Jump to content
OggDude

Another Character Generator

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Eoen said:

Ogg dudes download site has a bandwidth cap, you might have to wait till next billing cycle.

I don’t think it’s hit the cap this time around. But, some browsers identify the file/his host as malicious and block the download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, I have a player who wants to use the Scar features from Forged in Battle. Is there any intention to include this in a future build of the program? I know I could just make a custom gear item or something, but with how you can spend XP on them, I'm not really sure how to implement that. Any suggestions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the "add item attachments" bug in the Data Editor has been brought up a few times, and OggDude has fixed it for the next release. But, what, if any, workarounds have people found to add attachments in the meantime?

(I've also noticed that, despite having added descriptions for pretty much everything and adding a few attachments along the way, my custom ItemAttachments.xml file is suddenly empty. Related to the bug?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Morbidsoul said:

Out of curiosity, I have a player who wants to use the Scar features from Forged in Battle. Is there any intention to include this in a future build of the program? I know I could just make a custom gear item or something, but with how you can spend XP on them, I'm not really sure how to implement that. Any suggestions? 

Use gm Grant's, other than recording  the xp you spent on scar talent, it does the job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of bugs to report, sorry if they've already been mentioned somewhere:

Trivial: The bottom right box of the Force Sensitive Exile specialization tree, Superior Defenses, is labeled "Gain +1 melee damage."  'damage' should be 'defense'.  Thankfully it functions correctly.

 

Now a more complicated one:

1. Create or edit a Companion.

2. Go to Skill.  Give them the Astrogation and Athletics skills.

3. Go to Special Abilities.  Click New.

4. Choose Upgrade Ability (under Special Dice for Skills).  Check Astrogation.

5. Click the New button.  Give the new ability a name.  Click the new ability.

6. Choose Upgrade Ability.  Check Athletics.

7. Examine the Skills box at the bottom left.

Observed result:  Astrogation skill has now been upgraded TWICE.  (skills given are just examples, bug occurs for any combo of two skills)

 

Hope that helps.  Great work as always, hope Real Life calms down for you and you find energy and motivation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found my first bug.  I made myself some Kav-Dann Power Armor with a Strength Enhancing System, Cortosis Weave, Superior Armor Customization, and a Low-Friction Coating.  

So, I have a Soak 3 set of armor that adds 2 to Brawn.  Great, right?  Well, while it does add 2 to Brawn, it only adds a total of 3 to Soak.  This indicates that it isn't adding in the extra 2 soak from Brawn into Soak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raptor2213 said:

Found my first bug.  I made myself some Kav-Dann Power Armor with a Strength Enhancing System, Cortosis Weave, Superior Armor Customization, and a Low-Friction Coating.  

So, I have a Soak 3 set of armor that adds 2 to Brawn.  Great, right?  Well, while it does add 2 to Brawn, it only adds a total of 3 to Soak.  This indicates that it isn't adding in the extra 2 soak from Brawn into Soak.

Not a bug. 

RAW states that additional Brawn gained after character creation or from enhancements do not add to soak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SilindeT said:

Not a bug. 

RAW states that additional Brawn gained after character creation or from enhancements do not add to soak.

False, RAW states the exact opposite. 

Age of Rebellion, Page 104 and Force and Destiny, Page 39 (restated on page 104) .  They even emphasized the word "do" to ensure clarity.

Quote

A character's default soak value is equal to his Brawn rating. After this initial value is determined, increases to Brawn rating do increase the character's soak value. Additional soak value bonuses are most often gained by wearing armor. Some talents may also increase a character's innate soak value.

Edge of The Empire, Page 94.

Quote

A character's default soak value is equal to his Brawn rating. After this initial value is determined, in creases to Brawn rating increase the character's soak value. Additional soak value bonuses are most often gained by wearing armor. Some talents may also increase soak, such as Enduring.  Later increases to Brawn rating also increase soak.

 

Edited by Raptor2213

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hrmmm, I've been playing that wrong.  But I haven't actually read the Force and Destiny book either.

Oh I see where I screwed that up.  Strain does not increase after initial creation so I guess I just applied that to soak also.

Edited by SilindeT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SilindeT said:

Hrmmm, I've been playing that wrong.  But I haven't actually read the Force and Destiny book either.

Oh I see where I screwed that up.  Strain does not increase after initial creation so I guess I just applied that to soak also.

You seem to not be the only one.  Some people in my current group thought the same thing until I showed them the rule.  I'm not sure the origin of this misunderstanding, but I imagine that's why they now stress the word 'do' in current versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 2:38 PM, Darzil said:

Whilst that is all true, the Strength Enhancing System Armor Attachment (pg 194 EoE Core) DOES state that it does not increase Soak or Wound threshold.

I think that's where the complications arise from. You have to read attachment discriptions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, now I have better Bandwidth, how exactly does the web install version work?

 

Also might I suggest the Option for the CharGen that we can use Universal Specs as starting Specs?

Edited by TheMOELANDER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Think the main reason we cant use universal specs as starter specs is because you need a career to go with the specialization to qualify as a starter spec. I hope everything is alright with him because of his silence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kiranar said:

I hope everything is alright with him because of his silence.

Real life has required extended absences from OggDude in the past. It’s usually nothing to worry about. According to his profile, it’s only been about 2.5 weeks since he was last online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All,

Is there a way to completely remove the Unofficial Species Menagerie from the character generator? I know how to "uncheck" it under sources allowed but I want to completely remove it so myself or my players don't see it as an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Open the Data Editor
  2. click on "Species"
  3. select the Unofficial Species Menagerie from the "Filter By Source" pulldown
  4. click on one of the displayed items
  5. click "Remove"
  6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 as necessary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 9:39 PM, Nytwyng said:
  1. Open the Data Editor
  2. click on "Species"
  3. select the Unofficial Species Menagerie from the "Filter By Source" pulldown
  4. click on one of the displayed items
  5. click "Remove"
  6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 as necessary

Thanks @Nytwyng

Unfortunately the option to "Remove" is grayed out. I suppose these entries are protected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dreeghul said:

Thanks @Nytwyng

Unfortunately the option to "Remove" is grayed out. I suppose these entries are protected.

Weird.

As an alternative, then, from the launcher, click "App Folder," then go into the Data folder, then the Species folder, and delete (or move, in case you want them at some future point) the files for the species you don't want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...