Ogg, welcome back! Glad real life didn't wear you too far down. Hate to hit you right away with these, but figured you'd need to know about them, though you might already.

• SE-14C blaster pistol will not show the Custom Grip attachment as possible
  • GM Adversaries are not registering the change in attribute for lightsabers (Makashi Technique, etc)
  • Iron Body is reducing the Crit rating of ALL weapons, not just unarmed
  • Integrated holsters are not adding the +4 Enc threshold nor are they allowing weapons of Enc 3 or less that have been stripped down or Jury Rigged to be included (Note: checked this in the pre-release, same thing)

Just a few things I recently noticed and figured I'd save you some of the trouble of having to search the thread.

Now, not necessarily an error of the program (probably user error but...) figured I'd direct you to it.

Again, welcome back. 

Hey @OggDude ! I posted a list of bugs/mistakes a looong while back. I've taken a look at the generator and seen which have been addressed and what hasn't. Here is what I found so far:

I noticed that on the Aratech 74-Z Speeder Bike - The Forward Mounted Light Repeating Blaster is not clarified to be a personal scale weapon.

Errata: Underslung Scattergun attachment has been confirmed to have a crit rating of 5 as a base modifier, the generator lists it as 2.

Errata: 'Podracer Engine' has been amended to 'Pair of Podracer Engines'.

Errata: Improved Shortcut is now an Active (Incidental) talent. instead of a passive talent.

Errata: The Invigorate talent should be an "Active (Incidental, Out of Turn)" talent.

Errata: Bantha has had its Silhouette decreased from 3 to 2.

Errata: Darvro-Class Light Freighter's been given a sensor range of medium. Generator lists it as short as there was no entry for it.

Errata: The Gravity belt was not meant to be included in the Suns of Fortune items grid and the errata has removed it from the game. Suggest adding a note in it's write up saying "Was erratt'ed out of the game, consult with your GM before purchase."

Errata: SoroSuub "Persuader" Shock Prod previously just had "Slow Firing" it now has "Slow Firing 1".

Errata: The Chameleon Droids and Stone Guardian did not have a price and rarity in Nexus of Power. The official errata has finally given them to us: The Chameleon droid has been given a price of 4,000 credits and a rarity of 6. The Stone Guardian has been given a price of 25,000 credits and a rarity of 10.

Errata: Some NPC stat blocks have been modified in the official errata: Krash's (NPC from Mask of the Pirate Queen) leadership skill rating should be 1. Fleet Officer (NPC from Mask of the Pirate Queen, in a sidebar) Ranged (Light) skill should be 2. Saboteur Load Lifter (NPC from the AoR GM Kit) has been changed to a minion. The Blismal's (NPC from Nexus of Power, Illum) Shriek ability has been clarified to affect targets within short range and not close range.

Typo: 'Unmatched Survivability' is in the generator as 'Umatched Survivability'

Quality of Life: Weapons with the inferior quality who are then assigned the superior quality effectively cancel each other out. It recommends simply removing both qualities from the weapon.

Edge of the Empire Errata

Age of Rebellion Errata

Force and Destiny Errata

Edited by Ebak

@OggDude

The power melee crafting template can be bludgeoning or edged, but neither mono momecular edge or weighted head can go on a crafted power melee weapon. Can their be an option ticked in crafting denoting it as either edged or bludgeoning?

Also editing powered melee or creating an alternate power melee template specifying bludgeoning or edge with the data editor fails to allow either attachment.

Edited by TheShard

@OggDude

DataEditor launches smoothly, but when I go to launch the actual generator, it doesn't launch. Instead, I get this:

The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x761b5ef8.

I hope that's something you understand, and know how to fix.

EDIT TO ADD: Tried again, got this message:

The instruction at 0x727a3d4e referenced memory at 0x00002554. The memory could not be read.

Not sure what is going on. Sometimes, it just doesn't launch, no error messages.

