OggDude

Another Character Generator

First, a small request: please put the copy/paste of the error details within spoiler tags to avoid Wall o' Text. Thanks!

Next, there is currently a bug with customizing attachments. OggDude is aware of it, and has said that the fix will be in the next release.

Hi Folks

Anyone adding in Dawn of Rebellion Data to The Character Generator, I noticed two Mistakes and queried FFG here are the replies, thought I'd post them here for Peeps.

Question: "Hi does Formation Tactics (Improved) make the activation of formation tactics a maneuver? as it says Active (maneuver) next to activation on page 113 of Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook. Or is it a miss print and should be an action still!"

Answer: "Formation Tactics (Improved) should actually be listed as passive on page 101 and 113. We’ll get that corrected in the next reprint. Good catch and thanks for emailing us about it!"

and

Question: "Hi Is the Push Aside Active Incidental as it states on page 115 of Dawn of Rebellion or Passive as the colour code suggests on the actual tree on page 99 of Dawn of Rebellion."

Answer: "It should indeed be Active on the talent tree. We’ll get that corrected in the next reprint as well."

Regards

Aluthin

1 hour ago, LordEnforcer said:

Any idea when the Character generator will be updated to reflect the unlimited power book?

Since OggDude has been away and Unlimited Power isn’t even out until tomorrow...no.

Or, as soon as you get a copy of Unlimited Power and sit down in front of the Data Editor.

Hello Boys an Girl, sorry for my bad english :/

since tuesday i cant open the tool.  Every time i will star the chargen i become error message that told me that i have no permission to open it. Starting Luncher and Data Editor works perfectly but not the Chargen or GM Tool.

I used Kasperksy on tuesday they do an Update because of the new Privacy Policy in EU

I need this tool on Sunday for my group.

I have fix my problem

Pls can anybody help :)

fehler2.JPG

Edited by Sebulon
i have fix the issue

I’m not at home to verify, but sounds like the error that’s encountered when the download exceeds the bandwidth allowance of the host OggDude uses.

(New, long-awaited book comes out, and he hits the bandwidth cap? What a shocker! ?)

If that’s the case, you can create a shortcut directly to the launcher in the install folder, and it should skip checking the host for a new version when opening.

Most likely the order of books in the patch will be Ghosts of Dathomir Dawn of Rebellion Fully Operational then Unlimited Power being that is the order of the books came out.  I wouldn't be surprised if Oggdude has been working on the update and will make his next post right before he releases the patch notes. Plus Oggdude also needs to purchase the books himself before he will begin the coding process.

Someone probably posted this already, but I couldn't find it. I wanted to add a ship workshop to the YT-1300 that my group got, but I can't figure out how to add it.

Also, I encountered a problem when adding Jury Rigged to a suit of armor that I added Superior Armor Customization too. When I added reduced Encumbrance it did not reduce the Encumbrance at all.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:26 AM, Donovan Morningfire said:

Are you adding the kimber stone to a Basic Lightsaber or a Basic Lightsaber Hilt?

The Basic Lightsaber is essentially hard-coded with the traits of an Ilum Crystal, which is probably where the Breach 1, Sunder, and crit rating are coming from.  And pretty sure the kimber stone isn't coded in such a way to remove those traits.

What you need to do is add a Basic Lightsaber Hilt to your character's weapon list, go into the attachments screen, and select the kimber stone.  That way, your lightsaber will have the proper stats for its crystal type.

Thanks! That seems to have fixed it.

Anyone good at making custom data sets?

So I’m adding Amani, but I’ve ran into an issue. There seems to be a limit of three option choices. I need 5. The options I need are Primitive, Night Vision, Rolling, Regeneration, and Poisonous Skin.

Obviously, only one of these is an actual option. (Primitive) Typically, it seems that special abilities like the other 4are included as option choices with only one option. Is there a way around this other than packing multiple things into one option?

I've been trying to add Talents from Dawn of Rebellion and I've noticed a problem. When I try to edit a talent that I've already created, it won't save the changes. For example: I select Secrets of the Jedi, click modify, make my change, then click update. I then click save. If I click modify again, the changes are gone and it's gone back to what I had before.

1 minute ago, HessianAz said:

I've been trying to add Talents from Dawn of Rebellion and I've noticed a problem. When I try to edit a talent that I've already created, it won't save the changes. For example: I select Secrets of the Jedi, click modify, make my change, then click update. I then click save. If I click modify again, the changes are gone and it's gone back to what I had before.

Have you tried clearing the cache?

From the launcher, check the "More Options" box. That will reveal additional controls, one of which is the "Clear Cache" button. Have everything but the launcher (such as Data Editor) closed when you do it.