OggDude

Another Character Generator

Questions.

1. Is it at all possible to make it so you can choose one of the universal specializations from the get-go? Like, be a Smuggler- Force Sensitive Exile, or a Soldier-Recruit as starting specializations?

2. When making custom armor for adversaries, could we get the option to give it special abilities?

3. When typing stuff, is there any possible way to insert the dice symbols like in the books?

4. This is a dumb question i’m sure, but how do you turn the data from the generator into a character sheet?

please and thank you :)

2 hours ago, mrdollar11 said:

Questions.

1. Is it at all possible to make it so you can choose one of the universal specializations from the get-go? Like, be a Smuggler- Force Sensitive Exile, or a Soldier-Recruit as starting specializations?

2. When making custom armor for adversaries, could we get the option to give it special abilities?

3. When typing stuff, is there any possible way to insert the dice symbols like in the books?

4. This is a dumb question i’m sure, but how do you turn the data from the generator into a character sheet?

please and thank you :)

1. No. that is not how universal specs work. YOu have to choose a career and career spec first. Then you can add a universal spec. You will notice univeral specs tend not to have skills.
2. not sure what  you mean.
3. yes. there is a list on the right of the data editor for those symbols.  IE [AB]
4. You print it.

2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

3. yes. there is a list on the right of the data editor for those symbols.  IE [AB]

If you can't see it, click on the button labelled "Help >>".

5 hours ago, mrdollar11 said:

1. I haven't tried this and it's not RAW, but if you go into the data editor you should be able to add the universal specialization to the career.  If that doesn't work, you may be able to copy it then edit the copy to remove universal and add it to the career.

2. If the players aren't going to get their hands on it, then just assign the special ability to the adversary and say it's part of the armor.  If they could get their hands on the armor it may be best to simply build a custom armor and then assign it to the NPC.  If you are referring to adding attachments to NPC gear, then I've never tried it out, but I would hope that you could.

I haven't tried either of the above.  Good luck.

I might have found an error. Sorry if this has been reported already.

A weapon that has gained Defensive through the Defensive Training talent doesn't seem to stack with armor, which Defensive usually does.

Probbly not only templates are the ones from the books that were currently added to the generated. I believe if you suggest the template to Oggdude and possibly share the data to add it to the generator he may add it.

Edited by kiranar
adding on

6 hours ago, penpenpen said:

I might have found an error. Sorry if this has been reported already.

A weapon that has gained Defensive through the Defensive Training talent doesn't seem to stack with armor, which Defensive usually does.

Actually not an error.

The last update was before the latest errata came out, and at that time the last official dev answer was that sources of defense didn't stack, and that you simply take the best defense value.  So in that case, if you had a weapon with Defensive 1 and were wearing heavy clothing, you'd still only have melee defense 1 per that ruling.

It's possible that OggDude will include the errata to defense in his next update.  Although there's no telling when said update will be as the generator is a side project for him.

Wondering if I have found an error or just missed something? The Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher weapon attachment is applying 2 extra Cumbersome to the base weapon. The Edge and Age sourcebooks only list +1 and I don't see a change in errata.

Anyone know if there's a way to add options to crafting items like armor and weapons? Or do I just have to live with making 0 HP mods and attaching them?

Soooo i went and updated my OggSWgen to the newest version 2.2.1.1 ........ and all my custom work is gone...
well, not loaded.

I have all the XML files, how do i load them back into the new version ?

tryed importing, and no go, cause its looking for Zips, and the XML's obviously dont load.

10 minutes ago, Dameclese said:

Soooo i went and updated my OggSWgen to the newest version 2.2.1.1 ........ and all my custom work is gone...
well, not loaded.

I have all the XML files, how do i load them back into the new version ?

tryed importing, and no go, cause its looking for Zips, and the XML's obviously dont load.

If they aren't in the Data folder, then drag and drop works fine.  But, did you Clear your cache?  Or did you verify that "UserData" was selected as a source, under character generator options?

Bamm 

Thanks @SilindeT

I had them all restored to just the DataCustom folder, not the main Data folder. 

Dragged and dropped them in there and everything started working.

I just through they had to reside in the Custom folder, not the main data as well. your post got me thinking and i applied the copypasta to the pile.

Edited by Dameclese

2 minutes ago, Dameclese said:

Bamm 

Thanks @SilindeT

I had them all restored to just the DataCustom folder, not the main Data folder. 

Dragged and dropped them in there and everything started working.

I just through they had to reside in the Custom folder, not the main data as well. your post got me thinking and i applied the copypasta to the pile.

They don't have to, but updates to the software can overwrite the files there. (I've got a few custom items that just refuse to show up unless they're in the main Data folder, so I keep copies to put back in if necessary.)

I seem to recall that this is the version that he updating the caching process in, so the old cache folder had to be removed upon first update. But I could be wrong.

They shouldn't need to be in both places.  The DataCustom should be fine, if the other two have been done.  Always clear your cache after upgrading, should do it before upgrading really.  And double check the options on the Character Generator to make sure all the correct sources are chosen.

I can't seem to get into Oggdude's application today or yesterday?   On neither my work laptop or home PC.   IS anyone else having issues?   It brings up the "Launching Application" but then nothing happens from there...

Ignore me.  I am a doofus...I forgot I moved the directory onto a USB to get it off my work PC :)

Edited by Andreievitch

Hi Ogg,

Is there any way that I could take a look at your original with all of the descriptions and everything, if I promise to not upload anything?

Might it be stored somewhere?

You can contact me directly through email so nothing gets out, if youd prefer.  Youve done a tremendous job and I dont want you to get into trouble.  Id just like to see the differences.

Thanks Ogg!

20 hours ago, seerinc said:

Hi Ogg,

Is there any way that I could take a look at your original with all of the descriptions and everything, if I promise to not upload anything?

Might it be stored somewhere?

You can contact me directly through email so nothing gets out, if youd prefer.  Youve done a tremendous job and I dont want you to get into trouble.  Id just like to see the differences.

Thanks Ogg!

Yeah...he is gonna say no. But i can tell yoj that if you dig around in this thread many many pages back you will find a group that discusses such things.

Edited by Daeglan