Edited by Takeshi Yamato

@OggDude

OK, a few issues I see with the vehicle crafting, after playing around with it for a bit:

1. Integrated System can only be selected once in the generator, when I assume it's meant to be selected multiple times. Furthermore, you are unable to select attachments to add in the generator's current state. (Also, I believe weapons would count as said attachments, too)
  2. There is a sidebar in FO that says you can swap out the hull or engines of an existing vehicle/ship for a crafted component, removing the older components to free up hard points. I am not seeing any such functionality in the generator.

Hope those will be fixed in the official release.

1 minute ago, Ahrimon said:

Anyone else get an email saying bigtent was shutting down at the end of the year?

What does that have to do with the price of spice on Corellia? ??

Don't even know what bigtent is...aside from politics, but that doesn't sound right.

@OggDude Fully Operational, table 3-1 on page 71 talks about ways you can spend advantage and triumph on engineering / mechanic focused checks. The triumph result "Reverse Engineering" allows the weapon, item, vehicle or ship to gain an additional hardpoint (can only be chosen once). Might I suggest an attachment that costs 0 HPs and provides 1 additional hardpoint to the item in question?

@OggDude Unmatched Ingenuity only has one 'Quality' node type in the generator. However, the actual tree has two different quality nodes, one adds breach, the other adds the Concussive qualities.

The 'Firestar II-Class Orbital Defense Station' as presented on page 89 of Fully Operational, is missing from the generator.

The Merr-Sonn VX-A Intelligent Toolbox was already included in special modifications and now has two instances in the generator.

Detonite Charge should be set to work on the planetary range band using the new features of the generator.

Minor: Kaminoan and Skakoan's headers say 'Bith'.

Edited by Ebak

Glad you're back @OggDude!  Are there any plans to add homesteads/businesses from Far Horizons to the character generator in the future?  It seems like it would be a pain in the butt to implement, but I would sure appreciate a way to track the upgrades like we can with vehicles.

4 hours ago, Jareth Valar said:

What does that have to do with the price of spice on Corellia? ??

Don't even know what bigtent is...aside from politics, but that doesn't sound right.

It was linked earlier in the life of this thread as a community location for folks to share data that they've entered into Oggdude's awesome character builder.

7 hours ago, Takeshi Yamato said:

@OggDude

OK, a few issues I see with the vehicle crafting, after playing around with it for a bit:

1. Integrated System can only be selected once in the generator, when I assume it's meant to be selected multiple times. Furthermore, you are unable to select attachments to add in the generator's current state. (Also, I believe weapons would count as said attachments, too)
  2. There is a sidebar in FO that says you can swap out the hull or engines of an existing vehicle/ship for a crafted component, removing the older components to free up hard points. I am not seeing any such functionality in the generator.

A couple more items:

3. There is no hyperdrive attachment available, despite its appearance in the sidebar on page 82 as an option.  This lack of a hyperdrive makes anything larger than a starfighter significantly less useful. :)

4. Added mods on the engine and hull disappear when you click either Purchase or Finish.  So, your extra defense, system strain, etc fail to show up on the finished product.

Thank you for this update, OggDude, it's a huge step forward, and it's great that you are both fully employed and back to working on the generator. :)

11 hours ago, Ebak said:

Hey @OggDude ! I posted a list of bugs/mistakes a looong while back. I've taken a look at the generator and seen which have been addressed and what hasn't. Here is what I found so far:

I noticed that on the Aratech 74-Z Speeder Bike - The Forward Mounted Light Repeating Blaster is not clarified to be a personal scale weapon.

Errata: Underslung Scattergun attachment has been confirmed to have a crit rating of 5 as a base modifier, the generator lists it as 2.

Errata: 'Podracer Engine' has been amended to 'Pair of Podracer Engines'.

Errata: Improved Shortcut is now an Active (Incidental) talent. instead of a passive talent.

Errata: The Invigorate talent should be an "Active (Incidental, Out of Turn)" talent.

Errata: Bantha has had its Silhouette decreased from 3 to 2.

Errata: Darvro-Class Light Freighter's been given a sensor range of medium. Generator lists it as short as there was no entry for it.

Errata: The Gravity belt was not meant to be included in the Suns of Fortune items grid and the errata has removed it from the game. Suggest adding a note in it's write up saying "Was erratt'ed out of the game, consult with your GM before purchase."

Errata: SoroSuub "Persuader" Shock Prod previously just had "Slow Firing" it now has "Slow Firing 1".

Errata: The Chameleon Droids and Stone Guardian did not have a price and rarity in Nexus of Power. The official errata has finally given them to us: The Chameleon droid has been given a price of 4,000 credits and a rarity of 6. The Stone Guardian has been given a price of 25,000 credits and a rarity of 10.

Errata: Some NPC stat blocks have been modified in the official errata: Krash's (NPC from Mask of the Pirate Queen) leadership skill rating should be 1. Fleet Officer (NPC from Mask of the Pirate Queen, in a sidebar) Ranged (Light) skill should be 2. Saboteur Load Lifter (NPC from the AoR GM Kit) has been changed to a minion. The Blismal's (NPC from Nexus of Power, Illum) Shriek ability has been clarified to affect targets within short range and not close range.

Typo: 'Unmatched Survivability' is in the generator as 'Umatched Survivability'

Quality of Life: Weapons with the inferior quality who are then assigned the superior quality effectively cancel each other out. It recommends simply removing both qualities from the weapon.

Edge of the Empire Errata

Age of Rebellion Errata

Force and Destiny Errata

Excellent post!  Managed to fix all of them.  Thanks for doing the legwork on this.

Just now, OggDude said:

Excellent post!  Managed to fix all of them.  Thanks for doing the legwork on this.

Oh there are more which I and a few others mention later. However, I also want to reiterate: Thank you for all the hard work YOU do for this. You are the true hero in all this, we are just helping out as we can. Also, my GM friends and I have all the non-adversary stuff from Unlimited Power and Dawn of Rebellion done (working on Knights of Fate now) if that data set would be useful, I can easily send it to you.

8 hours ago, Takeshi Yamato said:

@OggDude

Integrated System was set for 1 selection only.  I took that out.  I also fixed the problem where you aren't able to select attachments.  As for weapons, you can choose to add weapons from the Vehicle pane after you craft your ship, just like for a normal vehicle.

It would be too complex to be able to re-engineer existing ships with crafting components and such.  If you really want to do something like that, I would just discuss it with your GM and create your own version of the ship.  I'll look into it, but I won't promise anything.

Just now, OggDude said:

Integrated System was set for 1 selection only.  I took that out.  I also fixed the problem where you aren't able to select attachments.  As for weapons, you can choose to add weapons from the Vehicle pane after you craft your ship, just like for a normal vehicle.

It would be too complex to be able to re-engineer existing ships with crafting components and such.  If you really want to do something like that, I would just discuss it with your GM and create your own version of the ship.  I'll look into it, but I won't promise anything.

OK, and thank you. :)

1 hour ago, SJanson said:

A couple more items:

3. There is no hyperdrive attachment available, despite its appearance in the sidebar on page 82 as an option.  This lack of a hyperdrive makes anything larger than a starfighter significantly less useful. :)

4. Added mods on the engine and hull disappear when you click either Purchase or Finish.  So, your extra defense, system strain, etc fail to show up on the finished product.

Thank you for this update, OggDude, it's a huge step forward, and it's great that you are both fully employed and back to working on the generator. :)

Just added the hyperdrive modules.  Didn't notice the sidebar before.

I made a change to built-in vehicle attachments that allows them to save their optional mods along with the vehicle.  Before, built-in attachments were limited to attachments without optional mods.